The thread that makes you think.

This is a discussion on The thread that makes you think. within the General Chat board part of the General category; Originally Posted by Matt http://www.d3scene.com/forum/rules-a...tem-works.html Now stop posting stuff in here not related to the topic. But isn't everything philosophical? ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    F12erwin is offline Guru
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    How the Infraction System works!

Now stop posting stuff in here not related to the topic.
    But isn't everything philosophical? If not? Where to draw the line? How to decide real from unreal, true from untrue, good from evil...?

What happens after you die? Will your soul/spirit live on? Will there be something like an afterlife? What about reincarnation?

Usually when I think about getting older/dying. I feel a rush of panic since death is so common yet nobody knows what happens afterwards. Can life just be over? Will there just be an eternity of nothingness?

Ppi
    Ppi is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by F12erwin View Post
    But isn't everything philosophical? If not? Where to draw the line? How to decide real from unreal, true from untrue, good from evil...?

What happens after you die? Will your soul/spirit live on? Will there be something like an afterlife? What about reincarnation?

Usually when I think about getting older/dying. I feel a rush of panic since death is so common yet nobody knows what happens afterwards. Can life just be over? Will there just be an eternity of nothingness?
    And its probably the fact that nobody knows that makes it clear we're just gone forever in an eternity of nothingness.
    Our brains just can't comprehend it, since why people believes in god and such I guess, as you say yourself you feel paniced thinking about it. But then again it just doesn't seem right why the hell would we be born for nothing more than just getting babies, life is actually cruel it doesn't care about death, it just care to see a race living on and on for no god damn purpose?

And Somehow there must exist a soul, we're all a complete set of bones, water, blood and meat with a brain, like a computer is an electronic construction, we're a biological one, yet we still all are our own person and not JUST many biological folks, like flowers.
    Last edited by Ppi; 10-22-2014 at 10:01 AM.

HaruhiAA is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adherent to a simple set of rules. Test ideas by experiments and observations. Build on those ideas that pass the test. Reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours.”
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson

You can shorten this by calling it "freedom" and "question everything". His Cosmos reboot left a mark on me.

lanfan is offline Hacker

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what is time, you ask ? it's the only true constant we have in this world. the thing that keeps us together. everything else is relative the dimensions, everything.

A better question would be: how can you influence time, not just for yourself ?

Also: How do you know you're not in some greater entity's imagination ? How do you define real ?

Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another one to think about is if this reality is your own.

What if everything going on in the world has been tailored to your consciousness. What if we are all just mind flowers in a brain field somewhere just sitting and dreaming about this existence.

@kent

lanfan is offline Hacker

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if God wanted a challenge and stripped himself out of his powers, and became human ? Who's there to rule it all ?

F12erwin is offline Guru
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if we have cats and dogs as pets but are ourselves pets and our world is just a small playground for pets (us). What if gods play with us like we play with our pets?! :O

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12