Have you ever heard a song that brought you to tears?

This is a discussion on Have you ever heard a song that brought you to tears? within the General Chat board part of the General category; Time to be a bit real with you guys IRL, I may try to be that guy who is tough ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    czlyxh is offline TL;DR

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you ever heard a song that brought you to tears?

Time to be a bit real with you guys

IRL, I may try to be that guy who is tough and doesn't cry at anything, but lets face it, 99% of us do every now and then, whether you want to be a true man and admit it or not.
    Now, to get to the question.

Have you ever heard a song, and something about the lyrics made a saline-type solution drip from your eyes? Even if it just made you tear up a bit, what song was it?? For me personally, I get saddened by songs about the darker side of war and how it will separate soldiers from their friends and families.

Thoughts?

naxel is offline NAMBLA
    Array
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont cry very often.
    But about three weeks ago, i saw a "soldier comming home complitation" that was around an hour long.
    I tried to hold the tears back, but 30 min in to the video i couldnt hold it anymore. It was amazing to clear my mind with tears.
    I've not cried since my father passed away.

Maybe its because i can relate to the videos, and the emotions in the videos since my father passed away in battle.

But i've never cried to music only.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to naxel For This Useful Post:

AmpFlorian is offline I'm Back

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Loving Memory by Alter bridge and You Never Know by Immortal Technique and Boats and birds By Gregory and the Hawk

All three are different kinds of music if you care to check them out but they'll mean more to those of you who have been in a serious relationship or break-up or lost some special to you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AmpFlorian For This Useful Post:

Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "Because of you" by Unwritten law

because it reminds me of one of the most amazing yet simple times of my life.

@kent

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt For This Useful Post:

Zbon141 is offline Ex-Staff

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll admit that I have cried only to songs before.

The last song I cried to was "Say Something" by A Great Big World. It came on the radio RIGHT after I got done being sort of rejected for some problems I realized I caused at that exact moment. It was basically like this:

1. I got sort of rejected (punched in the gut)
    2. I realized I caused those problems (kicked while down)
    3. The song came on (shot repeatedly while on ground)

Yea. Not a fun night at all.

On a positive note (now that I killed the mood), the girl that sort of rejected me and I are friends again and she's been making some interesting hints lately. I'll leave it at that :o

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Zbon141 For This Useful Post:

czlyxh is offline TL;DR

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While this song doesn't make me cry or anything, I become deeply saddened by the song The Good Left Undone by Rise Against. It reminds me of the German girl who I stayed with on my student exchange program. I stayed with her for over a week and it was literally the BEST week of my life. I had fun beyond belief, I felt so accepted, I felt so loved, but I grew overly attached. After I came back, I spent a week or so deeply depressed and literally went on long walks, just to cry alone or would sit in the shower for almost hours, I was a fucking wreck and I still don't know why. I held in all of the sadness and intense emotions I felt over the course of that stay. She literally taught me an entire new perspective on life and change me for the better.

These lines especially give me the chills "All because of you, I haven't slept in so long. When I do I dream of drowning in the ocean, Longing for the shore where I can lay my head down, I'll follow your voice, All you have to do is shout it out."

and these " All because of you, I believe in angels. Not the kind with wings, No, not the kind with halos, The kind that bring you home, When home becomes a strange place. I'll follow your voice, All you have to do is shout it out."

None-the-less, I still talk to her every now and then and before I left, she invited me back to stay with her again sometime and I offered her the same invite to her with coming to America again. On another side note, I am also sort-of in the middle about writing a medium lengthed paper (for personal reasons, nothing for classes, etc) to remind me of it all.

----Deep rant over

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to czlyxh For This Useful Post:

theliquidator is offline Member

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @czlyxh, always remember that the girl was put in your life for the better, which is to ultimately become an stronger version of yourself. I love my girlfriend to death, I could even call her one of my best friends, and we both care for each other deeply. It would be horrible if anything were to happen between us, but I know that she is a great person and will always be thankful to have had her in my life because she has shown me such great values of life to live by...and then keep moving forward with that new-found knowledge.

Anyways, for me I tear up when I listen to "Where is the Love" by Black Eyed Peas...since it reminds people to spread the love...something that our society really needs. No homo.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to theliquidator For This Useful Post:

leofox is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i'm really sensitive and get emotional too fast, so almost every sad or good song with a good lyrics or a sad history gonna make me cry.

I cry even with some movies

Jussp is offline Gangster Mod

Array
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usally listening to this gets me to cry. Why, I have no freaking idea. :/

Mads is offline Formerly Zo8

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boy, this thread got real o'clock. Anyway I don't (generally) cry to music out of sadness, but I truly enjoy Dance with the Devil by Immortal Technique. The storytelling is just so incredible and emotional.

Moving away from the sad part, the opening number from the Tony awards 2013 with Neil Patrick Harris just blows my mind every time, both the music and the performances.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Mads For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast