View Poll Results: Should gay couples be allowed to marry?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 48.98%
  • No

25 51.02%

Gay Marriage(US)

This is a discussion on Gay Marriage(US) within the General Chat board part of the General category; Originally Posted by Foxhound Ehhh they act like lesbians.. Or do you think Harry Potter is a True magician and ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    satudarah is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post
    Ehhh they act like lesbians..

Or do you think Harry Potter is a True magician and Hogwarts exists?
    dat fact is awsuum! :-D

Elemnetal420 is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I think Gay Marriage is another persons choices, in the US everyones rights are being tooken away or demolished every single day, one thing after another is being chipped out of our rights and freedom. What happen to "We are the land of the free, and the home of the brave." like honestly the US is obviously not what it use to be, I find that US is doing everything we are against or what we believe in, which has honestly gave me the thought of leaving the US, at the same time I hope for some better changes.

Everyone has the right to be or do whatever they feel, most things anyways. You can respond how you like there is no punt intended in this response, just my opinion and thought I'd share it to you guys

Plutonium239 is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemnetal420 View Post
    like honestly the US is obviously not what it use to be, I find that US is doing everything we are against or what we believe in, which has honestly gave me the thought of leaving the US, at the same time I hope for some better changes.
    Such as?

Ryan is offline Ubiquitous

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The issue with it that it's not natural. Humans are animals and you don't see two male cats enjoying the bliss if sex. In the eyes off he lord, he supposedly created man and woman to reproduce. There is no way to reproduce if there are two of the same gender. It makeshift sense.

Safou is offline '-'

Array
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    The issue with it that it's not natural. Humans are animals and you don't see two male cats enjoying the bliss if sex. In the eyes off he lord, he supposedly created man and woman to reproduce. There is no way to reproduce if there are two of the same gender. It makeshift sense.
    You don't see cats having sex with their off-spring, unlike humans. That is where we have messed up sir...

Now to find a post of late, you have read to start this race!

Plutonium239 is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Do you honestly think that people choose to be in a minority. Also the whole "it's not natural" argument has been debunked many times. Homosexuality occurs in nature all the time, you can see it even in primates. Reproduction is irrelevant in the argument over marriage. Many married couples never have children, some are sterile and some just choose not to. If we used reproduction as a requirement for marriage, should we revoke marriage licences from 50 year olds and up? I am pretty certain that most people 50 years and older do not reproduce(as most women cannot conceive after age 40(they start getting checked at age 36)). Also, religion is not a valid argument in this discussion either.
    1. Marriage is not a religious institution it is one of government and has been around since before religion(it was essentially a property contract, the definition of marriage has changed many times throughout history)
    2. The First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States clearly states that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" This means that the government cannot pass laws based on a religion(thus establishing it) and secondly it cannot pass laws that prohibit the free exercise of religion, which means by passing laws based on one religion you are infringing upon other people's freedom of religion(or freedom from it)
    3. There is also the 14th Amendment to consider. The first clause clearly states that "No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."This means that the government must treat all citizens equally under the law. By not recognizing gay couples and not allowing them to marry, the government is not treating them equally to straight couples.
    4. The 9th Amendment states "The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people." This means that other people are not allowed to infringe upon your rights and it also means that you have rights other than what are listed in the Constitution, such as the right to marry or the right to privacy(see Roe V. Wade for an example of the right to privacy)

​Yeah, Ryan, I just woke up today and I decided that I was going to be Black. Oh wait a second, I am white, I can't just decide to be black. The idea that it is a choice is so ludicrous and irrelevant. Gays do not choose to be gay. Straights do not choose to be straight. Bisexuals do not choose to be bisexual.
    Last edited by Plutonium239; 08-11-2013 at 07:26 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Plutonium239 For This Useful Post:

koshaan is offline /// R3 STAFF
    Array
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let gay men marry gay men because else they marry women because they like the same things which makes us stuck with nothing.
    Oh and also the "motto" of United states is
    FREEDOM MOTHERFUCKER
    so wai cant gay men havew FREEDOM?!

/// R3CHEATS.COM \\\

Sk8terBoi. is offline Advanced Hacker

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly don't care whether it's allowed or not. I'm not religious. I'll never be a priest nor will I ever be gay. I'll probably never even experience a gay marriage.

Mads is offline Formerly Zo8

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by koshaan View Post
    Let gay men marry gay men because else they marry women because they like the same things which makes us stuck with nothing.
    Are you brain damaged? Do you honestly think that gay people will marry women if they're not allowed to marry other men? And that they would do it because "they like the same things"? How retarded do you have to be to think that all gay men like the same things as women when it's so damn far from the truth. The whole "gay men are very feminine and straight men are so macho" is just straight up retarded. Being gay is not a choice, it's a matter of sexual preference that one can not control. My parents are gay, they have always been. They met each other because both of them wanted kids, so they were looking for a way to have them since they couldn't just go have sex like straight people. If you look at any of them, you will have no god damn idea that they are gay, because in my country, nobody cares about your sexual preference. And that's the way it should be everywhere.

mr_ice is offline ch4s with <3

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safou View Post
    You don't see cats having sex with their off-spring, unlike humans. That is where we have messed up sir...
    Cats no, but dogs yes.
    Dogs are much more friendlier, they will even sometimes try to hump your leg.

Cats act too aristocratic to enjoy life to it's fullest.
    Last edited by mr_ice; 05-09-2013 at 02:18 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast