My Truck

This is a discussion on My Truck within the General Chat board part of the General category; This was my first car. I got it for Christmas 3 years ago from my grandmother. Well first thing is ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Ryan is offline Ubiquitous

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Truck

This was my first car. I got it for Christmas 3 years ago from my grandmother.

Well first thing is first. I will start off with a pic of what my tundra was when we bought it. It came with a camper shell on the back, but I didnt want it, so I sold it on craigslist.

The very next day, I went over to a local tire shop, called Les Schwab. And I asked the clerk who was working with me for rims that would look the best. He then showed me on his computer a couple of options, and we both agreed with these ones. 800 dollars for all 4, but they have Financing available, so I only payed 100 a month.

After hanging out with some friends that love cars, I noticed they had blue lights, and yellow fog lights. I asked how they have colored lights, and that was when I was introduced to lighting called "HID" .. basically, they are colored lights. I looked online, and found some called "12k." Now I was looking at them, and thought that they wouldnt look good, but I realized no one has them. Everyone always has 8K or 10K, so I gave this a shot. For 80 bucks, they turned out GREAT.

After 2 months, I decided I needed a new Air Intake System. I thought about K&N, but they are too pricey and I just didnt think I would like it. I went with a brand called CAI, and it came in black. I wanted to make it look cool, for show purposes. So I bought some Primer at a local hardware store, and primered the shit out of it. Next I went back the day, and got a gloss-red. I love the way it turned out.

About a year later, I had finally saved up enough money. And getting my taxes back REALLY helped me able to purchase both of these. First I went on Ebay, and found a supercharger made by TRD. I think I over-payed, but I couldnt find it at the Toyota Dealerships, OR craigslist, so this was my only option. It was a little over 4 grand. Right after that, I mean within 5 minutes, I found some Headers on Ebay too, so I then bought those to go along with the S/C

Last week, I picked up some Momo pedals, they look nice in my opinion.

As for my audio setup, I used my friends old Video player. I love it, and it comes in handy with the gps and video and music options. I have a 4-channel amp used for my speakers mounted under the drivers seat, so that way each speaker can get the most power to them. I then have a separate amp for my two little subs, mounted under the passenger seat. They are only 8inches each, because my inside is rather small, but the custom box make it fit under the back seat. The side of this tundra is so loud, it will blow your mind.

Last edited by Ryan; 02-07-2011 at 01:07 AM.

Mike is offline Master of Hell

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha, very nice! I'm 16, but WAAAAAY too poor to afford any type of motor vehicle. :< I'll probably stay that way for years to come haha.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire View Post
    Haha, very nice! I'm 16, but WAAAAAY too poor to afford any type of motor vehicle. :< I'll probably stay that way for years to come haha.
    Oh it took about a year and half to get to the point Im at now. Having a great paying job is the main reason, and selling stuff was / is my other income. It wasnt all in one day hehe. Im STILL working on my audio setup, and I have been for the past 2 months.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iAutotype View Post
    oh wow!! i recnetly got my license so i should get my first car soon
    What kind of car are you looking to get ? Honestly, I would say get a 2000-2004 Honda Prelude .. they are cheaper and they look SO legit. Plus you can totally mod them.

1cost is offline Advanced Hacker

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *sigh your doing it all wrong Ryan! You need to pimp it out. Like a pimpmobile

Also, this is what a pimpmobile is:
    The Pimpmobile is the car that Your Holiness the pimp(you) rides in when he makes his rare public appearances. Pimp Paul II was the first Pimp to ride in a Pimpmobile, and since then every Pimp has ridden in nothing but the Pimpmobile.
    If I helped you... thanks and are greatly appreciated!

Malish is offline YAH

Array
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Actally not bad... but I dont get why you style anything under the hood... thats just a waste if you ask me.. :p

I actually have a truck myself, not styled since I use it for work purposes ^^
    " [28-09, 00:51] Matt: I use wire brushes on my grill, she likes it."

McPeon is offline Da flying one

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice car I like it Im 15 atm so I dont own a car. Well, once I had a VW Golf 2 that my dad bought me for learning puposes but he sold it before a month, I think... Well now since I can drive my dad lets me sometimes drive his mercedes 280 SE (oldtimer about 37 years old). I love to drive it it has 180HP <3

R.I.P. NYAN!

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McPeon View Post
    Nice car I like it Im 15 atm so I dont own a car. Well, once I had a VW Golf 2 that my dad bought me for learning puposes but he sold it before a month, I think... Well now since I can drive my dad lets me sometimes drive his mercedes 280 SE (oldtimer about 37 years old). I love to drive it it has 180HP <3
    I drove a my uncles Mercedes, but it was a stick so after 2 times of staling it, he said he wanted to drive it. I suck at stick =(
    180 HP is like .. slow compared to this hah. Well, when I first for the tundra, it had only like 240 I think, now with the Headers and Supercharger it, it almost doubled. The supercharger itself brought it up to 380, and the headers only added about MAYBE 30 ...
    But its not horsepower that wins, its Torque .. I have yet to find out how much this has.

Quote Originally Posted by Glupus View Post
    Actally not bad... but I dont get why you style anything under the hood... thats just a waste if you ask me.. :p

I actually have a truck myself, not styled since I use it for work purposes ^^
    Well I style it under the hood to look "clean" .. I mean, its also fun. That air intake was the only thing I had painted though, and it makes it look nice inside. I was thinking about popping off my brake calipers and painting them too hehe
    Last edited by Ryan; 02-06-2011 at 08:15 PM.

Malish is offline YAH

Array
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I wont advice you to do that... and if you do it, do it properly. It might slow down you braking "bricks"? idk what it is in english -.-
    They are made to fit perfectly to fit in the "Track" they have.. even a tin layer of paint there would make them ether slower or make em stuck. So dont get paint there, and if you do.. cut 0,3-0,5mm off em (or use sandpaper on them until they fit.)

I am working 5 days a week with cars.. So the only thing I have in mine is the double 12" bass and the shit I need to run em...
    " [28-09, 00:51] Matt: I use wire brushes on my grill, she likes it."

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glupus View Post
    I wont advice you to do that... and if you do it, do it properly. It might slow down you braking "bricks"? idk what it is in english -.-
    They are made to fit perfectly to fit in the "Track" they have.. even a tin layer of paint there would make them ether slower or make em stuck. So dont get paint there, and if you do.. cut 0,3-0,5mm off em (or use sandpaper on them until they fit.)

I am working 5 days a week with cars.. So the only thing I have in mine is the double 12" bass and the shit I need to run em...
    My brakes have "case" around the Pads (Bricks) .. I was gonna paint the case, not the brakes pads.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast