Have you ever played DOTA2 ?

This is a discussion on Have you ever played DOTA2 ? within the General Chat board part of the General category; I been playing league now for i guess 2 years. I will vouch and say the community has a good ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Safou is offline '-'

Array
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I been playing league now for i guess 2 years.
    I will vouch and say the community has a good amount of trolls/afks/assholes lol.
    Tribunal/Honor sort of got rid of some, but they still exist out there sadly ;/. Feed in ranked cuz simply outplayed, atleast 1/4 players will call you scrub and shit. =/

Now to find a post of late, you have read to start this race!

Phoenix is offline Premium Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just hate those threads where people comapre those 2 games..but anyway..

After playing 6 years of Dota and 1 and half year of Dota 2 what should I say..

Try games get into it and see by yourself what is better.

Before 4 days was Dota 2 International tournament too bad if you missed,over 1 milion people was watching and you could get into game.
    Anyway check vods,final game 5 Alliance vs NaVi was amazing you should check that one for sure.

Never played LoL so like I already told you it is best that you try both games and then decide what you like and what is "best" for you.

Safou is offline '-'

Array
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by glodar View Post
    Just hate those threads where people comapre those 2 games..but anyway..

After playing 6 years of Dota and 1 and half year of Dota 2 what should I say..

Try games get into it and see by yourself what is better.

Before 4 days was Dota 2 International tournament too bad if you missed,over 1 milion people was watching and you could get into game.
    Anyway check vods,final game 5 Alliance vs NaVi was amazing you should check that one for sure.

Never played LoL so like I already told you it is best that you try both games and then decide what you like and what is "best" for you.
    I don't think they reached 1mil. Pretty sure dota was around 500k-650k :p

Now to find a post of late, you have read to start this race!

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safou View Post
    I don't think they reached 1mil. Pretty sure dota was around 500k-650k :p
    The International hits 1 million concurrent viewers - GameSpot.com

It was even more but like article say It does not include viewers who watched through international broadcasts or other means.

500+ was just just twitch http://i.imgur.com/Pm47ede.jpg.

It was amazing tournament with prize pool of 2.874.407 $ everyone intrested in Dota should check vods at least from final games.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Safou View Post
    Found map scrolling a little tough, I am more used to map scrolling my moving my mouse around the screen like LoL.
    Also that works just you need to enable that in options. Dota also have now and smartcast for people whos switching from LOL but everything need to be enabled in options to work.
    I also using my mouse to move on edges of my screen thats how I played Dota 1 for 6 years and I'm not sure why Valve didn't make this to be default (it was deafult but they change it for some reason) I feel bad for newcomers if they play with mouse scroll or even some of them with wasd on keyboard...
    It should be always mouse edge moveing no matter how hard is for new players thats the best way of playing and give you best map awareness and movement // reaction time.
    Last edited by Phoenix; 08-15-2013 at 12:43 PM.

Mads is offline Formerly Zo8

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Self proclaimed HoN fanboy here. I've played all of the games, but I have always preferred HoN in terms of the actual gameplay (that is, when a match starts until a match ends I've always found HoN superior). However the popularity, competitive scene and trolls/griefers are pretty sad compared to the other games. The tournaments, prizepools and maturity of the competitors are on such a low level that can be very off-putting for many players. Perhaps the reason I still play HoN is because it was the first game I actually played seriously, and now that I've been playing since beta I have a pretty good skill level, making me enjoy the game a lot more than players who have played a low amount of games. I can still play a few Dota2 or LoL games every once in a while, and I truly admire the amount of tournaments in both games, though I only really follow the competitive Dota2 scene.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mads View Post
    Self proclaimed HoN fanboy here. I've played all of the games, but I have always preferred HoN in terms of the actual gameplay (that is, when a match starts until a match ends I've always found HoN superior). However the popularity, competitive scene and trolls/griefers are pretty sad compared to the other games. The tournaments, prizepools and maturity of the competitors are on such a low level that can be very off-putting for many players. Perhaps the reason I still play HoN is because it was the first game I actually played seriously, and now that I've been playing since beta I have a pretty good skill level, making me enjoy the game a lot more than players who have played a low amount of games. I can still play a few Dota2 or LoL games every once in a while, and I truly admire the amount of tournaments in both games, though I only really follow the competitive Dota2 scene.
    Ye and probably coz of popularity and timeing for International 4 number 1 rank player HoN Kookiez switched yestrday to Dota and also Moonmeander switched to Dota,guess they wanna try to get lvl of play to be able to fight for International 4 next year.
    Fnatic ex hon team finished in place 7/8 this year and got 42 k $ and they switched to Dota before around 1 and half year so I guess if Kookiez start practice a lot with his team he can could do same.

VowOFSilencE is offline Banned User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My laptop is shit, will shutdown after 10 minutes of gameplay of DOta, never played lol though, the only games it can run is probs Warcraft 3!

Darchrow is offline Life's good.

Array
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It says LoL is for the people who can't play DotA or who are too bad for DotA. I can't confirm that, because I've played like two LoL matches and uninstalled it directly after them. I've played DotA 1 for a long time so I'm pretty much used to it.

I'll never try LoL again, doesn't like it. HoN is okay and I'm quite sure that I would get used to it if I would play it regularly. DotA 2 is very good for those wo have a team and have the option to play an inhouse match or at least on a more professional level than all those public games. It's just devastating to get into a game with 4 russians and play vs 5 premades on public games ...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Darchrow For This Useful Post:

Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Add me on steam

D3matt (The one with the 8bit avatar)

and we can play some games!

@kent

faffywaffy is offline Wannabe Member

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Woah, you got the wrong idea dude. They don't troll you in LoL at all. They are actually quite nice. They give advice and if there happens to be a rare asshole, they defend you by saying you're still learning. In DotA, you have to play DotACash. Unless you're purposely not communicating with your team, they kick you.
    I've boosted my friend from bronze to diamond for free and while the game Is fun and easy, the community is not, I prefer dota 2 community over league, but both games are really fun. Thank god for turn off cross-team chat for league <3.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast