Tell me about your life.

This is a discussion on Tell me about your life. within the General Chat board part of the General category; "So much to do, so much to see - so what's wrong with taking the backstreets? You'll never know if ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Jolinar is offline rapid response team #1

Array
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Tell me about your life.

"So much to do, so much to see - so what's wrong with taking the backstreets? You'll never know if you don't go ..."

What were the backstreets of your life? Positive and negative aspects?

I'll just start.

The probably biggest downside of my youth has been my activity in the drug scene. I've had a lot of trouble with the authorities because of that, yeah. But after all, I'm glad I've made the experience - not because of the contact with drugs, to me, that was secondary, more because I've learnt to judge people quite quickly and to evaluate if someone is trustworthy or not. Furthermore, it's also shown me that there are lows and highs in life and after all, it has made up most of my maturity.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jolinar For This Useful Post:

Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Growing up my family (My mom and sister) and I were unfortunate when it came to currency. We spent most the time moving in and out of shelters. Dad left when I was a baby, hurr durr. Met this girl in highschool, Tenth grade, who viewed that how much money you have, doesn't matter. Suffice it to say, we have our own house, our own dog, and are getting married. I've learned not to take anything for granted.

@kent

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matt For This Useful Post:

Tracky is offline Administrator

Array
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Uh, I somewhat remember your time when you were completely in drugs and shit.
    I've to say that, even without drugs, I can judge people, their trustworthiness and what they're up to quite fast and without much problems. Helps me a lot every now and then

I guess my worst experiences in life were when I moved between like 6 schools in less than 3 years just because my mother and me moved house very often. Didn't have the chance to make out real friends until then and had to stick with those that were the most sympathetic to me. But then again this might be why I'm able to notice whether or not I'm good with a person that fast.

Now that I went through my illness and solved quite a few other problems I finally noticed what makes a 'real friend' to me and what's important in life (so far..).
    Interesting topic by the way

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tracky For This Useful Post:

Vallz is offline Advanced Hacker

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never had any critical problem or so, I was born when my dad and mom were already 35 so they had money and 250 square meter house shortly after. I grew up with 3 sisters (perhaps that's the worst).
    I've only changed schools when I grade to a higher school.
    Elementary school, same one for 10 years
    College, same one for 3 years and counting.
    I was an average joe during elementary ( 6 years old -> 16 years old) so I can't complain.

Sorry that I'm unable to share interesting stories lol

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Vallz For This Useful Post:

Ryan is offline Ubiquitous

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, judging fast is not always the best thing to do, Tracky and Joli .. I mean think about it, what if the first impression they made on you was simply because they of a bad day ? It happens, unfortunately, thats why I think you should alawys get to know people before you decide if they are trustworthy or not ... if they come off as untrustworthy, make them feel at home and sooner then later they become a really good person to you for the kindness you have provided them.

As for the worst times in my life, there are a few. We grew up in the nineties .. everyone had it rough. I'll list just a few that have impacted me as a person however. I think the first time I ever felt actually scared was when I was about 5-6 .. I rememerb I was laying in bed, getting tucked in to my cozy bed, and my mom was sitting with me and we had the radio turned on 98 Rock (California largest rock station, at the time it was 93 Rock.) Out of no where, my step dad start bitching about something, i think it was because I left a plate in my room or something, I cant remember the exact reason... Anyways, my mom had been in the bathroom for about 10 seconds before all this started going down, so as she across the house, and my dad is in my face, he literally grabbed the stand-up fan I had in the corner of my room and had slammed it has hard as he could against my bad side, breaking the fan. I started to cry, and thats when my dog had sprinted in through my door and jumped on my bed in my lap. He then sat there barking ferociously at my step dad until he walked out like it no big deal. my mom came in after yelling at him so she could comfort me, and I ended up sleeping with my dog.
    Then second thing that was awful was coming to the realization that my dog was becoming sick. We had recieved him as a pup when I was in the 1st grade I think, maybe second ? Anyways, that doesnt matter, what mattered was all the times we had together, he was my favorite and protected our entire family. I remember when I was 10th grade, my little brother now 3 years old and just learning to talk, had also fallen for my dogs huge heart, nothing but love. I opened up the back door, and said "Nathan, go get Moose" and I watched my little brother walk out in the garage and about half way, he stopped and took a puase, then screamed out loudly "MOOOOOOOOSE!!!' and laughed at the moment. It reminded me of myself when I was younger, I hope he doesnt make the mistake I made. So back to my doggy, around 11th grade, I came home one day and notice Moose wasnt inside; I thought it was odd since I left him inside befoer I went to school. After going outside and not seeing him, I decided to call my mo, in which she had explained the story that my step dad had to drive to a place to put him down. This was the one of rare occasions where I cried; usually I try to hold in tears but there are moments that happen. Needless to say, he will be missed, and we will keep his cremation forever.
    The third - I was just driving, literally. All of a sudden I heard a weird noise coming from my tire ... I told myself, ok time to take this truck home and see whats wrong with it. On my way back, keep in mind Im not like flying down the road, simply going the posted speed limit, when all of a sudden my steering wheel starts shaking. WTF ! I was only going about 40 MPH .... Next thing that catches my attention was hearing a loud BANG and having the left side of my truck slam down on the road, scrapping my brake rotors and snapping the axel in the process, all the while Im looking at the road and watching my tire roll across the intersection and everyone was probably thinking "What in the .." I was thankful it wasnt as bad as it could have been, because this happened next to our river side meaning I would probably be dead if that happened. After a few weeks we found someone to repair the damages for a little more then a grand, which was far more of a deal then the repair shops 6 grand estimate....

All the good times Ive had, there are far too many to list, but I know I enjoy life and everything that comes with it.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:

BlueIsImba is offline Best Mod Ever
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I try not to talk about my real life on the Internet... but all I can say is : Some women are plain evil...they play games. Take ALL your money, then leave because you are always working.

If you got any request, about anything, feel free to PM me. I'm not as bitchy as I seem lol.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueIsImba For This Useful Post:

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueIsImba View Post
    I try not to talk about my real life on the Internet... but all I can say is : Some women are plain evil...they play games. Take ALL your money, then leave because you are always working.
    Im in a similar rutt like this as we speak, and I live with her. Stress can only be taken away by cigarettes, at least thats all i have found to be helpfull. Nothings better then time to yourself so you can clear you head.

Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    , in which she had explained the story that my step dad had to drive to a place to put him down.

When I was in Seventh grade My family and I went to an animal shelter to look at the animals. I would have never thought we were going to get one. I saw this German Sheppard, sitting calmly in the cage. I sat there and studied him for a bit. I called my mom over and she took a look at him. The Volunteer opened the cage and let him out and it was like, I found my best friend. I looked at his name tag on the cage and it said, "Hobo". I was like, FUCKING EPIC! Needless to say we took him home. He was literally like my best friend, being that I was a loner-ish computer geek. I had a loft bed, one that was raised off the ground and had a latter. This dog would climb the latter and lay up there with me while I slept. This dog would go everywhere with me. When I would leave for school he would get upset, but when the bus came with me in it, he would get all excited, start howling and running around in circles. After my mother and our landlord got into a disagreement about the landlords shitty drunk ass, crack addicted boyfriend, She kicked us out of the house. After that we went to live in a trailer. Now we went from a house, to a trailer. The trailer was considerably small, but still relatively big enough for a German Sheppard. Anyway, Things we going great with the move. I started making friends, and spending time with Hobo. One day, My mother got a new boyfriend. See I think it was desperation. She has been alone ever since I was born and maybe she just wanted someone her age to talk to, i don't know. This guy, thought he was in the mafia. He was a just a terrible everything. Suffice it to say, one of the days I returned from school, Hobo was not in our house. I was freaking out, asking what was going on, and my mom said that her new boyfriend decided it would be a good idea to give him away, because our trailer wasn't "Big enough for a dog". I cried, of course. They got rid of my best friend. The real fucking icing on the cake is that a day later, after giving him away, the people said he passed on. That as soon as they got him to the house, he walked to a corner, and laid down. He wouldn't eat or anything. I think he gave up the will to live.

@kent

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt For This Useful Post:

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefallen1one View Post
    When I was in Seventh grade My family and I went to an animal shelter to look at the animals. I would have never thought we were going to get one. I saw this German Sheppard, sitting calmly in the cage. I sat there and studied him for a bit. I called my mom over and she took a look at him. The Volunteer opened the cage and let him out and it was like, I found my best friend. I looked at his name tag on the cage and it said, "Hobo". I was like, FUCKING EPIC! Needless to say we took him home. He was literally like my best friend, being that I was a loner-ish computer geek. I had a loft bed, one that was raised off the ground and had a latter. This dog would climb the latter and lay up there with me while I slept. This dog would go everywhere with me. When I would leave for school he would get upset, but when the bus came with me in it, he would get all excited, start howling and running around in circles. After my mother and our landlord got into a disagreement about the landlords shitty drunk ass, crack addicted boyfriend, She kicked us out of the house. After that we went to live in a trailer. Now we went from a house, to a trailer. The trailer was considerably small, but still relatively big enough for a German Sheppard. Anyway, Things we going great with the move. I started making friends, and spending time with Hobo. One day, My mother got a new boyfriend. See I think it was desperation. She has been alone ever since I was born and maybe she just wanted someone her age to talk to, i don't know. This guy, thought he was in the mafia. He was a just a terrible everything. Suffice it to say, one of the days I returned from school, Hobo was not in our house. I was freaking out, asking what was going on, and my mom said that her new boyfriend decided it would be a good idea to give him away, because our trailer wasn't "Big enough for a dog". I cried, of course. They got rid of my best friend. The real fucking icing on the cake is that a day later, after giving him away, the people said he passed on. That as soon as they got him to the house, he walked to a corner, and laid down. He wouldn't eat or anything. I think he gave up the will to live.
    Dude thats fucking horrible !!! What the hell is wrong with people, thats just cruel to your pup! He had a home, had love, and they made him give it up ????

Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah man, shit was ridiculous. The guy turned out to be abusive anyway. He and my mom were driving home from somewhere and he punched her in the jaw. She stopped at a gas station saying she was going to buy cigarettes, and locked herself in the bathroom. My mom called and told me what happened and that he was heading back home without her. I loaded up my paintball gun, cause I was like only 14 or whatever. He walked through the door and took a full hopper to the face. We had to call the ambulance.

@kent

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast