Martial Arts! anyone?

This is a discussion on Martial Arts! anyone? within the General Chat board part of the General category; dunno just post your experience, the latest mixed youve been to, hell even the last fight u got into. I ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    kajlin is offline Guru
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Martial Arts! anyone?

dunno just post your experience, the latest mixed youve been to, hell even the last fight u got into.

I myself was in kick boxing between 12 - 15 then made the step up to muay thai, even got some training with mike miles when i was 17. I am the president of my towns mixed community KHC (Kimberley Honour Club) we hold a tourney once a month i havent got 1st place in 8 months and have never placed in anything less than 5th. We have 142 members in a town of 8000, (thats allot of people here). When i was 16 i was on the show "So You Wanna Fight", Place at eigth in all of B.C. Made 600 Bucks WOOT lol. Other than that i have some kendo experience (not much, but im an apprentice blacksmith so i decided i might aswell learn how to use the swords that im making), lol been in to many street fights to count. I kind of want to get a sword on sword competition somewhere in my tourney but my lawyer said its a bad idea, the whole getting sued thing

NE 1 else a liscensed ass kicker?

LSD IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL!!!!

Sig By: Editee (TY SO MUCH)
    Brain EATORZ, YUM YUM... GOBBLEZ GOBBLEZ...

editee is offline Premium Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd rather stay out of fights or of the like, but I have 2 black belts for "self-defense" purposes. [ One for Karate and one for Taekwondo ]

Greetz,
    E.

Blarg is offline Budha
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im into filipino kali and sayoc kali i hope to be part of the dog brothers one day and i have a orange belt with 2 stripes in jkd and mixed martial arts. i am also training in ji jitsu and kali

Made by me ^

MaXe is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am training in an organisation that is member of Japaneese Karaté Association, my organisation does NOT do competitions as it is not what Karaté was ment for.
    I am quite low rank but compared to other Karaté systems then i've learned way more than people normally learns at that rank (thus i'm doing pretty good imho).
    The organisation have around idk at camps there's 200-300 people and there should be some in USA and Japan as well.
    I would rather stay out of fights cause Karaté is only for self-defense.
    Though, i've been bad in the past so i got experience with other kinds of "warfare".

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with MaXe, martial arts was made for self-defense and keeping yourself healthy, but who could keep the manifest destiny of humans within them?

Greetz,
    E.

Shiro is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    UK - England - Manchester - in your closet
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not all martial arts were made for self-defence some were made to kill...

looking for a martial arts myself was interested in kendo for awhile but decided not too. trying to decide what to take for someone with not much upper body strength and long legs.
    Last edited by Shiro; 09-04-2007 at 12:25 AM.

Sorry You're Not A Winner

Volund is offline Banned

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you lucky bugger, one of my friends is teaching me kendo, but being an apprentice blacksmith would be awesome, i have some blacksmithing experiance, but not much (i live in a city...)

Blaze is offline Premium Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have done 1 year of ju jitsu (forgot how to spell it) and a 5 months of karate

But the best way to win a fight is to bite them

kajlin is offline Guru
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    .... most of my members use karate (none of them have come in anything higher than 14th place), now keep in mind we dont hold average tournys, they arent point based, there if u hit the floor and cant get back up u lose kind. Im not dissing karate, im just saying that if i wanted to kick your ass and all u know is karate, your ass is going to get kicked.

And blaze I have a chunk of flesh missing from my left shoulder because of a biter, he bled alot more than i did in the end, so a little advice is to never bite someone in a fight cuz if they arent a pussy it will just piss them of.

I enjoy fighting, its in my blood, I cant help it. I can trace my lineage back thousands of years, and half my breed is of viking descent, so it was inevitable for me to become violent.

And there are very few martial arts that where created for self defense, the majority, where for winning "primitive" wars, and one on one duels to the death. Its a fact. The ones that are intened for self defense where usually created as a tool for enlightenment (u cant master your mind if u cant master your body).

And there are several places over the in iternet where you can begin an apprenticeship in smithing, although u gonna need a forge, which if u have a scrap metal yard near by is easy to set up. Ive made all my equipment my self, exept all my clasps and bangers. Although u need a permit to operate it in a residential area (costs money). I wouldnt call it luck, just determination to live a better life than what was handed to me.

And our next tourny is on the 15th of this month so i might post the reslts (if there in my favor).

Cheers,
    LSD IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL!!!!

Sig By: Editee (TY SO MUCH)
    Brain EATORZ, YUM YUM... GOBBLEZ GOBBLEZ...

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have two words for you:

Go boxing.

Greetz,
    E.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast