Virus Analyzers

This is a discussion on Virus Analyzers within the General Chat board part of the General category; Hello there, since I registered in this forum ,(witch was not very long time ago), I saw that theres a ...

jhonxxx is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Virus Analyzers

Hello there, since I registered in this forum ,(witch was not very long time ago), I saw that theres a lot of viruses, and some people cant decide if its virus or not and decides to go for it and gets infected.

So I just want to spread the word that there are quite good and known www.virustotal.com.

What is virustotal? VirusTotal.com is a website that provides free checking of files for viruses. It uses up to 44 different antivirus products and scan engines to check for viruses that the user's own antivirus solution may have missed.

But theres not always are viruses in files , but the virustotal marks it dangerous then its safe.

To know if the file you downloaded is safe you can scan it trought the best scaning website(for me), Anubis: Analyzing Unknown Binaries, what is Anubis? Anubis is a tool for analyzing the behavior of Windows PE-executables with special focus on the analysis of malware. Execution of Anubis results in the generation of a report file that contains enough information to give a human user a very good impression about the purpose and the actions of the analyzed binary. The generated report includes detailed data about modifications made to the Windows registry or the file system, about interactions with the Windows Service Manager or other processes and of course it logs all generated network traffic.

And becouse Anubis can tell about application behavior i can tell what exe is really safe and witch is actually dangerous.

So this about wraps up everything, sorry for long reading hope it was worth something to you.
    I know I`am new to this forum and reputation would be helpfull, so if i really helped you, dont hesitate give a like, or some rep
    Last edited by jhonxxx; 06-09-2012 at 11:52 PM.

Stroh is offline Narf Narf

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooold

jhonxxx is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged