Any reason to play HoN when I can Play DotA 2?

This is a discussion on Any reason to play HoN when I can Play DotA 2? within the Heroes of Newerth forum board part of the Hot Games category; Serious question....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    TOTRIC is offline Banned User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any reason to play HoN when I can Play DotA 2?

Serious question.

PlayToWin is offline Banned User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dota UI in my opinion is awful shop is harder to buy gameplay overal is not as good as hon.... on the other hand, dota is more balanced and has better graphics

Nekokami is offline Advanced Hacker

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any reason to play HoN and Dota2 when there is LoL ?

Keristero is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dota 2 is not more balanced, or so i think.
    one of naga sirens skills dissables the enemy completely for like 7 secs.

The_Blanket is offline Banned User
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HoN is much more competetive than DotA 2 at the moment

elle200 is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hontour is out now so the competetive scene in HoN shouldn't be a problem atm if you are looking for that kind of stuffs. With other words HoN won't die out as soon as u might think.

Flash is offline Premium Member

Array
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) LoL is a noob game.
    2) DotA 2 is a more respected game.
    3) Only reason LoL is so popular is because it's free and they have a great system to play with friends and all.

If DotA 2 was free, LoL wouldn't be where it is right now.

Mads is offline Formerly Zo8

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean Spray View Post
    1) LoL is a noob game.
    2) DotA 2 is a more respected game.
    3) Only reason LoL is so popular is because it's free and they have a great system to play with friends and all.

If DotA 2 was free, LoL wouldn't be where it is right now.
    I fail to see why this belongs here, but now I might as well answer it.

1) LoL is made for a casual crowd. It is intended for anyone to be able to hop on, have fun with a few games and leave it at that (which I guess you can classify as a "noob game", whereas HoN and Dota2 both take a huge amount of time to get to the point where it's even remotely fun.)
    2) I don't know about more respected, but Dota2 and HoN are both designed to be competitive games, whereas LoL was designed purely as a casual game, who then turned into sort of a competitive game because of the extreme number of players/viewers.
    3) Can't argue with that.

And on the last point: Dota2 will be free when it leaves beta, which may or may not be in 2012, though considering Valve time I'm guessing early 2013. The beta is free if you can get a key, and you only have to pay if you can not get your hands on a betakey whatsoever (which is ridiculously easy to obtain at this point, so I'm gonna go ahead and say Dota2 is practically free if you know where to look for a key) which means saying that LoL wouldn't be the biggest on the market right now if Dota2 was free is pretty wrong. LoL was big even before Dota2 was available.

I'm not trying to spew shit here, and maybe this isn't the right thread to discuss the pros and cons and differences of the 3 games, but since we've already opened up this box I think we should just continue it (the OP is banned anyway, so I doubt he'll mind his thread being necro'ed.)

Flash is offline Premium Member

Array
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mads View Post
    I fail to see why this belongs here, but now I might as well answer it.

1) LoL is made for a casual crowd. It is intended for anyone to be able to hop on, have fun with a few games and leave it at that (which I guess you can classify as a "noob game", whereas HoN and Dota2 both take a huge amount of time to get to the point where it's even remotely fun.)
    2) I don't know about more respected, but Dota2 and HoN are both designed to be competitive games, whereas LoL was designed purely as a casual game, who then turned into sort of a competitive game because of the extreme number of players/viewers.
    3) Can't argue with that.

And on the last point: Dota2 will be free when it leaves beta, which may or may not be in 2012, though considering Valve time I'm guessing early 2013. The beta is free if you can get a key, and you only have to pay if you can not get your hands on a betakey whatsoever (which is ridiculously easy to obtain at this point, so I'm gonna go ahead and say Dota2 is practically free if you know where to look for a key) which means saying that LoL wouldn't be the biggest on the market right now if Dota2 was free is pretty wrong. LoL was big even before Dota2 was available.

I'm not trying to spew shit here, and maybe this isn't the right thread to discuss the pros and cons and differences of the 3 games, but since we've already opened up this box I think we should just continue it (the OP is banned anyway, so I doubt he'll mind his thread being necro'ed.)
    Well I just stated LoL is a noob game because I've played DotA 2 and it's a much more challenging game. The players all originated playing DotA. LoL is a great game, I love playing it with my friends and all but the game itself has a lot of work to do. The system is enjoyable and there are always updates; can't argue with that.

I'm not sure how available DotA 2 is. I just got 6 keys from a friend who happened to have plenty of them. If I can't sell them within this week, I'll try to give at least 2 of them away. I do however believe LoL will still stand victorious over DotA 2. The players enjoy it and DotA 2 also requires better specs to actually enjoy the game without lagging.

Great post Mads, definitely true. I'm still going to play LoL but if DotA 2 can give me a reason, e.g. A good communication system, anti-maphack, purchasable content, and perhaps an ELO system such as DotACash. Could also use different maps, new modes, and all that good stuff that Warcraft III DotA should have.

Darchrow is offline Life's good.

Array
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried HoN and LoL once but always returned to DotA. It's definitely the oldest game of all of them and has not the features like anti-maphack, anti-leaver and a pointsystem. But there is still a chance to play on a league such as DotaCash where you get banned for leaving or if you broke a rule. Furthermore you have a ranking system there, even if I think that ELO is purely bullshit though. Should be TSR only.
    I'm addicted to DotA and will stay at it as long as there are active players. But especially on DotaCash it really pisses me off to see half of the 'good' players are maphackers, all that trashtalk there and all the leavers and game-thrower. It's quite funny to see all those guys who flamed to me I'm 'garbage', 'trash' or a 'noob' on the banlist for being a maphacker. It's a generally problem that the team starts to blame each other when something didn't work how they thought it should.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast