Fayde

This is a discussion on Fayde within the Heroes of Newerth Guides board part of the Heroes of Newerth forum category; Fayde Table of Content I. An introduction -Fayde's role -Pros/Cons II. Stats and Skills III. Skillbuild IV. Items V. Gameplay ...

Mads is offline Formerly Zo8

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fayde

Fayde

Table of Content
    I. An introduction
    -Fayde's role
    -Pros/Cons
    II. Stats and Skills
    III. Skillbuild
    IV. Items
    V. Gameplay
    VI. Replay(s)

I. An introduction.
    Aigth, hello and welcome to my guide on this S2 creation named Fayde. Fayde is an extremely good ganker because of her insane burst damage, especially combined with a Codex or a Puzzlebox. It is important to remember that fayde is under no circumstances a hard carry, so don't play her like one. Let's take a look at some pros and cons:

Pros:
    -Great ganker because of her ultimate and burst damage
    -Got a very nice AoE stun
    -Easy farming in the laning phase because of Deflection
    -Can easily dominate mid lane
    -Hard to kill because of Deflection and her ultimate

Cons:
    -Fragile
    -Extremely mana depandant early on
    -Will get focused in fights
    -Can't do much without her spells ready

II. Stats and Skills
    Alright, I will show screenshots of Fayde's Stats and Skills because it's easier for me to post a screenshot than to type down all of her stats, and when I try to copy it from the stats page, it always seems to mess up the colors and makes me unable to change the, which pisses me off.
    So, Fayde's stats:
    stats.jpg
    Base attack:
    damagestats.jpg

Aaaaaaand, we'll move on to her skills.
    Cull:
    cull.jpg
    A great spell either for AoE stun or for AoE mana burn. Very effective in team fights.

Burning Shadows:
    burnshadows.jpg
    A great spell either for AoE stun or for AoE mana burn. Very effective in team fights.
    (lol same line as above)
    Also, the illusions will proc the passives of the hero it is casted on, eg. Magebane will burn his own mana, Scout will disarm himself etc. (if it procs) [thanks to nubrus aka bat for pointing that out]

Stances:

Very useful in the laning phase to block damage. Also nice because it makes you able to block magic damage when you need that (eg. if you got Slither poison on you) or block physical damage when you need that.

Reflection:
    reflect.jpg
    The ability that completes your ganking spells. Sneaking up to an enemy, attacking once for the DoT, then stunning with Cull and following up with Burning Shadows and ending up with a Codex burst. It is so hillarious when an enemy carry thinks he is farming safely and then you kill him before he gets the chance to do anything. However, it can easily be countered with Wards of Revealtion, Dust or a Bound Eye, so beware.

III. Skillbuild.
    Note that this is the way I skill Fayde, and what I find to be 'the best way'. A skillbuild can vary from game to game, so always adapt.

1. Stances
    2. Cull
    3. Cull
    4. Burning Shadows
    5. Cull
    6 Reflection
    7. Cull
    8-10. Burning Shadows
    11. Reflection
    12-14. Stances
    15. Attributes
    16. Reflection
    16-25. Attributes

Stances at level one so you can block magic damage if you have to, and also to block some harrasing early on. You could also level Cull if you are going for a fast Bloodlust kill.
    Cull is maxed next naturally, but you could also max out Burning Shadows if you prefer that. Just make sure that you max out one of them as fast as possible for a long AoE stun. Reflection when possible.

IV. Items
    To make it a whole lot easier for me, I have just put diffrent colors around the items in the Recommended Tab.
    Red = Core items
    Green = Situational items
    Yellow = Luxury items.

Explanation:
    Ghost Marchers makes up for easier chasing, however Steamboots will do better in some situations where you need suriviveability or attackspeed, but I usually go for Ghost Marchers. A bottle is almost always usefull, seeing as you are a ganker and because of that, will have to move around alot. A bottle will greatly help on this, because you can just refill it with a rune. Codex is a must have, because it gives that last burst that usually is needed when ganking somebody alone. It is your decision if you want to level it up, but a level 1 Codex is required. Iron Shield if you are getting harrased more than Deflection can make up for, and Bracers if you need more HP. Portal key if you feel you need it, and same goes for Tablet of Command.
    Puzzlebox and Kuldras Sheepstick are also great tools when ganking, and should be bought after Codex in most situations.

Note: Nullstone will usually do great aswell. Mana regen and stats is awesome, and the spell block will help you get kills even if the enemy hero got a target stun.
    Hardcore luxury if you need damage: Frostwolf's Skull or Geometers Bane.

Starting items: Stats and regen, pretty much. Just don't start with a naked bottle.
    Buy a hatchet if you need it.

V. Gameplay

As you probably have figured by now, Fayde is a ganker and is NOT a carry hero. She excels at the mid game where her spells can easily take out lonely squishy carrys like Forsaken Archer, Arachna and Soulstealer.
    You should always buy codex for that last burst damage when ganking alone, and it also gives you mana for your low manapool. When ganking, don't go invisible where everyone can see you, because they will alert their team and make it alot harder for you to gank.

Normally you will be ganking alone, simply because you can. However another stun is always good for ensuring a kill. Wards of Sight are also a great item, and if nobody on your team buys it, man up and do it yourself. Wards in enemy forest will make up for alot of kills without you having to go check it by yourself 24/7. Thing is, when you gank an enemy carry alot, they will get frustrated and move to their jungle. In the jungle they are very easy to gank for a hero like Fayde, which will get them even more frustrated, and eventually you'll win the game because your carry is well farmed, while the enemy carry died 5 times to you.

When ganking, always use Reflection out of sight range. Move close to your target, hit them once or twice before you stun. It is important that you hit them before you stun, because a hit from your ulti gives a nice DoT spell.
    So sneak up on your target, hit them once/twice, stun with Cull, cast Burning Shadows and finish them off with Codex. Chase if neccesary.

VI. Replay(s)

My latest good Fayde replay. I actually can't remember if we lost or won, but you should get the point of how to play her.
    I will of course add more replays when I get them.
    Replays by Bat:

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed reading it. I also hope you learned that fayde is not a carry, and that she shouldn't be played like one.

-Zo8.
    Last edited by Mads; 08-22-2010 at 06:57 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mads For This Useful Post:

Bat
    Bat is offline Premium Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cant see nullstone in ze build

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fixed

Bat
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sehr gut job

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Tracky is offline Administrator

Array
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    It is important to remember that fayde is under no circumstances a hard carry,
    In most honcasts you'll see Fayde played as a hardcarry, IIRC.
    I may be wrong, but I think I saw them playing her like one, in like.. 10 games ?!
    Nevermind, really good job. I like your structure and pictures are always appreciated

Best regards, Tracky

Bat
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracky View Post
    In most honcasts you'll see Fayde played as a hardcarry, IIRC.
    I may be wrong, but I think I saw them playing her like one, in like.. 10 games ?!
    Nevermind, really good job. I like your structure and pictures are always appreciated

Best regards, Tracky
    Every hero can be played like a hard carry, but fayde does not have a single skill that allows her to scale efficiently lategame, such as scout disarm, swift crit and such,

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Added Bat's replays.

Drones is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)