wanting to join the royal marines commandoes

This is a discussion on wanting to join the royal marines commandoes within the General Chat board part of the General category; hi yea i wanna join the royqal marines commados for the state of mind you get and the new skills ...

hackermands is offline Hacker

Array
    above hell and beyond heaven 3 blocks to the right and the 5th house on the left
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wanting to join the royal marines commandoes

hi yea i wanna join the royqal marines commados for the state of mind you get and the new skills and life style and sense of adventure you achieve can someone tell me a sutible fitness set i should be doing one for cardio and then sets (how far should i be running every night)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ItzNitro is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As much as you can. If you're serious about joining the Royal Marines, you gotta train hard and that normally involves training until failure.

Kaskame is offline d(-_-)b

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can practise an workout I'm doing for all body 3 days a week, 1 hour per day.
    You can go for running every non workout day.
    You MUST eat well, this doesn't mean to eat like vegetables and fish only, this means eat what you can use, if your an "all-moving" person, eat like whatever you want because your moving all day long, if you are lazy, eat what you use, like eat normally, no extra snacks, no chocolate, no extra yuummi yummi food, just eat what you need.
    You must rest!
    You must not give up

But I guess you need something else...get into a gym ask for a good workout to get you some muscle and cardio workout...

hackermands is offline Hacker

Array
    above hell and beyond heaven 3 blocks to the right and the 5th house on the left
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    okay cause im 15 atm lol and i went to the careers expo and they said i could get in if i wanted to when i was 17 into the direct recruitment scheme but so far like pushing myself to the limit i can do 38metres underwater submerged on one breath i can run 8ks sprinting jogging without stopping before i almost collapse and i can do like 39 laps of a 50metre pool and i got pretty good upper strength but thats about it
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ItzNitro is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it sounds like you're already an athlete. Your stamina and endurance are quite good but all you would need to work on is your strength, by the sounds of it; since you can already run/swim very well.

Ideally, you want to do bodyweight exercises if you want to keep your stamina/endurance because if you gain too much lean body mass (effectively just muscle gains) then you obviously won't perform as well.

Any form of strength training -- including bodyweight, high rep, low rep, HIIT, etc -- will induce muscle & strength growth; but each form of training works on one more than the other. For example, high rep training will boost your strength immensely, so doing between 3 and 5 reps for around 4 to 5 sets will massively increase your strength but at your age I don't recommend lifting weights that heavy -- rather, you should wait until you are around 19+ for that, just to ensure proper growth and development. At your age, anything above 7 reps for 3 - 5 sets is ideal.

If you want to gain size, which by the sounds of it you don't (because it will inhibit how well you can perform in endurance demanding exercises) then you want to do between 8 to 12 reps for 3 to 4 sets. That is the most effective way to gain mass when lifting weights.

For your situation, I recommend just sticking to your cardio and hitting that hard; each session try and go a little harder -- so try shorten the time it takes you to run 400m, or try do more pullups. In summary, body-weight exercises are ideal since you will gain sufficient strength without gaining a ton of muscle mass. If body-weight exercises become easy, moving on to high rep training at the gym will help out since it will help build strength but is unlikely to make you gain weight.

PM me if you need any advice, and I suggest you subscribe to this guy on YouTube since he posts stuff all the time which will definitely help you out with ANY aspect of training. He also takes questions, and will reply to them in a video.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ItzNitro For This Useful Post:

lloyd1 is offline Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Realistically, If your looking at joining any corp in the army, you have to have a high physical fitness level.
    (I do know that the marines are part of the navy, I just have no experience in the navy subject)

From applying to the army, starting my basic training (I dropped out), They are mainly looking for massive stamina building,
    Its not about how strong you are, how much weight you can gain, how much you can lift. (Although there is a requirement for this), The main thing your looking for is endurance. You want to be out running atleast every other night, and I don't mean in a Gym on a machine, I'm on about pushing your body off hard concrete man style.

When your going into the army, normally they give you a trial day, where you go for a 1.5mile run, a max 2 min situp, a max 2 min press up, a jerry can carry, and a Chin-up (not to be confused with pull up) exercise.

To get into the royal marines, Im not a 100% sure on the correct timing but I know your run time is what matters most, chin-ups press ups etc.. can be overlooked as they're not as important, to get into the para's. the hardest corp to get into in the army is doing 1.5miles in 9:10 (roughly). I would believe this is similar to the marines, I recommend mapping out an exact mile, and not stopping until you can push your self to do near 4 minute miles. which is insanely hard because at best I could only do 5:45 minute miles (however I am a chubby bastard).

Another difficult one is the jerry can carry, one that all gamers actually succeed at, it's where you hold two 20kg weights in each hand, and have to walk 150m at walking distance, if you have actual jerry cans like I did, they can be very hard to grip. Alot of people often fail the first time, due to the fact they can't maintain the grip, the strength in this is actually in the fingers, because your shoulders can hold the slack, you only have to maintain the grip, so if you play alot of video games, you should be able to find this one easy.

I am completely unsure of the requirements of situps and pressups (2 minutes best) but I know you have to do about 70 situps in 2mins and about 50 pressups. (sounds a lot but if you do them quickly its a lot easier).

You will also be measured on your intelligence, alot of this is memory, and shape. generally just testing how quickly you react to puzzles. etc.. like I said before, if you play alot of video games, especially puzzle ones, this one should come quickly to you.

I know I have been pretty much listing requirements but I have alot to say, and Im just saying it as it comes out, so your going to have to make sense of what I say at the end and put it in some kind of logical order because Im going to be lazy and not do that for you

Also, back to running, I recommend you go and have your feet measured you get yourself a good pair of running shoes, and find your self if possible a good local running track, most tracks are 300m, and you can measure yourself well on this as 5.3 laps = 1.5m (If Im not being retarded). (/insert lame "Reoccuring ofcourse Leeroy JK refference)

Also, don't focus on bulking up (Might of mentioned this), if you haven't noticed, a lot of people who run professionally don't have huge biceps, because muscle = weight, and weight = slow. You want to get whats required for your chinups, Which I belive is mostly forearms and biceps, your back muscles via pressups and abdominals via situps.

If your struggling with chinups like I was, (I could only do about 8-9) You need to start off slow, Building this number is a slow process, don't expect instant results, it will come eventually. (requiremnt for marines is like 15?)

I mean, thats all I can really answer, what I do recommend is telling your parent(s) or Guardian(s) that you are considering joining the navy/marines/army... etc.. and going down to your local Army Careers outpost,
    he will be your best friend and your worst enemy, he will tell you what you need to be doing, what kind of diet you "should" be having (although really, they don't care that much about this), what exercises you need to be doing, where you could improve. Also, you should consider joining a form of cadets? this will give you some insight on what it involves. etc..

Thats about it really., Ive been typing for what feel's like a decade, like I always do, beg for likes, if you found it helpful, like it, etc... and if you have any questions your probably better off messaging me, because I might forget to check back here, but if you do, I'll try to remember just for you <3

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

wall of text hits hackermands for 14000 damage.
    its super effective!
    wild hackermands faints.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lloyd1 For This Useful Post: