Martial Arts! anyone?

This is a discussion on Martial Arts! anyone? within the General Chat board part of the General category; I boxed for about 2 months but had to stop for laccrose....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    KaMiKaZe is offline Banned User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I boxed for about 2 months but had to stop for laccrose.

ximiko is offline Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have done 6 months of a Shaolin Training it was very tough so i quit but i learned about Qi Qong and other usefull staffs .My training was at Wing Chun(well most of it) and i agree its only for self-defence purpose anything else mean that you are bad person xD

kajlin is offline Guru
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol coming from someone whose sig is a guy killing fifty females it doesnt mean much hearing that from you. And i am a bad person, at least i admit it. And really self-defense.... if you need to defend yourself, there is a reason, you should ask yourself what that reason is.
    LSD IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL!!!!

Sig By: Editee (TY SO MUCH)
    Brain EATORZ, YUM YUM... GOBBLEZ GOBBLEZ...

MaXe is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im not dissing karate, im just saying that if i wanted to kick your ass and all u know is karate, your ass is going to get kicked.
    There is different levels of Karaté, as well in other Martial Arts, in some Karaté Associations, you don't learn anything, and in some, you are training on elite plan later like i am planning to do. (you can choose of 3 systems based on how hardcore they are)

kajlin is offline Guru
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXe View Post
    There is different levels of Karaté, as well in other Martial Arts, in some Karaté Associations, you don't learn anything, and in some, you are training on elite plan later like i am planning to do. (you can choose of 3 systems based on how hardcore they are)

Well from what ive seen there is one level of karate, the one that sucks. ive never been beaten by someone who uses karate. in fact i dont even think ive been in a match with a karate user that has lasted for more than two minutes (I have had over 600 ringed mixed matches-and over a thousand non ringed fights). The simple fact is that karate is usless against any form of aggresive martial art. There is a planned route to any technique used in karate, once that plan is disrupted you have miliseconds to react, and an aggresive martial art wont give you the time you need. There are different routes to every plan, and almost every one relys on a counter, and mainly relying on counters in a fight is a big mistake. And if you dont enter the "elite" plan your talking about at the very beggining, you are not a match to any muay thai fighter, we are in it to kill, if your not prepared to do the same you've already lost.
    LSD IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL!!!!

Sig By: Editee (TY SO MUCH)
    Brain EATORZ, YUM YUM... GOBBLEZ GOBBLEZ...

Shiro is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    UK - England - Manchester - in your closet
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Craziness, not really into the whole karate thing... martial arts were invented for soldiers during wars to kill there opponent. with an agressive martial arts you still gain the discipline. plus i doubt karate would help in situation were you have 5 people trying to hit you at same time -.-.

any advice on which martial arts to take for a slim 6ft person not much muscle..

Sorry You're Not A Winner

editee is offline Premium Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Taekwondo you can take on over eight people at a time, my friend from one of my classes that I took handled a street fight against sixteen people. The key of martial arts is to use your opponent's force against themselves, not to use your force to harm them. Which is also one of Judo's weaknesses, if you don't put forth much force, they can't do much.

Greetz,
    E.

Shiro is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    UK - England - Manchester - in your closet
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah i know that... its why i would prefer it to something like boxing or kick boxing or muay thai. plus i think the discipline and what you gain while learning can really help you in life.

Sorry You're Not A Winner

MaXe is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    plus i doubt karate would help in situation were you have 5 people trying to hit you at same time -.-.
    Seriously, does anyone here even know real karaté ?? My basic learning is not only protecting myself from 1 person, Shiho aka 4-Sides training is to protect yourself from f.ex. 4 people around you..
    ( or more)

Kata's is to protect you from a LOT more.
    If you try to think behind all what you know, you'll see that every Martial Art has it's own special skills and techniques.

I hear all the time people say Muay Thai = Win but i also hear a lot of people saying Wing Chun is the winner.

I still think there's only levels in each Martial Art.
    And besides that, the biggest enemy you will ever face, is still yourself.

editee is offline Premium Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice quote at the last line MaXe.

Greetz,
    E.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast