how to make toast far,far,far, away [real life hacking]

This is a discussion on how to make toast far,far,far, away [real life hacking] within the Real Life Hacks board part of the General category; THIS IS FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSE'S ONLY!!!!! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR STUPIDITY!!!! this is another of my guides on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    35yeros is offline Im still on a Boat.
    Array
    N38°52'14" W77°03'19" its funny because it might be true
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[How To] Make Toast Far, Far Away

THIS IS FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSE'S ONLY!!!!! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR STUPIDITY!!!!
    this is another of my guides on how to hack real life, as always don't copy this without crediting d3scene.

the support shell can be used to launch anything, just change the calculations to fit the weight, and vola!! you have a support shell. to view the support shell skematics...http://www.d3scene.com/forum/blogs/3...ort-shell.html

warning: this project is really time consuming and takes money, its also insane.:biggrin:
    intro: i originally made this as a joke, and on a bet that i couldn't do it, but i did and here it is. this is exactly what it says it is, it does work. so if i see anyone posting here say that they don't think this works i will pray that a flying toaster hits them in the head.
    this guide uses alot of science, and shows how much effort i put into this "real life hacking" stuff. this took 2 mouths to develop, and alot of patience. so you can post under this *cough* no life *cough* (heck i would if i hadnt made this) but just know, that this is a great waste of 79 bucks :biggrin:

legal: i honestly don't know...as your about to see its not that safe, but it doesn't break any laws i know of.
    it uses Gravitational Self Propulsion , which isn't illegal, and hey, its not harmful to the envelopments =)
    but it might piss some ppl at nasa off.....ill explain later.
    and don't go making hundreds of support shells and shooting them off, you'll hit a plane and hurt someone, alatho, that would make a great cnn story.

definition: i took a normal toaster made by macys, and well, made it fly, by it self.

now i know what your thinking, "what is this kid smoking, and were can i get some????"
    answer: i ant smoking.
    and about Gravitational Self Propulsion, ill explain it later, you might actually learn some cool stuff form this guide!!!

project: your going to need alot of creativity in this project because some of these parts your going to have to make. also, be patient it may not work at first. also, you will need to crunch alot of numbers and equations, if you cant do them, then get an Asian kid to, if he cant do them, then give it an educated guess.

you need:
    a toaster, (a double slice one, not a 4 slice one, those are way to heavy)
    a calculator (to do math on)
    alot of paper (to write your equations on)
    a decent understanding on Gravitational Self Propulsion.
    tin foil
    scissors
    a mobile internet card that works!!!!
    50 model of rocket engine's. (but they need to have 6n of force or greater, however they cant exceed 45n per engine, as that would require a coolant system)
    heavy duty duct tape
    hot glue
    get one of these, (yes you really need it) X10 Appliance Module for Wireless, Remote Appliance Control - Only $12.99
    sodering iron
    High Power IR Array
    a small led
    a telescope (you really need it)
    2 9v battery
    1 20v batterir, (or something to power the toaster for a short time)
    .1uF or .01uF Ceramic Capacitor
    Scrap Hookup Wire
    access to this page Toasters: The Inside Story. (i refer to alot of toaster parts that you will need to find on toaster.org

project:
    first strip the toaster down, i.e. take the cardboard pieces out, but don't wreck them, some parts can be used in other projects, and can be used a improvising on this project.
    don't cut !! the wire holding the cardboard heating wire and the input jack i (see the toaster site on what that is)
    snap the porcelain/metal/what ever clip in half. use wire cutters, it its metal, use a hammer if its porcelain
    pull out guide wires
    leave the fan in!!!! thats going to help later
    take off any excess weight, i.e. the metal side, the handles, and other stuff just keep it because like i said, you can use it later.

so you got a stripped toaster........now what?

ok so in case you haven't caught on...your going to be launching this toaster into space.
    ya thats right, space, like a sattlitte.

so now your really like what is this kid smoking and i didn't know drugs were that strong.
    well once aging i ant lien', nor smoking.

ok now soder the LED to the wire is before the heating element but don't solder the heating element.
    plug the toaster in, dont turn the heat on, just plug it in, the led should light up.
    unplug it

now soder the 20v batterie (or what ever you used) to the normal cord, (what you owuld plug into the wall) and then try to power on the toaster, it should work. but turn it off right as you see that it works, you want to save the battire power.
    then break open the wireless internet card and do a few things:
    attack a wire to it and the 20v (or what ever you used) so it can turn on, and stay on.
    next make sure you can connect to it, you should be able to.
    then try and email the card, you should be able to, and the LED on my verizon card turned blue, meaning it received.
    no set up that X10 with the wireless internet card, so you can connect to the card, turn the X10 on, and have the toaster plugged in, so now you should be able to wirelesssly turn the toaster on.

then build a support shell
    http://www.d3scene.com/forum/blogs/3...ort-shell.html

mods to the shell:
    mount the infrared somewhere on the rocket, this is going to be the tracking device so you can see were your shell went.

place the toaster inside, and before you seal it in, put some bread in the slots. and make a holding place for it, if you don't reinforce it enough, the toaster will ripp out the back of the rocket when its launched, so you'll have a free falling toaster. so reinforce it at least 3 times with tin foil.

launch:
    wait for a clear and sunny day, (its summer shouldn't be that hard)
    and look around for anything that might interfere with your launch
    i.e. planes, birds, so on
    the launch using the standered electric launch system that should come with your rocket engines.
    and vola, wait 10 minutes, and connect to the card, don't turn the toaster on!!!
    only turn the toaster on when your about to lose signal strength, (either cause its going so high, or the battery is dieing) then activate it

and thats it, you read this whole thing. i hope you had fun :azn:
    Last edited by Ryan; 05-02-2008 at 04:43 PM.
    When in doubt, empty the magazine, They dont pay you to bring home bullets

Kevin is offline guy

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who the hell'd want to waste 79$ when you can hack in a virtual computer world xD

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well i didnt pay for the stuff, i borrowed it from places. (ill return it at a later date)
    and i cant hack virtual stuf that well, so i rlh.

Dead is offline :D
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow i didnt read almost all of it but its pretty awsome i wonder if me and my friends would ever try this..
    Favorite So Far, Made by Blane

Newest
    GFX DIT

Volund is offline Banned

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hum... my neighbor would like this....

The Pope is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Real-Life Hacking you say? Interesting...very interesting..

sig made by freshfish

Volund is offline Banned

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    zomg, pope is back.

The Pope is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    zomg dont tell ne1!!!!11!!one!1

sig made by freshfish

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey pope, have a fun tour of the us? lol.
    yes i am trying ot get a real life hacking section started on here by realsing guides and showing how cool they are, check out my new one on how to make aliens.

pelvis92 is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Who the hell'd want to waste 79$ when you can hack in a virtual computer world xD
    what do u mean virtual computer world hacking

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast