Zynox FPB discontinued.

This is a discussion on Zynox FPB discontinued. within the League of Legends Hacks board part of the League of Legends category; Hello dear members of d3scene. I'm zablex and I have sad news for you: The FPB project made by zynox ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    zablex is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zynox FPB discontinued.

Hello dear members of d3scene. I'm zablex and I have sad news for you:

The FPB project made by zynox got discontinued. I know, this is sad news for those who loved FPB. I feel the same.

Fpb scripts were a great help when i was still learning how to play. Tons of ideas were stuffed into FPB to keep the project alive.

Everybody just loved the damn thing yet still, it got discontinued. It's hard to express myself in just words of how frustrated I am.

All that time people gave to write scripts, discuss ideas, etc. were trashed away because the owner could not keep up with it. I

know some of you (including Zynox) will just think of me as a kid who lost his toy but please do not forget, that FPB was a tool

free to use for anyone who wanted to and therefore, it was a toy ment for thousands of people. The few good things that zynox

left behind - a notice: "We will be back sooner or later..."; A script engine that wont work after the next patch; An idea that lol

can and will be hacked some day;

source:
    End of the FPB project | Zynox's Blog
    Last edited by zablex; 06-14-2012 at 09:46 AM.

KavanaK is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am writing this reply terribly sad... that was one biggest surprising discovery ever what i saw on the Zynox's page about 10 minutes ago. A lot of people did a lot of work with the scripts as well. It was not easy. Thats was hours of time getting all the game data to put them into the scripts. Last week there was published an awesome difficult script to check and show all hero's cooldowns. And suddently it is gone everyting. This is not fair, at least during the best times, discontinuing the project.

There are a lot of programmers, why don't he offer the sourcecode someone who did the most on FPB forums, for example. I hope, Zynox just slept poorly.

zablex is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The source code also won’t be published, since in my opinion, the people who are capable of keeping this project alive will probably abuse it in private and/or make money of it. Therefore the funny pullback is gone for good after the next LoL patch.
    I guess he's a pessimist T_T

4. The Following User Says Thank You to zablex For This Useful Post:

KavanaK is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shall we sign a petition?

Although I would like continuing the project by myself, I am not a programmer ;-D if Zynox won't continue, there must be someone else to continue the project. Of course you can end anything that is so popular, but why. There must be someone else keeping updating it.

//
    If the program won't be released again in one month, I will posts some videos here:-)
    Last edited by KavanaK; 06-14-2012 at 12:27 PM.

zablex is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'm the same I guess. I have no experience in programming but I really want to see the project continue. Also, I doubt Zynox will give the source code even if people ask him nicely. I believe he's a persistent guy.

Silco is offline Mentor

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with him not sharing source code, I'm a programmer I know I would probably be fine updating it but like himself I wouldn't have the time to nor would I have the interest to. Its understandable, unless he knows a programmer he can truly trust the project won't be rebooted.

The-Guardian is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couldn't he release the source code under some sort of license to prevent people from selling it? Giving him legal blah blah blah over it? Does he not realize how big of an impact this is? It's like letting your friend borrow your car all the time and when you get a new one, instead of giving it to your friend or selling it, you decide to trash it for shits and giggles, creating a losing situation for everybody else.

ScruffyTheJanitor is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Source code for the current version of FPB has already been obtained and handed over to someone with the necessary skills to continue the project. If he thought that ditching FPB would stop hacking on LoL he was sadly mistaken.

timtendo1 is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's good news Scruffy. Any info on where we can find it updated once they get the ball rolling?

ScruffyTheJanitor is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by timtendo1 View Post
    That's good news Scruffy. Any info on where we can find it updated once they get the ball rolling?
    FPB currently works and will continue to until next patch, and no website has been set up as of yet to redistribute. Efforts will be made to ensure the new client includes fully automatic updating (no more down time between LoL patches), but other than that it will very much be the old FPB for the time being.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast