How to refund Amazon

This is a discussion on How to refund Amazon within the Real Life Hacks board part of the General category; Hate to break it to you guys but the carrier does record all these reports and if they see there ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Flash is offline Premium Member

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hate to break it to you guys but the carrier does record all these reports and if they see there is a pattern, they can take you to court or refuse to ship items to you.

Solid007 is offline Banned User Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Hate to break it to you guys but the carrier does record all these reports and if they see there is a pattern, they can take you to court or refuse to ship items to you.
    Yes you are correct, that's why you can't be a retard when attempting to do this.

ALTHOUGH, the carrier only keeps a record if an investigation is filed by Amazon. Therefore if the price of the item is not that expensive they will give a refund right of the bat without filing an investigation, in that instance the carrier won't receive any notice of the shipping claim. You can do a lot of them, just not a lot at the same time. I've had about one USPS Claim, Four UPS Claims, and one FedEX Claim at my old address over the past three years. I'm assuming they use your name as part of the record along with your address.

Quote Originally Posted by NewfieModder View Post
    do you have a skype, could i add you and ask you some questions on how to do it?
    Yes PM me and I will give you my Skype if you still need help.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamHacks View Post
    In Germany we have to sign that we got the package and if we don't do it the delivery people will most likely do it
    That sucks, although I do not live in Germany I know of people in the EU that have shipping claimed. I'm assuming they used the old excuse of "The box was empty" or "The box just had this heavy piece of wood/metal in it".

There are way's around everything.

Quote Originally Posted by koshaan View Post
    and what about outside US?
    Should work anywhere, just depending on how your carrier is. If they require you to sign then sign and use the excuse of the box was empty or I received something I did not order (I have used this excuse before).

Justin is offline Moderator from the Future

Array
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or just be good citizens and not be cheap enough to not pay for the goods. I mean it's a decent tip and all if you're willing to risk it.. assumptions.

Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sippin on duty View Post
    Bro your post hunting chill
    I'd watch your own posts before saying someone else is "Post hunting". 90% of yours are off topic and irrelevant.

But hey, what do I know, I didn't check or anything.

Also, in the US, they require signatures for most. If the package is sent to a business...you need a signature. If it is considered a high value item...you need a signature. If the delivery address has a lost package claim attached to it, or of the address is in an area that has produced a significant number of claims...you need a signature. Even at the delivery drivers discretion you could have to sign.

This method would probably work once, maybe twice if amazon and the mail business are stupid.

Not sure how it would work in other countries, but in the US, the chances are rather slim of it succeeding more than once.

@kent

Malish is offline YAH

Array
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ackword2014 View Post
    Or just be good citizens and not be cheap enough to not pay for the goods. I mean it's a decent tip and all if you're willing to risk it.. assumptions.
    ahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhah aha *cough* hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah he
    U legit?

In Norway they break 5% of the stuff that they transport
    " [28-09, 00:51] Matt: I use wire brushes on my grill, she likes it."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I'd watch your own posts before saying someone else is "Post hunting". 90% of yours are off topic and irrelevant.

But hey, what do I know, I didn't check or anything.

Also, in the US, they require signatures for most. If the package is sent to a business...you need a signature. If it is considered a high value item...you need a signature. If the delivery address has a lost package claim attached to it, or of the address is in an area that has produced a significant number of claims...you need a signature. Even at the delivery drivers discretion you could have to sign.

This method would probably work once, maybe twice if amazon and the mail business are stupid.

Not sure how it would work in other countries, but in the US, the chances are rather slim of it succeeding more than once.
    In my experience under $300 usually doesn't require a signature from Amazon. It also depends on the company. Some companies ship items that require a signature for $1 items. Amazon on the other hand you can order something such as a PS4 and there is a very good chance they'll just drop it off.

Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    ahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhah aha *cough* hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah he
    U legit?

In Norway they break 5% of the stuff that they transport
    In US they break 30% of stuff they ship.

@kent

Sackratte is offline Advanced Hacker

Array
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    In US they break 30% of stuff they ship.
    In germany 88
    greetz Sackratte

Original is offline #1 Bieber Fan

Array
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sippin on duty View Post
    Bro your post hunting chill
    You talking about me?... Or whaaat?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please keep this thread in-discussion and not off topic.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast