Real life creepy question

This is a discussion on Real life creepy question within the General Chat board part of the General category; Alright, so this morning I scared the shit out of myself, and my fiance by waking us up via me ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Real life creepy question

Alright, so this morning I scared the shit out of myself, and my fiance by waking us up via me Hyperventilating.It all had to do with a dream I had. I'll tell it to you in the most detailed and vivid way, because that's how I can still remember it.

Everything was black, total dark. Blackness all around me. I hear a child screaming. A young boy no older than 7, no younger than six. He's screaming for his mother "Mommy!" and crying like he's being tortured. I can't see this boy, I can't see anything but black. All of a sudden a door fades out of the black. A simple, brown wooden door. Also the faint sound of trickling water from a shower fades in. I start to walk to it and notice that's where the kid is screaming from. I try to open it, but it's locked. The kid starts screaming louder, and more frequent. His crying gets heavier. I ask "Are you okay?" and proceed to try to open the door. It won't budge. He continues crying and it's volume keeps increasing. I finally have had enough and I kick the door open. As my foot hits the door, all sound stopped. There is no more crying. There is only the noise of water coming out of a showerhead. The door blasts open and bounces off my washer, with a loud Clang. I notice that this is my bathroom. I look to the shower and see a kid sitting in the fetal position, rocking forward and back, at the far end of it. His back is against the back end of the shower and water is spewing out from the showerhead. He's wearing normal clothing, except he's in the shower. He's staring at the other end of the shower and whimpering. I run over to him and put my arm around him. I turn to look where he is looking and at the other end of the shower, there was another person sitting in the fetal position. With it's arms around the knees. In a white dress or robe. It was all so blurry. As I continue to look at it. My clothes that I am wearing start to get heavy. I notice that they are now soaking wet. There was no water being sprayed on me. They just materialized weight on themselves. It's as if I just jumped into a pool with all my clothing on, and got out. As I try to figure out what is sitting there. It jumps forward, as if it teleported until a few inches from my face. There was a split second from witch I may have gotten a look at it. It had no eyes, there was blackness where they should have been. That's all I could notice. I didn't see any other facial features.

At that point, I woke up to me breathing very rapidly out of the side of my mouth. I was scared shitless. The most scared I've been in my life. I'm trying to figure out what this means.

I do not do drugs. I do not get scared easily.
    Last edited by Matt; 08-20-2012 at 03:07 PM.

@kent

Ryan is offline Ubiquitous

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you familiar with psychic deals ? It sounds stupid I know, but honestly thats how I explain it. With the good comes the evil. You need to be prepared for those type of situations as normally they are your subconscious attacking itself from to much stress (at least thats what I believe.) If it actually turns into real life stuff (like hallucinating the figures when you are awake) then I would take it a little more seriously, as that is a huge sign of a mental disorder. At least it was just a dream though ... when you have something like a nightmare you will wake up and tell yourself it was only a dream =)

Did you wake up with your body feeling tingly ??

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:

Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I woke up breathing rapidly and in shock I guess.

@kent

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could have been in an astral realm ? I know if you would have woken up if one of them touched you; you would have false awaken (usually ends up meaning you wake up, get up, look behind you and see your body laying in bed) AKA out of body experiance .. it might be scary to deal with those type of dread feelings but if you remain calm you can control what the dreams actually turn out to be.

Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm trying to figure out the deeper meaning to the dream. Like if it has anything to do with my life.

@kent

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Were you ever upset growing up ? Like I mean did you go through emotion pain when you were younger ?

Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

mr_ice is offline ch4s with <3

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry to say Matt but this is an example of a deep fear that has either happened to you once when you were a kid and was blocked by you or that you witnessed.

Now what it could be is up to discussion since I don't really know you but it's certain that it has something to do with a figure of protection and help that didn't do it's duty when it was supposed to. Now if you are represented by that boy it's someone close to you but if that boy is someone that you helped bec of that person and brought yourself in a primal state of mind (fight or run).

It could mean that the current stress is getting to you or you recently had something remind your subconscious of that event, be it a movie, a picture or sound.

But then again it could just be the stress from the wedding since you mentioned your fiance. Now like I sad I can't say anything in depth then the usual stuff since I don't know you personally. But like Ryan said dreams can really help you if you learn how to read and listen to your subconscious.

Also the weight of the water on you could be the burden of the upcoming marriage, you worrying how your going to provide for your family etc. but like I said it can be a lot of things it all depends on the person.

Also Ryan the thing you mentioned seeing the figures from your dreams that is something similar like when you watch a horror movie that deeply disturbed you your mind goes in a mental state as does your subconscious. You are frightful because fear is what keeps you alive it keeps you on an edge, similar like an adrenalin rush. And the nightmares are well ofc you don't want to get killed in your sleep

You know the saying sleep with one eye open., think of it as your subconscious being that one eye.
    There are ways to train yourself to use that state to its best just like you can effectively use the adrenalin rush so can you use this.

I hope this helped a bit and you learned something new and interesting. This is mostly from my own experience.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mr_ice For This Useful Post:

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The part about the protective area seems to make more sense then my thoughts on the subject...

Matt, do you see a psychiatrist or counsiler ?

Smoogel is offline Premium Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something you could have done recently could of provoked an old memory, or a fear of something in a particular situation. Fear of loosing something as the boy was shouting "mommy" could be something. The rest of the story does also indicate something like this too. "no facial features", "sound stopped", "no eyes", "blurry" all relate to something 'missing'.

I doubt the dream had any real meaning. It could have been caused by stress even. Stress and anxiety can affect dreams to a large extent. Dreams affected by these can seem wild, 'messed up' and simply bad. I guess the easiest thing to describe it is as being "all over the place". Have you been under any stress lately? A lot of work or worrying? Any conflicts with those you loved? Any symptoms of anxiety? (such as peeing often for no reason, feeling sick when out and about, high amounts of unnecessary worrying)

If this is the first time, don't worry at all. Continue to do what you do normally and see if it happens several more times in a row. If so, it's something related to your life.

There are simply so many things that could have caused it, even if you are unaware of it

I studied these sort of things in physiology class.

Just a note: Don't worry about it. It's just a dream, a vision of the mind. If you worry about it too much you may trigger something similar.
    Last edited by Smoogel; 08-20-2012 at 07:23 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Smoogel For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast