hon details for potential hack

This is a discussion on hon details for potential hack within the Heroes of Newerth Hacks board part of the Heroes of Newerth forum category; I have seen some posts claiming that a hack for hon is almost impossible because the game is server sided. ...

one23 is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question hon details for potential hack

I have seen some posts claiming that a hack for hon is almost impossible because the game is server sided.
    Still i have not seen details posted of what exactly is server sided.

How ''much'' is hon, server sided?
    - Does the server hold the position of the player and check if he is close enough to the shop to buy?
    - Does the server hold the position of the player and check if he is close enough to the creep/enemy to hit or kill?
    - Does the server hold the postition of invisible enemies and only sends them when dust is used ?
    - Does the server check if the player is close enough to the rune to pick it?
    - In generall, is the only thing send to the server from the client, mouse and keyboard clicks and the rest is handled by the server or is there something more handled from the client?Also if there is what are those extra things handled by the client?

namreeb is offline Addict
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by one23 View Post
    I have seen some posts claiming that a hack for hon is almost impossible because the game is server sided.
    Still i have not seen details posted of what exactly is server sided.

How ''much'' is hon, server sided?
    - Does the server hold the position of the player and check if he is close enough to the shop to buy?
    Yes, but you are allowed to buy when not near the shop. It just goes into your "alt inventory" rather than one of your primary six inventory slots.

- Does the server hold the position of the player and check if he is close enough to the creep/enemy to hit or kill?
    Even more than this, the client simply says "target this unit" and the server will tell the client your position roughly 20 times per second, and will tell the client what attack animations are presently playing.

- Does the server hold the postition of invisible enemies and only sends them when dust is used ?
    Correct. The position sent is 0, 0, 0 for units that are invisible either due to invisibility or being inside the fog of war.

- Does the server check if the player is close enough to the rune to pick it?
    No, but again all the client says is "set destination to entity xyz" where xyz is the numeric id of the rune. The server handles movement and gathering the rune

- In generall, is the only thing send to the server from the client, mouse and keyboard clicks and the rest is handled by the server or is there something more handled from the client?Also if there is what are those extra things handled by the client?
    Correct.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to namreeb For This Useful Post:

namreeb is offline Addict
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Already removed from youtube. I call bullshit.