View Poll Results: What do you think?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd definitely buy it

    1 3.23%
  • I'd consider buying it

    4 12.90%
  • It's nice, but I wouldn't buy it

    4 12.90%
  • It needs some work (elaborate with a comment please)

    16 51.61%
  • I would never donate money towards D3Scene and should just leave this site forever

    6 19.35%

New D3Scene T-shirt Design Opinions

This is a discussion on New D3Scene T-shirt Design Opinions within the General Chat board part of the General category; I know Matt...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    Zbon141's Avatar
    Zbon141 is offline Ex-Staff


    Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    922
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6
    Reputation
    287
    I know Matt





  2. #12
    Plutonium239's Avatar
    Plutonium239 is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    317
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    5
    Reputation
    132
    I voted "It's nice but I wouldn't buy it" because I don't have money to spend on such expensive shirts like the ones that were sold from d3scene earlier, I just can't pay that much for a shirt.
    1: I don't have the extra money to do it.
    2: I am opposed to spending more than I need to for just about anything(which is why I don't buy apple computers because they so overcharge its ridiculous and there are many things that windows can do that apple cannot, I won't pay more for less, in many instances you will see that a mac has to emulate windows for many things but I have not once come across a situation in which a windows pc had to emulate a mac).

  3. #13
    Flash's Avatar
    Flash is offline Premium Member

    Array
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,578
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    9
    Reputation
    832
    Quote Originally Posted by Plutonium239 View Post
    I voted "It's nice but I wouldn't buy it" because I don't have money to spend on such expensive shirts like the ones that were sold from d3scene earlier, I just can't pay that much for a shirt.
    1: I don't have the extra money to do it.
    2: I am opposed to spending more than I need to for just about anything(which is why I don't buy apple computers because they so overcharge its ridiculous and there are many things that windows can do that apple cannot, I won't pay more for less, in many instances you will see that a mac has to emulate windows for many things but I have not once come across a situation in which a windows pc had to emulate a mac).
    I do agree. The prices on the shirts are a bit too expensive for me. I always say I'll buy one when I get the money but my wallet says otherwise.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Useful Post:


  5. #14
    iSpectruM's Avatar
    iSpectruM is offline Addict
    Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    4
    Reputation
    4
    It really needs some extra work, on top of all that I don't have so much money to spend on a T-Shirt.

  6. #15
    Jussp's Avatar
    Jussp is offline Gangster Mod


    Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    668
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    9
    Reputation
    489
    The gfx on the t-shirt has too sharp edges for my taste.

    Also I get a feeling that the t-shirt is made for a heavy metal fan but why I cant really explain.


  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jussp For This Useful Post:


  8. #16
    snickii is offline Banned User Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    619
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Reputation
    173
    Not good at all.
    The current Tshirts at the d3shop are so nice, but I can't buy them, because there are all to big.
    There is no S or M in that bright blue.

  9. #17
    Zbon141's Avatar
    Zbon141 is offline Ex-Staff


    Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    922
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6
    Reputation
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by <GM>Bumblebee View Post
    I'm about to be an uber critic right now but try not to take too much offense from this....

    1. Its a Rectangle with CLEAR picture borders.... make it blend with the shirt not just go on it...
    2. Please work on your text......
    3. D3scene is not only Diablo... You got a good render and it looks damn nice on black but please make it more generic?
    4. Putting a render inside that circle of fire (which is killer sick tba) was a good move but the background does not fit with it very well not to mention that it sticks out because of the boarders

    To make it better I'd suggest:
    1. Keep using the render inside the flaming circle that looks good... but make it something more generic instead of diablo themed?
    2. Remove that background!
    3. Use a different font and work on the positioning from far away the render goes over the text and makes it look like D3scene.con xD
    4. make all of the black transparent.... on any shirt color other then black the entire design becomes wrecked xD
    Okay, I'll break down my response to this according to your numbers

    1. After roughly six people have had problems with the rectangle, yes, I'll remove it and blend it.
    2. The background was included with the fire circle unfortunately, but I can remove it.
    3. I tried using some of the font extensions with PS but I have a torrented version of it and they won't work at all (doesn't give me an option to use them). Also, Diablo was supposed to be slightly over the text as if it was reaching out of the fire circle/the shirt. Apparently that's a no no (I did try to make the text easy to read, the "M" was hopeless though).
    4. I honestly didn't think about that until after I posted this, but the damage was already done.

    And going up to your first #3, like Matt said, I used Diablo because it is indirectly D3Scene's logo (besides the actual D3Scene name itself). I understand completely when you say it suggests that we're only Diablo, so what would you suggest as being more generic?


    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I have to agree with bee on this. It's a nice effort bro, but it's a box. I'm not too fond of the brush in the background either. Brushes and c4ds are overrated. You could find a sweet flame stock on google or deviantart that you could have blended in. I get why you put the diablo guy in the middle, thats because its on D3's main logo at the top.

    Overall A+ for effort but a C on a GFX scale.

    Take what I say as constructive criticism. If you want any tips or pointers, or wanna learn some shit, just PM me bro
    Like I said above, the background was included with the fire circle, so I'll have to remove it or find a different fire circle.

    Quote Originally Posted by Safou View Post
    I can't really see the M in .com
    Also maybe the username/member name should be on the back, like what they do in tournies, they have the team members name on the back
    Edit: Also if you remove the rectangle and make the flame circle more bigger it would look probably better and maybe look like it blends with the shirt
    The "M" was really annoying to be honest, I tried making it so Diablo was reaching out of the shirt and his stupid finger covered it up just enough. The location of the username/member name was the least of my design concern, I just threw it on there so people could get an idea. I'll make a couple versions of a new design (with no rectangle and at least one with a bigger flaming circle), and I'll move the username/member name around to multiple places (including your idea).

    Quote Originally Posted by Plutonium239 View Post
    I voted "It's nice but I wouldn't buy it" because I don't have money to spend on such expensive shirts like the ones that were sold from d3scene earlier, I just can't pay that much for a shirt.
    1: I don't have the extra money to do it.
    2: I am opposed to spending more than I need to for just about anything(which is why I don't buy apple computers because they so overcharge its ridiculous and there are many things that windows can do that apple cannot, I won't pay more for less, in many instances you will see that a mac has to emulate windows for many things but I have not once come across a situation in which a windows pc had to emulate a mac).
    Unfortunately, I don't think you can change the price of the shirt when using the Spread Shirt website that current shirts are on. They basically price it based off of how many pictures and how much text you place on it. That's part of the reason why I was trying to include the "D3Scene.com" in the picture so that it would be cheaper.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jussp View Post
    The gfx on the t-shirt has too sharp edges for my taste.

    Also I get a feeling that the t-shirt is made for a heavy metal fan but why I cant really explain.
    I'll remove the rectangle border and make it blend better. And the only reason I can think of that you'd get that feeling is because now that I look at it, Diablo is sort of holding the D3Scene.com logo like a guitar...and there's fire?

    Quote Originally Posted by snickii View Post
    Not good at all.
    Can you elaborate on that?




  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zbon141 For This Useful Post:


  11. #18
    snickii is offline Banned User Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    619
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Reputation
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by Zbon141 View Post
    Can you elaborate on that?
    I don't like that flames, and it looks like a bad photoshop picture.
    Choose another color than black and you know what I mean.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to snickii For This Useful Post:


  13. #19
    iSpectruM's Avatar
    iSpectruM is offline Addict
    Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    4
    Reputation
    4
    Some opacity on the edges would make it better, and colors should be modified (don't know why but it just doesn't fit)

  14. #20
    Zbon141's Avatar
    Zbon141 is offline Ex-Staff


    Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    922
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6
    Reputation
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by iSpectruM View Post
    Some opacity on the edges would make it better, and colors should be modified (don't know why but it just doesn't fit)
    Any suggestions for colors?




Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Logo] Background Needed for a T-shirt Design!
    By Zbon141 in forum Request a Designer
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-09-2013, 10:55 PM
  2. [VOTING] T-Shirt design contest
    By Tracky in forum Rules/Announcements
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-27-2011, 02:05 PM
  3. Design a SHIRT
    By Tracky in forum Rules/Announcements
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 01-10-2011, 06:56 PM
  4. My own D3Scene shirt!
    By Mike in forum General Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-01-2010, 06:44 AM
  5. Somebody hlp me on design a T-shirt for chess club
    By DevilMayLaughXD in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-30-2010, 11:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •