Have you ever played DOTA2 ?

This is a discussion on Have you ever played DOTA2 ? within the General Chat board part of the General category; Dota 2 vs LoL, which is better? i think It's more difficult to control Dota2 than LoL. what do you ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    byseven is offline Newbie

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you ever played DOTA2 ?

Dota 2 vs LoL, which is better?

i think It's more difficult to control Dota2 than LoL.
    what do you think?

owl1337 is offline magic key

Array
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    never played any of that games, lol

Flash is offline Premium Member

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate DotA 2 to be honest.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Useful Post:

Safou is offline '-'

Array
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I played both.
    I prefer LoL
    Found map scrolling a little tough, I am more used to map scrolling my moving my mouse around the screen like LoL.

Now to find a post of late, you have read to start this race!

Plutonium239 is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I have not tried it because I assume it will be as bad as LoL and DotA. The community for both games is absolutely terrible. Full of trolls and people who want to kill you for being a newb. In DotA you get kicked for being a newb. Sometimes I join DotA games just to mess them up by trading resources to one person and then leaving. Got to love those maphacks.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Plutonium239 For This Useful Post:

Flash is offline Premium Member

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plutonium239 View Post
    No, I have not tried it because I assume it will be as bad as LoL and DotA. The community for both games is absolutely terrible. Full of trolls and people who want to kill you for being a newb. In DotA you get kicked for being a newb. Sometimes I join DotA games just to mess them up by trading resources to one person and then leaving. Got to love those maphacks.
    Woah, you got the wrong idea dude. They don't troll you in LoL at all. They are actually quite nice. They give advice and if there happens to be a rare asshole, they defend you by saying you're still learning. In DotA, you have to play DotACash. Unless you're purposely not communicating with your team, they kick you.

Plutonium239 is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Woah, you got the wrong idea dude. They don't troll you in LoL at all. They are actually quite nice. They give advice and if there happens to be a rare asshole, they defend you by saying you're still learning. In DotA, you have to play DotACash. Unless you're purposely not communicating with your team, they kick you.
    No, I gave LoL a try and I played 10 games, I was trolled each time and complained at for being a newb. They didn't give any advise at all. In DotA, they kick you if you die within the first 5 minutes even if they is absolutely nothing you could have done to escape due to the other team ambushing you. If I ask for help in dota all they do is complain about me being a "noob". You may have had nice experiences but I have not. I deplore the DotA community as well as the LoL community. There is no reason why the DotA 2 community would be any better.

Kidades is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been playing dota 2 since early beta. There are still the same problems now as there were more than 2 years ago.

- Terrible community. Lots of non-english speakers, trolls, flamers etc. and I do mean lots.
    - Terrible matchmaking (forces 50% win rate)
    - Terrible report system (fully automatic and punishments are retarded)
    - No ladder. You can't see ANY stats about a player. You can't see other players' amount of games played or win rate.
    - Very long wait times to find a match and the logon servers often go offline for short periods of time.
    - Game is still full of bugs even though it's not in beta anymore.

Either play with 4 friends at all times or don't play at all. Because if you play by yourself, you will just get mad after a match and not have fun because matches are too predetermined.
    Or if you must play solo, than play on some league like ixdl or n-gage.

As for LoL vs DotA, I always preferred Dota over LoL because of the gameplay. However, LoL has none of the problems I mentioned and the community is definitely better than in DotA, at least from my experience.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kidades For This Useful Post:

Darchrow is offline Life's good.

Array
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidades View Post
    Been playing dota 2 since early beta. There are still the same problems now as there were more than 2 years ago.

- Terrible community. Lots of non-english speakers, trolls, flamers etc. and I do mean lots.
    - Terrible matchmaking (forces 50% win rate)
    - Terrible report system (fully automatic and punishments are retarded)
    - No ladder. You can't see ANY stats about a player. You can't see other players' amount of games played or win rate.
    - Very long wait times to find a match and the logon servers often go offline for short periods of time.
    - Game is still full of bugs even though it's not in beta anymore.

Either play with 4 friends at all times or don't play at all. Because if you play by yourself, you will just get mad after a match and not have fun because matches are too predetermined.
    Or if you must play solo, than play on some league like ixdl or n-gage.

As for LoL vs DotA, I always preferred Dota over LoL because of the gameplay. However, LoL has none of the problems I mentioned and the community is definitely better than in DotA, at least from my experience.
    I've joined a team some days ago to avoid public matchmaking. I agree with you, the community is even worse than CS:S, it's not only DotA 2 by itself. Of course the game has its problems and bugs but the most annoying things are the trolls, flamer and leaver (griefer).
    I have to say that DotA 2 makes a lot of fun if you play some inhouse games 5vs5 within your team or a match team vs team instead of public matchmaking.

snickii is offline Banned User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I played one match, but that game sucks.
    LoL is better

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast