My vacation

This is a discussion on My vacation within the General Chat board part of the General category; It started out immediately going to the Cincinnati zoo after the seven hour drive there. When we arrived at the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My vacation

It started out immediately going to the Cincinnati zoo after the seven hour drive there. When we arrived at the zoo, we gladly took our free parking and walked the long trek from the parking lot to the zoo itself. Upon arriving at the welcome desk and verifying that we were there, Sam realized she forgot her closed toe shoes. (We were going on an expensive behind the scenes experience with the endangered animals of the zoo. One of the requirements is to have closed toed shoes.) So this meant I had to sprint back to the car and grab them in fear of missing our "appointment". After grabbing this we were greeted by a lady who took us past a big gate that said "No entry". Which instantly made us feel like bad asses. After getting the quick run down from the one zookeeper, she led us into our first exhibit. Which was the Bactrian camels exhibit. What I mean by let us into, is we were literally where the animals were. People were looking at US in the exhibit with the animals. Again, felt like a badass. It was like holding your middle fingers up to the general public saying "Fuck you, we are special".

When we entered the first part of it, which was like, their feeding and sleeping/shitting room, it was empty. Until she called out "Jack!". After her second call of it, a silly ass looking camel ran up to us from outside. He was probably the size of you're average donkey/small horse. After getting to pet him and learned about him, she called for another one, named Humphrey.

Before we knew it, this fucking massive beast of a camel came wandering in from the outside. Like seriously, this guy was as big as a fucking elephant. He came in and we got to pet him, and get pictures with him etc. He also for some strange reason had a fascination with beards. So after he lip tickled my face beard she told us more about them and we moved onto the next exhibit.

This is our zookeeper that led us around. This is one of the camels. This isn't a picture from our trip because we didn't get them back yet.

After that we walked into a room where we were greeted by one of these.

After learning more about these and petting it a few times, (Making sure it didn't bite us, cause apparently they are vicious little fucks) we watched one paint us a picture.

After watching a little red panda swing around like a furry spider monkey, we moved onto the rhino exhibit.

We got to feed it all sorts of shit and pet it. We had to apparently "Watch out" for it's 20 foot projectile urinating. Boy that would have been fucked up. Anyway, This Sumatran Rhino is apparently the only one in the US in captivity. There are apparently only 100 (Give or take a few) left in the wild.

That was cool. That's something we can say we did that many people will never be able to say. Pet and hang out with an endangered possibly extinct someday animal.

After the zoo we went to the hotel and got checked in. After that we went to this place called Flipdaddys.

This place was the holy grail of all burger restaurants. They had so much awesome food and over 36 beers on tap. That, led to an awesome time and plenty of revisits throughout our trip. If I could, I would have eaten there every day.

Here are a few pictures from the trip.

This was our waiter. Who knew way too much about beer.

The other restaurant we went to was the Hofbrauhaus. Now, I've never been to germany or know what authentic german food/beer is, but apparently this was it.

We ate Bavarian Jagerschnitzel.

It had German potato salad and some cabbage. It was alright. I kind of wish we would have tried something else. The potatos also tasted really sweet. We also had the creampuff after the meal. The potatos were sweater than the desert. wat?

On friday was the Bunbury festival. Which we clearly weren't ready for in the least. It was hot. Way too fucking hot. And sweaty, like, walking through the desert and sweating buckets sweaty. The food was good, but it was really, really overpriced. One slice of bacon for four dollars is fucking ridiculous.

So after enduring that shit for the day and listening to some mildly "okay" bands, the one we came for came on.

Now, upon waiting for them to start their show, we observed at least four people openly smoking their drugs in public. Now, I'm okay with drugs, if you do them on your own account, but you shouldn't goto and open area where a bunch of kids are and spark up your shit. That's rude and disrespectful. Anyway, after being agitated with the literal definitions of modern day hippies, the show started. It was probably the best concert I've ever been too.

"Bunbury Festival was...hot. Sweaty. Full of pot smoking hippies. Like, everyone was on drugs. People openly doing it. It was terrible and made me feel dirty.Next time (If we ever go again) We are going for the time the band we want to see is playing, and not all day. Fuck that. Empire of the Sun was fucking amazing. Best live show I've ever seen. Ever. If it weren't for them the whole thing would have been crap.
    -Matt"

I have pictures but haven't uploaded them yet.

TL;DR : Trip was fun.

PS: This is not a thread to discuss your views on drugs. Leave it off here. Also,

If you are a German, and have some really awesome recipes to share, please PM them to me. Sam want's to try to make some of it.

@kent

Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hue

@kent

koshaan is offline /// R3 STAFF
    Array
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ty for the tl:dr hur hur

/// R3CHEATS.COM \\\

naxel is offline NAMBLA
    Array
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tought you were gone. Good too see you back <3

AmpFlorian is offline I'm Back

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No he's gone, that was his memorial service. D:

Zbon141 is offline Ex-Staff

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AmpFlorian View Post
    No he's gone, that was his memorial service. D:
    He wrote his own eulogy? That prick.

AmpFlorian is offline I'm Back

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zbon141 View Post
    He wrote his own eulogy? That prick.
    Something only Travis Browne could do... such a tough guy.

Malish is offline YAH

Array
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    rIP MATT..
    " [28-09, 00:51] Matt: I use wire brushes on my grill, she likes it."

Zbon141 is offline Ex-Staff

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AmpFlorian View Post
    Something only Travis Browne could do... such a tough guy.
    When I die, I want to be at my funeral too. What a champ.

R.I.P. Matt.

Cipa is offline Pootis Spencer Here.

Array
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    R.I.P Matt, jokes aside looked like an awesome trip.
    Click the image to visit our website.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast