Age of Empires Online - ASM Sources [Memory Hacking]

This is a discussion on Age of Empires Online - ASM Sources [Memory Hacking] within the Other Games board part of the RPGs, MMORPGs, Online Strategy Games category; re: "God of Techs"-Code. That would be awsome but maybe above my level, an easier way I was thinking now ...

Page 3 of 108 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    DariusX is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    re: "God of Techs"-Code.

That would be awsome but maybe above my level, an easier way I was thinking now is to reduce the value of each tech to 1. Im not sure if its possible but I'll try.

I noticed your remove fog/blackmap works great with zeus/actaeon combo, no more need to worry about LOS. TY again!

Gold is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I get the Questpointer but what should I do with it?
    Everything I try ends in a crash or nothing happens...

Edit: I don't got it ...
    Last edited by Gold; 05-06-2012 at 07:03 PM.

alotagals2 is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Ive been playing with this trying to work it out, I think its boiled down to the question of how to get the quest pointer data. I don.t know how to find this value in order to change it.

Again, all im trying to do is make marion playable all the time, I dont know how but i want to be able to get the rewards for this quest more often than 6 days cuz its a long wait

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

"I've put a note in the code at page 1 saying exactly what you'd need. You will need understanding of ASM to achieve this though.

Here's some help:
    The register ESI contains the Pointer of the Quest, The offset 0x14 is holding the information on to how many of x you have to have until you've completed your quest.
    Meaning [ESI+14].
    The pointer alone sits in ESI itself.
    You would achieve getting the pointer to the quest by modifiying the memory like this:
    PHP Code:
    label(questpointer) //create a new label which we can use for naming specific memory addresses, in this case 4 Empty bytes in which we will store the questpointer
    registersymbol(questpointer) //Make the label an actual "symbol", which we can access later by typing in "questpointer" in the memory view, address list etc

newmem: //the allocated memory in which we can write the "hijacked code" and our code
    (normal code) // "hijacked code", it still needs to be executed even though we detoured it

//now lets put in our code
    mov [questpointer],esi

(exit code)
    jmp returnhere

//here we can store non-executable stuff, like the questpointer
    questpointer:
    db 00 00 00 00 // 4 empty bytes

With a little adjustment you can set all parts together with the original code from the first post.

You can access the questpointer afterwards by adding it to the address list (Add Address Manually > Check on Pointer > Address of Pointer > "questpointer" without quotes).
    Now you can setup stuff like type, I'd suggest Array of bytes.
    And if you put 14 into the "Offsets"-input, you'll see the questgoal in the address list."
    This is what im playing with, ive tried executing that code u gave me here but it tells me theres something wrong with "newmen:" line saying the address specifier is not valid. Please help me out here, I have no idea what i can do to get this quest pointer

Rubberjohnny is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, thank you for your time supex0. This is a fantastic post. I have learned a little about the ASM. The issue I think everyone is having is locating the questpointer. For instance, i'd like to do quests and get the legendary recapture marion quest rewards. Whats the first thing I would need to do? I see the syntax for the instant win quest how would I search for the address's for the questpointer.

I have reading a little on the auto assembler. I learned about some of the commands but thats about it. Searching for address's in this instance static is beyond me.

I know that

1. Every time you log into a race the questpointer changes.
    2. Searching for text of the quest title does not work.

Everything else has worked except reveal map. This one id love to get down

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reveal map is used with the 10.000 resources code, put it right under the "pushad" line and it works. Supex0 answered this in the second page in this forum.

Your trying to do exactly the same thing as me . Im visiting this forum often, eagerly awaiting an answer to this problem everyone is having

aoeo_lover is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Supex0, You provided a lot of codes, which is working and thanks a lot for that. Can you please provide a little bit more so that we can make the 12 hour repeatable quests always available plz? It will make us getting more n more gears. I am not from Computer Science background and don't understand those codes, but it helped me a lot already to get good gears, however I cant edit them .

Also "Enemies Defeated" quests aren't working, as well as Skirmish Hall Quests aren't working too. Can you please look into this if you can make little more modifications to help us please ?

bargiddle is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    quests that require a number of things defeated will work. like Kill Fortresses X/X, will be set to 0/0 and completed automatically.

things that say stuff like Enemies Defeated, and other things that arent given a number wont be

Rubberjohnny is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bargiddle View Post
    quests that require a number of things defeated will work. like Kill Fortresses X/X, will be set to 0/0 and completed automatically.

things that say stuff like Enemies Defeated, and other things that arent given a number wont be
    What he said. To learn a little the variables of the quest are modified. The codes default is set at 00 which means it will always be /0. For quests like reach 200 population just modify the variable to 01. this will make */1. I was messing around and started punching in random letters and numbers always in two. In example "6C". This changes the quest objective. Like the quest pointers these variables do different things every time except for 00-14. In short, stick with the default.

aoeo_lover is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok. Any help on how to make repeatable quests always appear ?

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been switching the "esi+14" line around, changing the value of 14, It doesnt seem to matter what the value of this is, the quest still instantly finishes. Ive only managed to crash the game over and over haha. I think we need to come up with a line of code that changes what ESI is, not the +14 part. Whatever the value that is held in ESI is must be what the questpointer is...

HOW DO I GET THIS VALUE!!? Haha this is driving me nuts

Page 3 of 108 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast