Gamer Central is Back!

This is a discussion on Gamer Central is Back! within the General Chat board part of the General category; Originally Posted by Matt So this is a gaming community, that wants to steal our gaming community? hmm wait... Is ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    Malish's Avatar
    Malish is offline YAH


    Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    If afk, at the pub.
    Posts
    4,925
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    19
    Reputation
    1430
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    So this is a gaming community, that wants to steal our gaming community?
    hmm wait... Is D3scene a gaming community? o.0



    oh thats explain why it says advance your gaming... :O
    Last edited by Malish; 07-18-2014 at 10:36 PM.
    " [28-09, 00:51] Matt: I use wire brushes on my grill, she likes it."

  2. #12
    Gamer74123 is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Reputation
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Glupus View Post
    hmm wait... Is D3scene a gaming community? o.0

    oh thats explain why it says advance your gaming... :O
    Must not have read the replies, I forgive you for that.

  3. #13
    AmpFlorian's Avatar
    AmpFlorian is offline I'm Back

    Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    1,653
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    11
    Reputation
    665
    Ampflorian#1?

  4. #14
    ArcaneFx's Avatar
    ArcaneFx is offline Hacker
    Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hills of Pandora.
    Posts
    177
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6
    Reputation
    143
    So many things you're doing wrong.
    Just to name a few:
    1. Don't force users to register, you don't have any content yet.
    2. Too many sections for a new forum.
    3. Selling ad spaces even before getting any traffic.
    4. Ugly banner.

  5. #15
    <GM>Bumblebee's Avatar
    <GM>Bumblebee is offline I'm The Good Bee :)



    Array
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Palmdale,CA
    Posts
    1,912
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    12
    Reputation
    1146
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneFx View Post
    So many things you're doing wrong.
    Just to name a few:
    1. Don't force users to register, you don't have any content yet.
    2. Too many sections for a new forum.
    3. Selling ad spaces even before getting any traffic.
    4. Ugly banner.
    Likely because he wants a designer to work for $10 a month....

    I don't even sell logos that cheap xD

    Click here To see all my Tutorials and get Help.

  6. #16
    Gamer74123 is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Reputation
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by <GM>Bumblebee View Post
    Likely because he wants a designer to work for $10 a month....

    I don't even sell logos that cheap xD
    Where did I say I'll pay the designer $10 a month? O.o I didn't say that... O.o

    Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneFx View Post
    So many things you're doing wrong.
    Just to name a few:
    1. Don't force users to register, you don't have any content yet.
    2. Too many sections for a new forum.
    3. Selling ad spaces even before getting any traffic.
    4. Ugly banner.
    1. That has since changed.
    2. Most of them are requested sections
    3. I'm letting people know the option is there.
    4. That is a temporary banner.

  7. #17
    Menalix is offline Banned User
    Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    213
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Reputation
    124
    Well like the others, I also have bad thoughts of your project.. Pretty much for same reasons.

    For example: Now Accepting Donations
    Seems like you're more in it for the money, well if I was doing such a project, I would do it for the money too.
    But being so obvious about it is stupid. It's like loudly yelling out to people: COME HERE SO I CAN GET MONEY!
    No one gets attracted by that....
    I donated to d3scene because d3scene has given me something in form of a full great working community, they have done some work already, to prove my point I just donated a little again to them: http://i.gyazo.com/4bf150f3031686a08e1c377c01b873d7.png

    Your website is directly unattractive and no one would join it compared to a site like d3scene.
    1. The obvious grieve for money.
    2. Your theme is used by many sites, so you don't stand out by look, you need to make people interrested without any good post content that's hard, and a highly used theme doesn't help that.
    3. To many sections, I don't care if anyone asked for it, don't make your website look inactive, activity is a big attraction point.
    4. Your own rules regarding advertising, does you not live up to yourself by posting here, it gives it a more nonserious look.
    5. Who the hell are you? Normally people start stuff of from being from somewhere else.

    You have to acknowledge your site's bad things, do some more brainstorming.
    You don't have any content, no activity, completely new, not quite any supporters.

    What makes you even think any would donate without getting something? You're not doing a kickstarter project or something.

    Things you should do:
    Look for a private theme, to be attractive, first-hand impression is the most important.
    Don't ask for money from anyone yet.
    Make it look active, by adjusting the sections to the user count.
    Get a proper GFX guy.
    Make your facebook page attractive.
    Do a proper presentation next time you advertice it, this one looks like spam.
    Read about SEO optimizing or get a dude like me to do it.
    And probally more stuff.

    Once again the worst thing is your site lacks so much and then you ask for people money? Why wouldn't people roll eyes.

    Protip: close it down, put some more effort into it.
    You bought of a vBulletin license, grabbed a free theme, made some sections and rules. <- That's to easy, and people can feel it, so they roll eyes and turn around the other way.

    I have been into many serious projects: LAN-event which got complete booked with 350 people, Making of a nationwide anti-cheat team all lan-events corporated with, my own cheat project Hexui which ranks as one of the best on google, made a turnover 130000Euro on one month with a hair-curler project, we got sued afterwards though.... So ye I speak with experience, good luck.

  8. #18
    Gamer74123 is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Reputation
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Menalix View Post
    Well like the others, I also have bad thoughts of your project.. Pretty much for same reasons.

    For example: Now Accepting Donations
    Seems like you're more in it for the money, well if I was doing such a project, I would do it for the money too.
    But being so obvious about it is stupid. It's like loudly yelling out to people: COME HERE SO I CAN GET MONEY!
    No one gets attracted by that....
    I donated to d3scene because d3scene has given me something in form of a full great working community, they have done some work already, to prove my point I just donated a little again to them: http://i.gyazo.com/4bf150f3031686a08e1c377c01b873d7.png

    Your website is directly unattractive and no one would join it compared to a site like d3scene.
    1. The obvious grieve for money.
    2. Your theme is used by many sites, so you don't stand out by look, you need to make people interrested without any good post content that's hard, and a highly used theme doesn't help that.
    3. To many sections, I don't care if anyone asked for it, don't make your website look inactive, activity is a big attraction point.
    4. Your own rules regarding advertising, does you not live up to yourself by posting here, it gives it a more nonserious look.
    5. Who the hell are you? Normally people start stuff of from being from somewhere else.

    You have to acknowledge your site's bad things, do some more brainstorming.
    You don't have any content, no activity, completely new, not quite any supporters.

    What makes you even think any would donate without getting something? You're not doing a kickstarter project or something.

    Things you should do:
    Look for a private theme, to be attractive, first-hand impression is the most important.
    Don't ask for money from anyone yet.
    Make it look active, by adjusting the sections to the user count.
    Get a proper GFX guy.
    Make your facebook page attractive.
    Do a proper presentation next time you advertice it, this one looks like spam.
    Read about SEO optimizing or get a dude like me to do it.
    And probally more stuff.

    Once again the worst thing is your site lacks so much and then you ask for people money? Why wouldn't people roll eyes.

    Protip: close it down, put some more effort into it.
    You bought of a vBulletin license, grabbed a free theme, made some sections and rules. <- That's to easy, and people can feel it, so they roll eyes and turn around the other way.

    I have been into many serious projects: LAN-event which got complete booked with 350 people, Making of a nationwide anti-cheat team all lan-events corporated with, my own cheat project Hexui which ranks as one of the best on google, made a turnover 130000Euro on one month with a hair-curler project, we got sued afterwards though.... So ye I speak with experience, good luck.
    Thank you so much for being constructive. I will definitely take them into consideration. About the theme, I currently have someone custom making me a theme, but this one is only temporary until that one gets finished.

  9. #19
    Matt's Avatar
    Matt is offline Bott


    Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,343
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    20
    Reputation
    2306
    Well, here are my more in depth thoughts.

    Firstly, you shouldn't advertise this way on another gaming community. It literally makes it look like everyone has to pay for everything. For instance, don't make it seem like donating will get you ridiculous features. I get it you want people to come to you for that, but you'll jsut get the asshats who will buy that just to boast about it. (Assuming you get big enough for people to boast).

    Go for community, not for profit.

    All of our funds the site receives go back into the site. We literally have no access to donations or any income from the site. Therefore, We do not get paid (technically).

    I, get paid, from your fear and infractions. It feeds me.

    But back on topic...

    The theme, black. Is so over used. I mean, it's good for conserving energy, but to me, it looks bad. Black themes are generally the (I don't know what to use, so I'll use black, because people will think it's cool) theme.

    The use of colored text in chatboxes urk the shit out of me. I think it just screams "Hey, look at me, I'm a higher rank than you"

    etc.

    Add more subforums. Your stuff is to general. If you DO get a lot of threads on there, It will turn into a topic soup. So much shit thrown into one section.

    Work on logos and presentation. Donating for an email is a bit much. It seems like a good idea, but it'll cripple you in the end. Mark that.

    The best thing I can say so far is that I'm happy you didn't bombard the main page with "Buy this rank, or donate" stuff.

    I'm also a fan of home portals. I'd look into that. The ability to see the most recent posts would be a nice addition.

    TL;DR - Don't blast donating out there. You do a good job at making it seem like you won't get ANYTHING from your community unless you donate. Which turns me out immediately. Work on it more before you make it live and try to get people to pay for ANYTHING.

    TL;RDWFR - Work on it more. A lot more.

    @kent

  10. #20
    Gamer74123 is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Reputation
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Well, here are my more in depth thoughts.

    Firstly, you shouldn't advertise this way on another gaming community. It literally makes it look like everyone has to pay for everything. For instance, don't make it seem like donating will get you ridiculous features. I get it you want people to come to you for that, but you'll jsut get the asshats who will buy that just to boast about it. (Assuming you get big enough for people to boast).

    Go for community, not for profit.

    All of our funds the site receives go back into the site. We literally have no access to donations or any income from the site. Therefore, We do not get paid (technically).

    I, get paid, from your fear and infractions. It feeds me.

    But back on topic...

    The theme, black. Is so over used. I mean, it's good for conserving energy, but to me, it looks bad. Black themes are generally the (I don't know what to use, so I'll use black, because people will think it's cool) theme.

    The use of colored text in chatboxes urk the shit out of me. I think it just screams "Hey, look at me, I'm a higher rank than you"

    etc.

    Add more subforums. Your stuff is to general. If you DO get a lot of threads on there, It will turn into a topic soup. So much shit thrown into one section.

    Work on logos and presentation. Donating for an email is a bit much. It seems like a good idea, but it'll cripple you in the end. Mark that.

    The best thing I can say so far is that I'm happy you didn't bombard the main page with "Buy this rank, or donate" stuff.

    I'm also a fan of home portals. I'd look into that. The ability to see the most recent posts would be a nice addition.

    TL;DR - Don't blast donating out there. You do a good job at making it seem like you won't get ANYTHING from your community unless you donate. Which turns me out immediately. Work on it more before you make it live and try to get people to pay for ANYTHING.

    TL;RDWFR - Work on it more. A lot more.
    Thank you. I have put most of your guys' suggestions in place. Donations have been removed until a later date. Also, the email thing is a limited time offer because I do agree, it will get pretty tireing setting up a lot of emails assuming I get big. It's always best to assume so the community is prepared. I am also changing the theme sometime today because I do agree with you that the theme is overused, it was just mainly a theme to get the default one out because that's one thing I hear a lot. "You have the default theme, so this is going to fail" Anyways, thank you guys for your suggestions and I do greatly appreciate it.
    Last edited by Gamer74123; 07-23-2014 at 05:11 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-15-2014, 10:44 PM
  2. Gamer Central (Gaming Community)
    By zkrogman in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-26-2013, 01:46 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-04-2011, 07:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •