2nd WoW Expansion

This is a discussion on 2nd WoW Expansion within the General Chat board part of the General category; Originally Posted by Dead hmmm is it for US people to? lol, blizz would be stupid to not do it ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Kalbintion is offline Premium Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead View Post
    hmmm is it for US people to?
    lol, blizz would be stupid to not do it

Quote Originally Posted by Blarg View Post
    whens it coming out? will cost something? lol
    im assuming round same much as the others unless blizz makes it free for the reason i state below

Quote Originally Posted by Tresspass View Post
    I think hero class will be like a secondary class so you move on from a palladin to a death knight or somthing, then they'll slowly release all the new hero classes.

^ thats my guess
    good guess, would be funner to me

Quote Originally Posted by thebest View Post
    yeah im excited to see a new thing to make WoW more interesting. even tho im not 70 yet
    im lv 63 on a priv blizz-like server lol

Quote Originally Posted by Xerion View Post
    How will the death knight class fit into the game?
    The death knight combines martial prowess with dark, necromantic energies. Players might be familiar with the death knight from previously released Warcraft games -- most recently, in the campaigns for Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and the Frozen Throne expansion, the former paladin Arthas became a death knight and wreaked havoc across Azeroth and Northrend before fusing with the spirit of Ner'zhul to become the Lich King. The death knight is the first hero class in World of Warcraft; once certain criteria are met, players will unlock the ability to create a new death knight character, which will begin play at a high experience level. We're currently exploring various options for how the death knight will play and the types of abilities at its disposal, and we'll be revealing more information about this new class as we get further along in development.

Will the death knight have any abilities from previously released Warcraft games?

The way we portrayed death knights in past Warcraft games is certainly a source of inspiration, but we are still determining how best to capture that feel within the mechanics of World of Warcraft, and haven't made any final determinations on specific abilities.

What role will the death knight play in groups and raids?

In general terms, the death knight can be considered a type of class that combines damage dealing and tanking, but naturally it will have an array of unique abilities as well.

What races will be allowed to play death knights?

We haven't yet made a final determination about which races can be death knights. However, the class will be available to both the Alliance and the Horde.

Source: World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
    woohoo tho i dont think alliance should be allowed the class, death knight is horde lol, always has been cmon XD

Quote Originally Posted by kaydo14 View Post
    u will probly need to buy the expansion like tbc, when it will come out im not sure wondering myself:smile:
    meh that would suck, but i wouldnt buy it, id use a client dl'er lol hope they got one for this

Quote Originally Posted by Volund View Post
    there has been no release date announced, im guessin around christmas or sometime next summer tho.... and why the hell would blizzard release an expansion for free??
    good point on having blizz release an expansion for free, only thing i can think of is that they got enuff money to not care about any money gain from the game itself, but still have the 15$ fee, or maybe make it 20$ lol
    I reject your reality and substitute my own ~Adam Savage

Volund is offline Banned

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    arthas was a death knight, he was human... he was the 1st death knight... human pally aka "knight of the silver hand" lol

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volund View Post
    arthas was a death knight, he was human... he was the 1st death knight... human pally aka "knight of the silver hand" lol
    Key word; was
    lol

Volund is offline Banned

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and then he became the litch king but still, the horde has no more right to call the death knight their own than does allance

CaT- is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalbintion View Post
    Key word; was
    lol
    but he isn't horde either, because he led the scourge and the forsaken aren't the scourge

Blarg is offline Budha
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    forsaken used to be scourge but then they sperated and became part of the horde

Made by me ^

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg View Post
    forsaken used to be scourge but then they sperated and became part of the horde
    exactly, thats why i said death knight shouldnt be available to alliance. Even tho King Arthas was human, he became the undead just about and then went to lich king, in the end he still went to the horde, so.

Volund is offline Banned

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    undead as in horde= forsaken
    death knight= scourge
    scourge doesnt = forsaken

what i mean is, the scourge isnt the same as the forsaken, the forsaken have free will they also do not have death knights.... so, Alliance actually has a better call to be death knights than horde does. ill post the link to wowwiki when i find it

Death knight lore - WoWWiki, the Warcraft wiki

the death knights were not loyal to the HORDE... they were loyal to Gul'Dan and sargeras (ie. burning legion )

PROMINANT DEATH KNIGHTS

[edit] Famous Death Knights
    Name Role Condition Magical Field
    Arthas Menethil Became Lich King alive death
    Lord Darkscythe Fought Malfurion Stormrage in Silverpine Forest dead death & shadow
    Baron Perenolde Fought Illidan Stormrage in Silverpine Forest alive death & shadow
    Baron Rivendare Leads Scourge in Stratholme killable death & shadow
    Alexei Barov Mini-boss of Scholomance killable death & shadow
    Marduk Blackpool Mini-boss of Scholomance killable death
    Darkreaver Found in Scholomance killable death
    Instructor Razuvious Found in the Death Knight Wing of Naxxramas killable physical
    Highlord Mograine Found in the Death Knight Wing of Naxxramas killable fire & shadow
    Thane Korth'azz Found in the Death Knight Wing of Naxxramas killable fire & shadow
    Lady Blaumeux Found in the Death Knight Wing of Naxxramas killable shadow
    Sir Zeliek Found in the Death Knight Wing of Naxxramas killable holy & shadow
    Ilifar Serves Razelikh killable ice & death
    Teron Gorefiend Found in Shadowmoon Valley and the Black Temple, serves Illidan killable death and shadow

Other Death Knights:

Lord Nightsorrow, Lord Soulrender, Lord Dethstorm, Lord Maldazzar, Lord Darkhallow, Lord Lightstalker, Baron Bloodbane, Baron Felblade, Duke Dreadmoore, Duke Ragereaver, Baron Frostfel, Lord Darkscythe, Duke Wintermaul, and Baron Morte.

Look these guys up, most of them were knights of the silver hand... IE, alliance

anyways, death knights were originally controlled by the burning legion, not scorge, and not the horde either
    Last edited by Volund; 11-18-2007 at 03:43 AM.

Volund is offline Banned

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bump to show tons of info i added to post

axxo is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    man i would hate if death knight was a class to be when u hit 80, well we will just have to see

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast