[HELP] Student life in Denmark

This is a discussion on [HELP] Student life in Denmark within the General Chat board part of the General category; So basically there was a huge conference for studying abroad in my town and what got me interested was Denmark. ...

mr_ice is offline ch4s with <3

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question [HELP] Student life in Denmark

So basically there was a huge conference for studying abroad in my town and what got me interested was Denmark.
    Specifically this program and college: - IBA International Business Academy

What I'm interested is if anyone is studying there or living in that town that can tell me the real situation.
    I want to know basic costs of living and such stuff, also what the minimum wage as a waiter and such occupations and are there jobs for students to work while they study.

I'm also interested in how hard is it to find a living place, it doesn't have to big or anything just close or moderately close.

Also what is the price of food, books and stuff like that?

And just to tell you I'm not looking for anything fancy since I'm used to hard living, I currently sleep in a room that is 4mX3m and I share it with my whole family (5 of us). So as long as I can lay down and there is a toilet to use/shower I'm pretty much set.

Also what are the laws for making open grills or cooking in the open?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Mads is offline Formerly Zo8

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't live in that particular city or know anything in particular about that specific programme or university, but I do know about the general costs although they vary a lot and may be slightly different in that part of the country since I live in Copenhagen which is more expensive but I'll try to give some insight anyway.

There is no set minimum wage, it's negotiated between the employer and the union that they cooperate with. My estimate would be around 17-20$ per hour for absolute minimum wage. Food is varies a lot, but junk food is probably somewhere between 5-15$ for a meal (like a wrap with meat, a sandwich or a standard McDonalds meal would be somewhere in there). If you cook yourself, as long as you're not planning to make gourmet food or whatever, it shouldn't be all that expensive.

I'm not particularly familiar with the job situation over there, so I don't really know if you'd be able to get one, but I know that all Danish students over 18 years receive a set amount of money each month depending on the income of their parents (though I have NO IDEA if this applies to people without Danish citizenship, but I'd imagine that it doesn't). Most schools provide the books for their students (at least at a high school level where I'm currently at, though I don't know if that applies to universities). If you had to pay for books yourself, it could be anything from 200-500$ I guess. I'm sorry I don't have the exact information but that's a general estimate I'd make.

If you just need a place to sleep, you could probably get a really cheap place meant for students that should be around 200-300$ per month (again I'm not sure if this only applies for danish students) but a standard apartment will probably be around 500-800$+ per month (depending on location). I really can't tell you how easy it is to get a place to live though, but it seems like quite a few people are selling 1-room apartments (just did a quick Google search)

To my knowledge there are no laws regarding open grills or cooking in the open as long as you're not cooking for 50 people every day. Personal use and a party once in a while should be absolutely no problem as far as I can tell.

I hope that provides some knowledge at least, and I apologize that I can't be more specific but I dont live in Kolding and am unsure how different it is from the conditions in Copenhagen.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mads For This Useful Post:

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thx now I at least have some kind of clue.

It would be great if I could find someone who is from there, maybe I can check reddit out and see.

Safou is offline '-'

Array
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Honestly if you got $$ to study abroad I would def take the opportunity since it won't come up again probably. I wish I could study abroad somewhere but idk . Copenhagen would be cool to see imo.

Now to find a post of late, you have read to start this race!

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safou View Post
    Honestly if you got $$ to study abroad I would def take the opportunity since it won't come up again probably. I wish I could study abroad somewhere but idk . Copenhagen would be cool to see imo.
    I don't have the $$ it's just that I don't need much.
    Hell if they had homeless shelters with a locker I would go there this instant.

I want to make it in life and I don't need much, I just want to study what I like and here I can't do that.