College

This is a discussion on College within the General Chat board part of the General category; So, Pandas finally seems to be getting his life back together, I recently just applied at college and they are ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AmpFlorian is offline I'm Back

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

College

So, Pandas finally seems to be getting his life back together, I recently just applied at college and they are back in forth in contact with me and said my SAT/ACT scores high enough to get accepted etc. (good college so my background is abit of worry but we'll pretend that doesn't exist)

So d3scene, my real question here is idk what I want to major in. I've thought about computer science, I'm rather pc noob but I've always had interest and wanted to learn, now I know Comp Science isn't really that good but it's a start. Any of you have any experience in fields and can explain the negatives and positives of it? I'm doing my own research now but personal experiences are best. ;p Feel free to leave your story here.

Unknown2Me is online now Master Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsRaininPandas View Post
    So, Pandas finally seems to be getting his life back together, I recently just applied at college and they are back in forth in contact with me and said my SAT/ACT scores high enough to get accepted etc. (good college so my background is abit of worry but we'll pretend that doesn't exist)

So d3scene, my real question here is idk what I want to major in. I've thought about computer science, I'm rather pc noob but I've always had interest and wanted to learn, now I know Comp Science isn't really that good but it's a start. Any of you have any experience in fields and can explain the negatives and positives of it? I'm doing my own research now but personal experiences are best. ;p Feel free to leave your story here.
    I've not done computer science yet, but I'm in the process of deciding between medicine, biochemistry and computer science. As for computer science depending on the course specifically it can be heavily maths orientated and quite draining where others can be a nice introduction into coding, normally beginning with C# and easing into c++ within the following years. Really don't base your judgement off others experiences, different courses provide different experiences, if you have the drive you'll do well.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown2Me View Post
    I've not done computer science yet, but I'm in the process of deciding between medicine, biochemistry and computer science. As for computer science depending on the course specifically it can be heavily maths orientated and quite draining where others can be a nice introduction into coding, normally beginning with C# and easing into c++ within the following years. Really don't base your judgement off others experiences, different courses provide different experiences, if you have the drive you'll do well.

I'm just trying to figure out when all it entails, I've always excelled at math courses and done fairly well in the few computer courses I've messed with. I'm just looking for what everyone has done and what all is the positive and negatives to help me decide.

Safou is offline '-'

Array
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All i know is computer science I think will be up on the rise in the future. I think it's 1 of those majors that's sneaking by

Now to find a post of late, you have read to start this race!

Beaving is offline Терпение, мой друг

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm currently majoring in computer science and I really like it.

Even if you are a PC noob you can do it, but I would HIGHLY suggest you to really inform yourself about what you will be doing.

Many PC noobs start majoring in computer science and immediately drop out because its a totally different from what they imagined it would be. Programming will only take a third of what you will be doing there. You will learn a lot of theories and you will have a lot to do with algorithms, databases and so on. Basically, if you ever thought about yourself that you do think about things in an abstract way, you are born for computer science.

czlyxh is offline TL;DR

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, you're going to school to learn, correct? It's fine if you don't know about it, as long as you have an interest and desire to learn it, it will all work out for you

Zbon141 is offline Ex-Staff

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to constantly fight with your social life, I highly recommend becoming a biology major like me.

On a more positive note, you can always go undecided and figure out after a few general math/science/history/etc. classes.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zbon141 View Post
    If you want to constantly fight with your social life, I highly recommend becoming a biology major like me.

On a more positive note, you can always go undecided and figure out after a few general math/science/history/etc. classes.

Yeah but they're making me submit a plan etc already and just need a basis for which direction to go in now.

koshaan is offline /// R3 STAFF
    Array
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    congrats panda!

go for computer science if you must do something with computers.

/// R3CHEATS.COM \\\

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by koshaan View Post
    congrats panda!

go for computer science if you must do something with computers.
    Thanks, and there is no must. I'm free to do what I wish. I just don't want to do art/music and football is outta question now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast