Any tips to start coding ?

This is a discussion on Any tips to start coding ? within the General Chat board part of the General category; Make sure you don't just use tutorials / books which are explaining the basics and not more, because that'll make ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    brinkz is offline Advanced Hacker

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure you don't just use tutorials / books which are explaining the basics and not more, because that'll make your way harder.
    Having a good knowledge about C++ and specially the WinApi is neccessary so that you understand everything better.
    Also directly starting with hacking is also the wrong way, I (sadly) see many people trying to make Hacks with just very basic knowledge and asking for every shit.
    Also, even if it may be harder, try to not asking much questions which you could find out yourself to others. Especially when talking about Hacks, the best way to achieve something is to do it your own and not finding a mentor who explains everything to you. Of course, if you don't really know whats wrong or how to do something, you can ask, but always, and I mean really always, try to do it yourself first.
    Just some tips from my side

2. The Following User Says Thank You to brinkz For This Useful Post:

gneral is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brinkz View Post
    Make sure you don't just use tutorials / books which are explaining the basics and not more, because that'll make your way harder.
    Having a good knowledge about C++ and specially the WinApi is neccessary so that you understand everything better.
    Also directly starting with hacking is also the wrong way, I (sadly) see many people trying to make Hacks with just very basic knowledge and asking for every shit.
    Also, even if it may be harder, try to not asking much questions which you could find out yourself to others. Especially when talking about Hacks, the best way to achieve something is to do it your own and not finding a mentor who explains everything to you. Of course, if you don't really know whats wrong or how to do something, you can ask, but always, and I mean really always, try to do it yourself first.
    Just some tips from my side
    Dude awesome tips, i think personally i should avoid google because of copy paste
    Il try to find my way into coding

Beaving is offline Терпение, мой друг

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go for C and then for C++.

Learn it the way you think you learn it best and have most fun. I personally just wanted to create cheats and learned programming with that. Copy and paste as much as you want as long as you have fun and it works as you intended. Many people say this is the wrong way, but I still managed to learn from it. It just took a bit time and wasn't painfully at all

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Beaving For This Useful Post:

h4344 is offline Banzai!

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To reword what everyone is saying, you will learn much much more by coding small random programs that challenge you to learn new things rather than trying to jump straight into hacks. I for example started with little math equations and worked up.

Even if you think you will never use something you are sure to at the very least see it in use by other programmers at one point or another.

Also focus on "Pointers". They are a bitch for me personally but they are one of the first things you learn in not only C++ but hacking.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to h4344 For This Useful Post:

gneral is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by h4344 View Post
    To reword what everyone is saying, you will learn much much more by coding small random programs that challenge you to learn new things rather than trying to jump straight into hacks. I for example started with little math equations and worked up.

Even if you think you will never use something you are sure to at the very least see it in use by other programmers at one point or another.

Also focus on "Pointers". They are a bitch for me personally but they are one of the first things you learn in not only C++ but hacking.
    Wow thanks, im happy i did my first program and everyone knows what is it x)
    HERE I COME PENTAGON, HERE I COME !

koshaan is offline /// R3 STAFF
    Array
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont code just for hacks. Thats not even fun.

/// R3CHEATS.COM \\\

gneral is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by koshaan View Post
    Dont code just for hacks. Thats not even fun.
    I wont, but i will code some hacks in future probably.
    But its not the main thing i aim for.

brinkz is offline Advanced Hacker

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaving View Post
    Go for C and then for C++.

Learn it the way you think you learn it best and have most fun. I personally just wanted to create cheats and learned programming with that. Copy and paste as much as you want as long as you have fun and it works as you intended. Many people say this is the wrong way, but I still managed to learn from it. It just took a bit time and wasn't painfully at all
    The disadvantages in my opinion:
    a) You may not understand your own Code, not able to do something like that yourself.
    b) It will take make time for things to understand if you don't know them before doing them.
    c) You may take over bad habits from the code you c&p'ed, like I always see the same bases in external hacks for CSS, ALWAYS.
    d) If you are doing new things which aren't copy & paste able, you are more likely to fail, if you just c&p'ed every code before
    e) You can't say "my code" because it is basically not yours and belongs someone else

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brinkz For This Useful Post:

Rizla is offline Banned User Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tutorials are there for you to study, it's not just reading once and coding. It will be a painful, constant studying. But that's one thing. The best way is to register in every single forum out there that includes coding cheats etc, then use Google or search function in those forums. You will be amazed by what people leave behind since 2007, regarding coding cheats. Sources, parts, explanations, you name it. D3scene is actually one of those forums that if you search well, you will find a decent amount of stuff.

SomeSc2Guy is offline Premium Member

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brinkz View Post
    The disadvantages in my opinion:
    a) You may not understand your own Code, not able to do something like that yourself.
    b) It will take make time for things to understand if you don't know them before doing them.
    c) You may take over bad habits from the code you c&p'ed, like I always see the same bases in external hacks for CSS, ALWAYS.
    d) If you are doing new things which aren't copy & paste able, you are more likely to fail, if you just c&p'ed every code before
    e) You can't say "my code" because it is basically not yours and belongs someone else
    This only counts for the beginning. By playing with the code you learn everything you need to create your own programs later. At least that was my experience. Of course reading some articles here and there that interest you is a must tho.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast