Just started so...

This is a discussion on Just started so... within the Heroes of Newerth forum board part of the Hot Games category; Looking for your hero choices and opinions on why they are good. I need some suggestions because being new to ...

Matt is offline Bot of War

Array
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Just started so...

Looking for your hero choices and opinions on why they are good. I need some suggestions because being new to this, all of them look fucking awesome. I am an avid League of legends player so I know the basics of mobas, however a lot is different in HoN compared to LoL. I'm looking for any tips, pointers, suggestion and so on.

Mads is offline Formerly Zo8

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Start with simple heroes until you learn the more core mechanics of the game: Witch Slayer, Plague Rider, Hammerstorm etc. Those heroes are all fairly easy to play, and helps you focus on learning the game rather than learning a specific hero. Once you get bored of them or feel like you have a better idea of how the game works, move on to other heroes.

The most important tip I can give you is probably to hang in there. There will be bad games because the majority of this community, especially in the 1500 MMR bracket, are either trolls or bad, though I guess that's kinda the same in LoL. So while you will get some frustrating games, if you stick in there, it will get better and much more enjoyable. Just ignore your team if they start flaming you or each other.

In terms of gameplay, the single most important thing to remember as a new player is to just NOT DIE. Seriously. If you constantly die you will get sick of the game, your opponents will get fed and your team will flame you. Also, starting out by playing carries may not be the best idea because then your team is relying on you to carry them, and you won't be able to do that if you just started playing. Stick to some other roles like supporting or initiating, because practicing those roles will also give you better game sense and in general make you improve faster.

That should be it for a start, hit me up either here or ingame (account name: Hard) if you have any more questions. There's a lot more to the game but I can't get into all the details right away as that would just be confusing :3

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mads For This Useful Post:

Matt is offline Bot of War

Array
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tips. Gonna give those guys a try. Online gaming communities continue to decay more and more. People aren't afraid of doing or saying anything anymore. The wall of anonymity makes even adults act like English depraved R-tards. I'll also try to take everything you said into context too. HoN seems like an awesome game.

Mads is offline Formerly Zo8

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Thanks for the tips. Gonna give those guys a try. Online gaming communities continue to decay more and more. People aren't afraid of doing or saying anything anymore. The wall of anonymity makes even adults act like English depraved R-tards. I'll also try to take everything you said into context too. HoN seems like an awesome game.
    It definitely is, though moreso when you get good at it. In the start you will get raped and it won't be fun, but once you get better and start playing with friends and just enjoy the game rather than focus on winning, it will be much more fun to play.

Stylex is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heard scout is the best hero for beginners, any thoughts?