Learning programing (help meh)

This is a discussion on Learning programing (help meh) within the General Chat board part of the General category; Yo guys. I've been going to highschool where we learn Turbo C and C++ mostly(very old and useless) ,a bit ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Danteshealz is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Learning programing (help meh)

Yo guys.
    I've been going to highschool where we learn Turbo C and C++ mostly(very old and useless) ,a bit SQL now, but i think it will be basic only and i learned HTML on my own (very simple language so it is not much of an achievment).

Now i wanted to start going on courses and start learning on my own, if i wanted to learn general focuesed programming/coding, where should i start? Anyone can tell me good website where there are some basics?

If i learn basics i will easyly understand books that i find in library (of one software language)

SO basic question is:

1# Which languages should i start with, like type order of languages (start with>than>than>than...>finnish with)
    2# Any websites that will help me learn?
    3# and books that will help me learn?
    4# And is there any programmer/coder here that i can pm if i get stuck at some part of learning?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Forgot to mention, would be cool, if there was Serb books, (or serb coders that can help me)
    If not on english is just as fine
    Last edited by Danteshealz; 05-08-2012 at 08:05 AM.

YourName is offline THE ONE AND ONLY DARK KNIGHTY

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you know C/C++ any other language will be easier to learn, so start with mastering those.
    Providing you with foolish stuff since 2007.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to YourName For This Useful Post:

LordLoras is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when you decide what language you want to learn you can check for free e-books here Home | Wow! eBook - Blog it has alot of categories

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LordLoras For This Useful Post:

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YourName View Post
    If you know C/C++ any other language will be easier to learn, so start with mastering those.
    I know a big part of it, because it is requiered in my secondary school,tough i didn't know other languages are easier... :O srsly? (i never really got into other languages beside C and C++ , when i got into HTML it was so easy... But than again it was pretty much useless as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LordLoras View Post
    when you decide what language you want to learn you can check for free e-books here Home | Wow! eBook - Blog it has alot of categories
    Thanks, but i want to start learning about coding bots and similiar things, any suggestions?

Tracky is offline Administrator

Array
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danteshealz View Post
    I know a big part of it, because it is requiered in my secondary school,tough i didn't know other languages are easier... :O srsly? (i never really got into other languages beside C and C++ , when i got into HTML it was so easy... But than again it was pretty much useless as well.

Thanks, but i want to start learning about coding bots and similiar things, any suggestions?
    Bots? I'd say AutoIt is quite useful for that matter. But it's very, VERY limited and C# / C++ would make more sense (But you already know these languages ).
    Can you actually do bots with C++ already? Do you have any clue about Reverse Engineering?
    It really comes down to what you want to achieve.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tracky For This Useful Post:

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracky View Post
    Bots? I'd say AutoIt is quite useful for that matter. But it's very, VERY limited and C# / C++ would make more sense (But you already know these languages ).
    Can you actually do bots with C++ already? Do you have any clue about Reverse Engineering?
    It really comes down to what you want to achieve.
    Thing is ,we learned all the commands, and the stupid thing about my school, it doesn't teach us how to use those commands, we do like a script at the time, but we never (or not yet) do coding fully functionable software...
    So yes, i know a lot about c++, i know many codes/scrips, but if you told me make this and that (when i have to adapt script with another script, so they would actually work toghether) i am affraid i don't know that much.

But i am really egar to learn , and i won't be lazy when it comes to studing

Smoogel is offline Premium Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are looking for another language then C# is worth to consider. If I was you though I will stick to the C/C++ and become pro at school then get high grades. After that I would recommend taking a quick look at VB.net for a few weeks (a lot of colleages use this language for beginners, in the UK anyways) then if you want to start coding powerful software C# would be the way to go.

All of the pro WoW bots where coded in C# (for example, honorbuddy, glider etc)

There are a lot of books/guides all over the internet as well as source code to study

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Smoogel For This Useful Post:

ItzNitro is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends on your goals really. I mean I'm not really a programmer but I'm jumping in to PHP/SQL this year, and Java next year (web development/e-commerce).

Things like PHP aren't exactly strict, meaning you can get away with a lot (such as loose typing etc). It's a really easy language which promotes procedural habits, which you do not want lol. I've heard from x & y that Java is better than C, and C is better than Java. I don't really know, but I'd recommend either of those -- and find out what you want to achieve before you find a language you want to learn first. When learning a second languages, chances are you'll be relating back to the first language you learnt, which you may have picked up bad habits from.

I recommend you go look up Java on YouTube (it's filled with some really useful tutorials) and check out what OOP is. It might seem unintuitive at first but it really is far better than any other programming approaches.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ItzNitro For This Useful Post:

zealenth is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The CS 101 course on Coursera is pretty awesome. I reccomend checking it out.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to zealenth For This Useful Post:

chenrily is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not know much, can not help you ,so sorry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast