Age of Empires Online - ASM Sources [Memory Hacking]

This is a discussion on Age of Empires Online - ASM Sources [Memory Hacking] within the Other Games board part of the RPGs, MMORPGs, Online Strategy Games category; Well this has nothing really todo with coding but with pure logic. You'll have to play your way to the ...

Page 2 of 108 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    supex0 is offline Banned User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well this has nothing really todo with coding but with pure logic. You'll have to play your way to the quests that are very valuable and then dump the whole quest. Later when having some other quest, simply load the dumped code into the current quest's address. Voila, you got yourself the valuable quest once again, with full reward etc.

Also make sure to enable the xlive patches, without them you're pretty limited to what you can edit in memory and whatnot.

You can basically execute them anywhere you like.

alotagals2 is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have it working now thanks, i took out just the questpointer line and it works. I can't firgure out how to keep being able to do the same quest though, i assume this would mean that a quest that has a 12 hour per play restriction can be overrided and played over and over?

Thanks for your help man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Youre most certainly welcome :P I could've said "take the line out and it'll work", but that wouldn't really be something you could learn from.

No, don't think about those limitations the game gives you. The fun thing about hacking is to break limitations so you can do more and more things noone else is able to.

I've said it twice already on how to achieve this. somewhere in the code, there is an assembly register which contains the pointer to the questaddress. That questaddress contains data for the current quest.
    You can do everything with it. You can make the goal different, set the timer to another time if the quest has a timer and so on. You can also simply swap all the data in there with data from another quest which you've logged earlier and it will permanently swap the quest you had with the one you swapped it with.
    Example: you do some quest in your hometown which gives you 5.000EXP, do that magic I've mentioned above and it will change its whole quest to another one which gives you, for example, 130.000EXP.
    There is no limitation whatsoever.

Unfortunately you can't change the amount of the reward yourself, but this is as close as you can get to get max exp out of the game.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah that makes sense, I can see what it is you are asking me to do but what I don't understand is how to get the quest pointer. You say somewhere in the code but I don't understand what code. Does cheat engine show you the code in the game memory being used?

I have basic knowledge of how to code but i don't understand cheat engine and how to see the games code in order to take the quest pointer.

Oh and before i forget, the code for resource cheat kicks you out to the log in screen so the game must be detecting it now.

Again, I appreciate the help, its hard to find genuine people willing to teach others these days

timmiedinnie is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome, they work great.

only I tried inserting the no-fog with the 10k gold source code on several places, but it just crashes everytime.

Could you give me a direction of where to put it in the source code?

DariusX is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of them work fine he has given you all the info you need. If you try it out yourself, you will learn something. I did.

I have 1 question, do you think there is any possiblity to incresase the amount of tech points. Its my biggest annoyance in game have to respec when I need boats etc. Ive tried to find it but im guessing its server side and not possible.

TY!

Edit , I did find it, easily actually, I maxed the tech tree out! Thanks for provoking me to learn a bit.

Edit 2 , I could max the techs out but couldnt save it...
    Last edited by DariusX; 05-03-2012 at 09:01 AM. Reason: update

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alotagals2 View Post
    Oh yeah that makes sense, I can see what it is you are asking me to do but what I don't understand is how to get the quest pointer. You say somewhere in the code but I don't understand what code. Does cheat engine show you the code in the game memory being used?

I have basic knowledge of how to code but i don't understand cheat engine and how to see the games code in order to take the quest pointer.

Oh and before i forget, the code for resource cheat kicks you out to the log in screen so the game must be detecting it now.

Again, I appreciate the help, its hard to find genuine people willing to teach others these days

I've put a note in the code at page 1 saying exactly what you'd need. You will need understanding of ASM to achieve this though.

Here's some help:
    The register ESI contains the Pointer of the Quest, The offset 0x14 is holding the information on to how many of x you have to have until you've completed your quest.
    Meaning [ESI+14].
    The pointer alone sits in ESI itself.
    You would achieve getting the pointer to the quest by modifiying the memory like this:
    PHP Code:
    label(questpointer//create a new label which we can use for naming specific memory addresses, in this case 4 Empty bytes in which we will store the questpointer
    registersymbol(questpointer//Make the label an actual "symbol", which we can access later by typing in "questpointer" in the memory view, address list etc

newmem//the allocated memory in which we can write the "hijacked code" and our code
    (normal code// "hijacked code", it still needs to be executed even though we detoured it

//now lets put in our code
    mov [questpointer],esi

(exit code)
    jmp returnhere

//here we can store non-executable stuff, like the questpointer
    questpointer:
    db 00 00 00 00 // 4 empty bytes 
    With a little adjustment you can set all parts together with the original code from the first post.

You can access the questpointer afterwards by adding it to the address list (Add Address Manually > Check on Pointer > Address of Pointer > "questpointer" without quotes).
    Now you can setup stuff like type, I'd suggest Array of bytes.
    And if you put 14 into the "Offsets"-input, you'll see the questgoal in the address list.

Really? Well, seems like they're getting damn fast in fixing vulnerabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by timmiedinnie View Post
    Awesome, they work great.

only I tried inserting the no-fog with the 10k gold source code on several places, but it just crashes everytime.

Could you give me a direction of where to put it in the source code?
    Well I've put it in the "get 10000 resources" code. Try it right underneath "pushad". Every line needs to be executed one line after another.

Quote Originally Posted by DariusX View Post
    All of them work fine he has given you all the info you need. If you try it out yourself, you will learn something. I did.

I have 1 question, do you think there is any possiblity to incresase the amount of tech points. Its my biggest annoyance in game have to respec when I need boats etc. Ive tried to find it but im guessing its server side and not possible.

TY!

Edit , I did find it, easily actually, I maxed the tech tree out! Thanks for provoking me to learn a bit.

Edit 2 , I could max the techs out but couldnt save it...
    The real amount of Techpoints is stored serversided.

When you've maxed out the techs, were you able to use every 'advantage'? If so, it wouldn't be necessary to have it saved because you could just write code that gives you all techs. Like some sort of "God of Techs"-Code.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to supex0 For This Useful Post:

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lot for your help man, Ive been playing around with this for a while now and haven't had any good results. What i'm exactly trying to achieve is to get marion (the 6 day repeatable legendary quest) to be replaced with a greek quest that repeats more often like every 6 hours such as the bonus homecity quest where u have to heard bella back into the pen. As marion gives the best gear and gives 10l it would be nice to do it more often than every 6 days

bargiddle is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont think thats how it works, unless i misread what he was saying.

to me it seems like you find the id for a certain quest, and then can make it so that every quest you complete, be it a level 1 quest or whatever, gives the same reward as that quest you chose. so you would find the id for the 6 day repeatable you wanted, and then make it so that every quest you complete gives the reward that the weekly quest normally would.

im having trouble as well. i cant figure out how to find the quest pointer, and even if i was able to find it, i also dont know how to make other quests give me that reward any help would be awesome as im not exactly the best with coding and whatnot

if anyone at all has this figured out and wouldnt mind explaing it a bit to me, i would love you forever if you could PM me, or just post it here <3
    Last edited by bargiddle; 05-05-2012 at 11:41 PM.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah i think your right, still can't figure out how to do this, If anyone finds out how to do it can they explain exactly how to do it with the marion quest for greek civ. I am not familiar with cheat engine and the code being used here so if anyone figures it out can you explain it as though you are teaching an idiot lol.

Thanks

Page 2 of 108 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast