HoN 3.0 is coming

This is a discussion on HoN 3.0 is coming within the Heroes of Newerth forum board part of the Hot Games category; S2 Games has announced the release day of the 3.0 version of Heroes of Newerth: 31/01/2013 An interesting article can ...

Cre4ton is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HoN 3.0 is coming

S2 Games has announced the release day of the 3.0 version of Heroes of Newerth: 31/01/2013

An interesting article can be read here:
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/01...es-the-moba-e/

Any ideas about the topic? Thoughts? Opinions?
    Last edited by Cre4ton; 01-23-2013 at 06:25 PM. Reason: update

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cre4ton For This Useful Post:

Tracky is offline Administrator

Array
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Now that an update is about to come I reconsider to start playing it a bit more active again.
    Some things I want to discuss:

Older heroes will receive a much needed HD texture facelift to match some of the latest additions to HoN.
    I like the idea, however, I hope they also try to make the game have less effects. It's nice to play a game that has nice GFX, but in a fight the GFX with its special effects is just WAY too much.

This is what they REALLY have to work on:
    My first experiences in the MOBA genre went something like this: "What do you mean last-hitting and how come these towers keep shooting me? I'm a hero, for freak's sake!" to which my teammate would respond, "Quit feeding and die in a fire." It was a confusing and tumultuous time.

The community is just not meant to help each other. 97% Trolls/Flamers, 1% Progamers 1% Casual Gamers, 1% 7 year-old kids who can't read or write. Good thing we have the communication system, eh...?

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracky View Post
    I like the idea, however, I hope they also try to make the game have less effects. It's nice to play a game that has nice GFX, but in a fight the GFX with its special effects is just WAY too much.
    well, you can get rid of the fancy effects in the options menu

The community is just not meant to help each other. 97% Trolls/Flamers, 1% Progamers 1% Casual Gamers, 1% 7 year-old kids who can't read or write. Good thing we have the communication system, eh...?
    unfortunately, you're right. the community is full of griefers, trolls and other unfriendly beings. the only solution would be to punish these players according to their IP adress (since you can create as many accounts as you want) and take griefing, trashtalking etc. seriously. I could imagine a reputation system too, you can give - and + to every player, based on their behaviour.

Tracky is offline Administrator

Array
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cre4ton View Post
    well, you can get rid of the fancy effects in the options menu
    Still way too many effects exist.
    On the other hand I also want to ENJOY gaming, but not in cost of overview.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cre4ton View Post
    the community is full of griefers, trolls and other unfriendly beings. the only solution would be to punish these players according to their IP adress (since you can create as many accounts as you want) and take griefing, trashtalking etc. seriously. I could imagine a reputation system too, you can give - and + to every player, based on their behaviour.
    That's possible in the HoN-forums. This rating however isn't involved in the game itself at all.

X-räi is offline ɯnıɯǝɹd
    Array
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what they REALLY have to work on:

[/FONT][/COLOR]The community is just not meant to help each other. 97% Trolls/Flamers, 1% Progamers 1% Casual Gamers, 1% 7 year-old kids who can't read or write. Good thing we have the communication system, eh...?
    dota 2 was the same... until they started overflowing the game with new players...
    Now you have zero team picking, zero team organisation, no "roles", no courier(unless self-/mate-bought), 1 ward per game(unless)
    and absolute silence except for east-european (not exclusively russian) chat between mates OR flame chat.
    A game where "deeper" communication in english actually happens is ultra rare.

that is with 100hours gameplay, often playing with mates with 400++ hours (and 50%++ win rate ofc)
    I regularly miss the even negative communication hon has.
    Most Ppl are improving much better under pressure...

^using CHROME now
    Banned users: 0 (Counting since: 04.06.2008)

steky is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update is live what do u guys think so far? I did played it in net caffe on a good pc and it look great. But just that new menu is hard to get used but its always like that isnt it? :P
    Just hope it still run good on a normal pc such as mine but i cannot test it now. My graphic card died at the same day as my monitor xD Lucky me xD

Mads is offline Formerly Zo8

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will take some time to get used to the interface and buddylist, in game I kinda like the new towers and some of the new models, haven't seen all of them yet though. Some look really dark, like defiler, valkyrie and TDL, not sure how I feel about that yet. Will have to play some more to really decide if I like it or not overall.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate the new matchmaking interface, but as Mads said, we'll get used to it The new map and tower graphics are wonderful, same for the HD-textured heroes. It's like I'm playing a different game Love it!