I don't really know what to put as a title so just read it, it's important mhmk

This is a discussion on I don't really know what to put as a title so just read it, it's important mhmk within the General Chat board part of the General category; So let me give y'all a little introduction: Our ears hear sounds at frequencies (something or another, this isn't really ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Kevin is offline guy

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really know what to put as a title so just read it, it's important mhmk

So let me give y'all a little introduction: Our ears hear sounds at frequencies (something or another, this isn't really important, don't you dare correct me), and recently it was discovered that there are 2 different types of "listening": air listening (through your ear from the outside world) and your inner hearing (bone marrow vibrations or some shit). Now I don't really know what I'm talking about so let's get to the point: a perfect ear frequency listening graph would look like a rainbow, with the air listening on the top and the inner listening under it. Now the interesting bit is how crucial having a perfect as possible frequency listening graph as possible. Everyone thinks the def. of listening is to like, listen to something that's around us but it's not just that, it's how you process the sounds you hear into information. If your ear frequencies are messed up, you are probably suffering, but don't think it as abnormal because you've lived with it all your life (or most of it). Languages even have their own frequencies, and frequency sounds can even determine your self-confidence.

The "cure" for this is something called Tomatis (name of a french doctor) in which you listen to recordings of different sounds for 2 hours each day for 3 weeks, take a month break, do it for 2 more weeks, another months break then a final 2 weeks. I recently took a test (takes 20 minutes and is not very costly) and the results showed that I have a really fucked up graph. It was fine at the start, but my outer hearing just suddenly plunged and went haywire. The tester asked me if I was experiencing certain things (will say later) and I said yes to most of them.

Ever since I was 4 I had a mental block to the french language, and since I grew up in a French country, I had trouble communicating in french even though I had taken classes for it all of my life. I find myself constantly tired at school, and at times irritated. Whenever speaking socially irl to someone, I always feel as if it's awkward because I'm always thinking "what should I saw now" or "what should I do". I tend to zone out a lot, and say a lot of random stuff that doesn't really make sense. I also suck with chicks, due to this speech block I have. I am absolutely terrified of horror films because I take them way too seriously in my mind, and I have trouble follow instructions. These can all be fixed by Tomatis. I haven't done it yet, but it's legit (it has it's own mofucking website damn it, and a centre near where I live), and can be said to help you be a lot more confident socially, and can improve your concentration, understanding, etc.

If you are near a Tomatis centre, do the test if you have any similar problems to mine, I swear it could be life-changing, I mean fuck I thought I had ADD and I've been taking ritalin for 2 years now but I probably don't have ADD, ritalin just helps a bit. The tester guessed I was at about 1/5th my potential for learning. I know what you may think, "she just wants you to do it so she can get paid" but the testing was done by a good friend of my moms, and was free of charge. It's srs shit yo. I'm starting this in a couple days or so, and it has been proven to work. I'm sure that a lot of you gamers probably suffer from this because of the social block it imposes. I'm really psyched on it.

tl;dr fuck you, read it, it could change your life

search tomatis on google for more info and reviews

Mike is offline Master of Hell

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait, what? Sorry, but I am really confused. ._.

So you're saying that listening to noises can help you focus better?

Kevin is offline guy

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Wait, what? Sorry, but I am really confused. ._.

So you're saying that listening to noises can help you focus better?
    yeah didn't really know how to organize it.

No what I am saying is: the way you perceive these sounds is determined by how you hear what frequency (or some shit), and if you hear something at an abnormal frequency, it can have pretty big implications not only to what you respond with, but a lot of other shit. You have to realize that there are these 2 different types of "listening", and both perceive different things, *including* your own thoughts (somehow, don't ask me). Go on the tomatis website TOMATIS, Official Website of the Tomatis Method and read about it to understand better.

Idbjorn is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he is saying modern day pharmaceuticals are a conspiracy.

Kevin is offline guy

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Idbjorn View Post
    I think he is saying modern day pharmaceuticals are a conspiracy.
    no

Malish is offline YAH

Array
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What? o.o
    " [28-09, 00:51] Matt: I use wire brushes on my grill, she likes it."

Kaskame is offline d(-_-)b

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Code:

umad?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaskame For This Useful Post:

AlexanderTheGreat is offline Enter user title here.
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    trololo
    Let's eat Grandpa! - Let's eat, Grandpa!
    Punctuation, it saves lives.

Kevin is offline guy

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fuck y'all, I'll explain it better when I cba

garbonzobeans is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i claim 20 thousand dollars when you develop a multi million dollar breakthrough. thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast