Why do we like to cheat in video games?

This is a discussion on Why do we like to cheat in video games? within the General Chat board part of the General category; Originally Posted by MrGouk As for multiplayer games, I guess cheaters do so because they can't win otherwise. If you ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    naxel is offline NAMBLA
    Array
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGouk View Post
    As for multiplayer games, I guess cheaters do so because they can't win otherwise. If you feel offended then that's because I'm right
    For me, thats wrong. ^^ I use cheats because im a horny fraghunter

Jolinar is offline rapid response team #1

Array
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGouk View Post
    As for multiplayer games, I guess cheaters do so because they can't win otherwise. If you feel offended then that's because I'm right and I don't care at all since you're wasting non cheaters' time.
    Cheaters try to convince themselves they are good even without cheating etc... I've seen it a lot of time. Even one who said he was one of the best, and I thought he was (even if I felt better), then I watched a replay of his match and saw he was cheating...
    I think they may have a frustrating life and the one of the few way they can dominate others is by cheating. It applies to real life, there are cheaters everywhere. For example, your boss which has nothing of a boss but who's here by "accident" because he is easily manipulated by his hierarchy. He will abuse of his power with a 100% chance. And you will suffer from it.
    And from what I've seen, only the worst players cheat. When you're good, you got pride, you don't want to win because of something else than your brain, experience whatever... And you know you can win. When you cheat, it's because you are unsure of yourself. You can say "i do zis for teh lolz ^^^^^", but I bet you've read this somewhere else and thought "hmm yes that's why I do this" and you never thought again of why you're doing this. You convinced yourself you were doing this for fun. Else you can convince yourself you're smarter because you use cheat and others don't even know or know and don't bother using cheats. This a self defense mechanism like when someone still thinks God saved their life while it's only the doctors. You sux, cheaters.

In sports, they cheat for the money, here they cheat for the feeling of domination they lack otherwise.

The only acceptable case to cheat is against a cheater, and never reveal him you cheated, he may be very humiliated thinking you were not even cheating.

Unfortunately your opinion is very popular among legit players.

The truth is, though, that most cheaters do it for fun and to see people like you getting mad at them. Basically just for shits and giggles. I've seen many cheaters that are really good even when they're not cheating.

I used to hack in CSS for a good year and then stopped, and noticed that playing with hacks has actually improved my general skills and sense of the game. I only used a wallhack and colored models though. I started playing ESL after I stopped hacking and was semi-succesful.

I understand that it's no fun to play against hackers, but since you're already registered here, you might as well give it a shot. And stop talking about pride, it's the internet. Giant rainbow cats shooting lasers out of their tails, bro.

AceMcFly is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My guess, is that most people just aren't good enough at that certain game.
    BUT,
    I really don't think that about anyone on this forums, who is registered and active, at least. It seems that most people I know either do it to just get people mad, or for enjoyment. I'm personally a mix of the two. While it's fun to see people rage, sometimes I just need to have some fun, and that's the second reason.

kernelmode is offline Addict
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its just fun to use , the feel that you control the game and watch everyone behind the walls , but i dont cheat unless i play in public servers and i want to have a little fun , btw the cheats also improve your gameplay overall and making you better player , but its not the case in every game \ situtation but in cs 1.6 its really helped to improve my skill and positioning.

X-räi is offline ɯnıɯǝɹd
    Array
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AceMcFly View Post
    My guess, is that most people just aren't good enough at that certain game.
    BUT,
    I really don't think that about anyone on this forums, who is registered and active, at least. It seems that most people I know either do it to just get people mad, or for enjoyment. I'm personally a mix of the two. While it's fun to see people rage, sometimes I just need to have some fun, and that's the second reason.
    Another main point is because you can.

I dont miss cheats in HoN, LoL, dota2 etc or shooters like tribes, unreal tournament, enemy territory etc

but I cant stand legit plays in cs for example. firstly, my skill is subpar, my allies skill is subpar. (rl mates and random mates on my level) that actually takes away a lot from the original game. lacking enemy info and basically completely uncovered back.
    the actual unbelieveable cheater density does the rest.
    that also 100% applied for wcIII oder wc3 dota. The ally part didnt apply for actual wc3 though, but I was really fking bad.

^using CHROME now
    Banned users: 0 (Counting since: 04.06.2008)

Malish is offline YAH

Array
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A voice in my head tells me to keep cheating, even if I dont wanna =/
    " [28-09, 00:51] Matt: I use wire brushes on my grill, she likes it."

Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Everybody wants to win.

That's why they do it.

@kent

HighEmpty is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I enjoy playing normally for a while - but eventually I like to see what I can get away with ^^

dankss is offline Mentor

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i use hacks because its fun

likeafox is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bots are cheating right? Using them to farm and what not...

I have been using them since... lineage was a thing. I did it in WoW for a little while so that when I would log in to play (whenever I wasn't pulling all nighters at school or stuck in my job)the friends that play with me wouldn't leave me in the dust.

I mean sure, they play everyday while I'm working or climbing, so I wont ever be exactly where they are as fast as they are, but I have always loved being able to sit down and play with them without being a crutch, or making them reset and play again so I wouldn't have to go it alone.

So time, or lack there of is part of the reason that I cheat.

That being said, I dont wholly disagree with what mrgouk said. Sometimes it is because the players arent as good, and they want to win in things that they couldnt otherwise. I dont think its fun to play games like RUST against people in god mode, but its a reality of gaming. everyone draws their line in their own sand. Some people may look at doing something like that, or just being a massive troll in general and get their kicks from it. Thats their thing.

Jolinars dead on though. its the reality of the interweb, so try it or dont, but if I can shoulder devil you just a bit here, Id say try it because there are a lot of reasons to be drawn to cheating, and as to the community as a whole, its nice to find like minded people once in a while who, in my experience, respect others enough to let them have their vices.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast