Anyone know how to send a cease and desist?

This is a discussion on Anyone know how to send a cease and desist? within the General Chat board part of the General category; As (clearly) stated in the terms of use of my hack; "You may not, except with my express written permission ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    AbrasiveZealot's Avatar
    AbrasiveZealot is offline Master Hacker

    Array
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    ctf_2fort
    Posts
    678
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    8
    Reputation
    542

    Anyone know how to send a cease and desist?

    As (clearly) stated in the terms of use of my hack; "You may not, except with my express written permission distribute, DISPLAY or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system."



    and yet yesterday someone decided to post it on another site
    [Release] [UNDETECTED] Jamesc00ls0x's CS:GO Mathack

    Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with this.
    Last edited by AbrasiveZealot; 10-02-2012 at 04:27 AM.
    Click for cookies.

  2. #2
    h4344's Avatar
    h4344 is offline Banzai!


    Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Localhost
    Posts
    1,130
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    10
    Reputation
    843
    Im not sure about a "Cease and Desist" but i would contact the site admins and let them know about the situation.

  3. #3
    AbrasiveZealot's Avatar
    AbrasiveZealot is offline Master Hacker

    Array
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    ctf_2fort
    Posts
    678
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    8
    Reputation
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by h4344 View Post
    Im not sure about a "Cease and Desist" but i would contact the site admins and let them know about the situation.
    I sent out a few pm's, just thought I might want to make a draft if it ends up going further, or in case it happens again.
    Click for cookies.

  4. #4
    h4344's Avatar
    h4344 is offline Banzai!


    Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Localhost
    Posts
    1,130
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    10
    Reputation
    843
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesc00ls0x View Post
    I sent out a few pm's, just thought I might want to make a draft if it ends up going further, or in case it happens again.
    I would add a small text spot on your hack saying where the legit post and/or site is so this cant happen again.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to h4344 For This Useful Post:


  6. #5
    AbrasiveZealot's Avatar
    AbrasiveZealot is offline Master Hacker

    Array
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    ctf_2fort
    Posts
    678
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    8
    Reputation
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by h4344 View Post
    I would add a small text spot on your hack saying where the legit post and/or site is so this cant happen again.
    Good idea.
    Click for cookies.

  7. #6
    Safou's Avatar
    Safou is offline '-'



    Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The Big Apple
    Posts
    2,508
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    9
    Reputation
    713
    People also do it here. You can find literally the SAME hack from a different website copied and pasted here lol. It just sucks when a D3scene member gets it happened to them though. h4344 has a really good idea though and I would probably use it.

  8. #7
    AbrasiveZealot's Avatar
    AbrasiveZealot is offline Master Hacker

    Array
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    ctf_2fort
    Posts
    678
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    8
    Reputation
    542
    I've already modified the post, changing the .zip archive now.

    Also, this is what i sent to the site admins:
    Code:
    Recently one of my hacks was posted on this site, violating it's TOS.
    
    It clearly states: "You may not, except with my express written  permission distribute,  DISPLAY or commercially exploit the content. Nor  may you transmit it or  store it in any other website or other form of  electronic retrieval  system."
    
    This is a clear violation as the only site currently allowed to  display/host this content is D3scene.com. I respectfully ask that these  be removed lest further legal action must be taken.
    
    This is a link to the original thread, where you may read the full TOS:
    http://www.d3scene.com/forum/counter...o-mathack.html
    
    These are links to the violating thread/download that i found:
    http://www.unknowncheats.me/forum/co...o-mathack.html
    http://www.unknowncheats.me/download...o=file&id=7830
    EDIT:: The TOS in both the original posting, and the archive has been modified to include:
    "The ONLY site that is currently allowed to display and/or host this content is D3scene.com. If found elsewhere proper legal action will be taken."

    Thanks for the tips.
    Last edited by AbrasiveZealot; 10-02-2012 at 05:02 AM.
    Click for cookies.

  9. #8
    h4344's Avatar
    h4344 is offline Banzai!


    Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Localhost
    Posts
    1,130
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    10
    Reputation
    843
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesc00ls0x View Post
    I've already modified the post, changing the .zip archive now.

    Also, this is what i sent to the site admins:
    Code:
    Recently one of my hacks was posted on this site, violating it's TOS.
    
    It clearly states: "You may not, except with my express written  permission distribute,  DISPLAY or commercially exploit the content. Nor  may you transmit it or  store it in any other website or other form of  electronic retrieval  system."
    
    This is a clear violation as the only site currently allowed to  display/host this content is D3scene.com. I respectfully ask that these  be removed lest further legal action must be taken.
    
    This is a link to the original thread, where you may read the full TOS:
    http://www.d3scene.com/forum/counter...o-mathack.html
    
    These are links to the violating thread/download that i found:
    [Release] [UNDETECTED] Jamesc00ls0x's CS:GO Mathack
    UC Downloads - Multiplayer Game Hacks and Cheat Downloads - Jamesc00ls0x's CS:GO Mathack
    EDIT:: The TOS in both the original posting, and the archive has been modified to include:
    "The ONLY site that is currently allowed to display and/or host this content is D3scene.com. If found elsewhere proper legal action will be taken."

    Thanks for the tips.
    There you go, if the admins take this kinda stuff seriously i would imagine that would fix the problem. Also nice hack, wish i was able to pump out something that good

  10. #9
    AbrasiveZealot's Avatar
    AbrasiveZealot is offline Master Hacker

    Array
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    ctf_2fort
    Posts
    678
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    8
    Reputation
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by h4344 View Post
    There you go, if the admins take this kinda stuff seriously i would imagine that would fix the problem. Also nice hack, wish i was able to pump out something that good
    Thanks, it's really not all that hard though. The source engine is literally made to be easy to mod, and there are tons of great resources that explain almost everything you need to know. Maybe I'll make a little tutorial sometime.
    Click for cookies.

  11. #10
    Ryan's Avatar
    Ryan is offline Ubiquitous


    Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,966
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    26
    Reputation
    2758
    If anything I would think of it as a compliment ? Its getting your hacks more active, right ?


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Warning] QAZZY - Stopping Development (cease and desist)
    By Qazzy in forum Starcraft 2 Bots
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-05-2012, 03:47 AM
  2. [Warning] QAZZY - Stopping Development (cease and desist)
    By Qazzy in forum Starcraft 2 Hacks
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 01-30-2012, 01:50 PM
  3. Send me your viruses!
    By Smoogel in forum Development
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-03-2012, 04:01 AM
  4. plzz send me bot for MU ph
    By abdulasaki in forum Mu Hacks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-15-2011, 03:58 PM
  5. Cease Mhing
    By JadedRain in forum Warcraft 3 forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 06-28-2007, 06:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •