Spikey banned from DynoCheats.

This is a discussion on Spikey banned from DynoCheats. within the General Chat board part of the General category; Who are you to tell that kido?...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    rifelz is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who are you to tell that kido?

pancakeman is offline Guru
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a feeling windahl was still around even tho he said he has stopped coding

HighLANderr is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mekelek View Post
    You don't call anyone a "kid" on the internet when you have no idea what is his age, i have no idea what is yours, yet i don't call you a kid.
    I didn't do it for you or for your project, i did it for the people that would get potentially scammed. There is no proof of you not knowing about this, so you could be involved in this whole stuff as well.

I don't appreciate any thanking when someone follows it with calling you a "kid", learn to show some respect towards others.
    Where English is the native tongue, when someone says kid it isn't actually an insult. Of course you can use it as one, but I highly doubt he was intending it to be that. You're also quite bad for being an ass to people for no real reason, so I wouldn't overreact like that for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by kinjacob View Post
    Copy pasting ?
    I never heard him doing that. xD
    But cool you think so.
    He ran Encore-Cheats and scammed me, and many other out of hundreds of euros. Personally I was scammed out of £300.

He used copy and pasted AutoITcode from other forums, and claimed it was his own.

peesilent is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This fucking thread is ridiculous. Mekelek has all the right to complain, kid in this context and on the internet is clearly an insult, even if not intended. Your posts speak volumes, and the hacks are most likely on a par with the quality of them. Hiring a coder and not making a background check, like previous work etc. It's like you're not even trying.
    But who cares, your project is bound to fail anyway. Mekelek just delayed it a bit, and you're not even grateful for it.

Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by peesilent View Post
    This fucking thread is ridiculous. Mekelek has all the right to complain, kid in this context and on the internet is clearly an insult, even if not intended. Your posts speak volumes, and the hacks are most likely on a par with the quality of them. Hiring a coder and not making a background check, like previous work etc. It's like you're not even trying.
    But who cares, your project is bound to fail anyway. Mekelek just delayed it a bit, and you're not even grateful for it.
    That is completely opinionated. Kid is not viewed as an insult unless you THINK it is. It doesn't mean that he intended it as so when he posted it.

For example, I wouldn't be butthurt if someone called me a kid. That's my opinion. As that is yours, and his is his.

The view on that is ridiculous.

@kent

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, no he doesn't.

He said "And to the kid who discovered this:
    Thank you. =)"

Please, explain how thanking someone meant that when he used kid it was meant as an insult?

You're just as silly as Mek.

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus1x View Post
    This ^^^^.. Ones from the United States who have to deal with people in call centers who do not speak English as their primary language are usually unable to grasp what you are saying and some things are taken one way opposed to the way they are original used.

Mekelek is over-reacting mostly because his first language isn't English
    This is indeed true. I absolutely hate calling up companies just to get put through to someone that doesn't understand a word I say - it's not even that my accent is bad as I am quite articulate, they just seem incomprehensibly stupid.

On topic;

I'm glad you banned Windahl and best of luck finding a new coder!

peesilent is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, it's true that you can use the word kid in a friendly manner, and it can be a more common practice in the States, true, BUT: Let's have a more logical approach, shall we.

I have no idea where Kinjacob is from, but I doubt that his primary language is English.
    We do not want the partnership to go on because of he's actions in the past.
    No humiliation intended, just trying to get my point across (neither my English is flawless). Thus, I assume he's not from America, more likely Europe or even Asia. Now the term kid is a lot more if not exclusively used as an insult in those continents. Best example, Europe: Germany. Youths use the word and you hear it often in gangster rap, both use it as an insult. Next would be Russia, where it's also often used as a disrispectful turn. Same goes for China and Japan, as far as I can tell. They all use it to describe someone as foolish, inexperienced and naive. Now I hope you see where this is going. I'm assuming that most traffic on d3 (or at least from those that are an active part of the community) is coming from those places where kid is used as an insult. Thus, their culture is practiced and set as standard, more or less automatically.

So I don't see why it would be wrong from mekelek to assume that it actually was an insult, especially when he asked in a normal manner and got a cheeky answer.

What?
    How would i know your age? This is the internet, remember?
    And you should be happy i thanked you in the first place. =)
    A very sarcastic comment, considering mekelek literally saved his ass. Also, the same smiley as in the first post after the "Thank you" which make it quite obvious what intensions OP has.

I hate to point out things like these, and I'm nowhere saying that my theory is a fact. I'm just trying to show what may have led him to this assumption. Maybe I'm reading into things, but that's just how I see it.

Sorry for offtopic.
    Last edited by peesilent; 10-10-2014 at 02:23 AM.

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, it's true that you can use the word kid in a friendly manner, and it can be a more common practice in the States, true, BUT: Let's have a more logical approach, shall we.

I have no idea where Kinjacob is from, but I doubt that his primary language is English.
    No humiliation intended, just trying to get my point across (neither my English is flawless). Thus, I assume he's not from America, more likely Europe or even Asia. Now the term kid is a lot more if not exclusively used as an insult in those continents. Best example, Europe: Germany. Youths often use the word and you hear it often in gangster rap, both use it as an insult. Next would be Russia, where it's also often used as a disrispectful turn. Same goes for China and Japan, as far as I can tell. They all use it to describe someone as foolish, inexperienced and naive. Now I hope you see where this is going. I'm assuming that most traffic on d3 (or at least from those that are an active part of the community) is coming from those places where kid is used as an insult. Thus, their culture is practiced and set as standard, more or less automatically.

So I don't see why it would be wrong from mekelek to assume that it actually was an insult, especially when he asked in a normal manner and got a cheeky answer.

A very sarcastic comment, considering mekelek literally saved his ass. Also, the same smiley as in the first post after the "Thank you" which make it quite obvious what intensions OP has.

I hate to point out things like these, and I'm nowhere saying that my theory is a fact. I'm just trying to show what may have led him to this assumption. Maybe I'm reading into things, but that's just how I see it.

Sorry for offtopic.
    You're over thinking it. Just because someones written English isn't perfect, doesn't mean they are not a native speaker. There are MANY things that can contribute to bad grammar not saying that OP has that ofc.

Also, the use of the same smiley is completely irreverent - I'm not going to waste my time and delve into this anymore.

Let's just agree to disagree.

Phoon is offline Advanced Hacker

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well good job guys. Glad to see that he got banned now everyone knows that he is big lier. i wonder if cubex saw this.

http://www.tremorgames.com/?ref=889402

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast