how to make a rocket propelled skateboard

This is a discussion on how to make a rocket propelled skateboard within the Real Life Hacks board part of the General category; note, this project is in parts, this is the only part so far, all other parts will be added to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    35yeros is offline Im still on a Boat.
    Array
    N38°52'14" W77°03'19" its funny because it might be true
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb how to make a rocket propelled skateboard

note, this project is in parts, this is the only part so far, all other parts will be added to the bottom of this area. i am relaseing this in parts becasue this is a giant project, and is going to take more than one sitting for me to type, be patient while i make the other parts, and because i have to make this as fool proff as possible, plz be patient :biggrin:

part 2 relase date: may 20-23 2008
    part 3 relase date: june 1-3 2008

:shocked::shocked::shocked:this is another of my gudies on how to mod everday stuff :biggrin:
    take extra time to check all valves and regulators when using this project, and always were your dam helmet!! buy a sexy one so you dont look goobish!!!
    also, you can buy a rocket board form me, but i cant sell the hydrogen tanks, becasue i cant mail them, so you would have to come and get them, i will sell the board, but it weights alot, and will cost some big bucks to ship international
    once agian, check all regulators and valves, as well as tubes for holes, i am saying this becasue if you actually copy this design you will have 5,000 pounds of hydrogen at your disposal, and when you get a small hole in your tube(s) and 5,000 pounds goes throuhg it in an instat, your going to be screwed. :shocked:(:shocked:(:shocked:(:shocked:

:police: legal: dont use this in a crowded place.....(duh) if you land on someone, they will be hurting pretty bad.
    this is probally legal everwere, aslong as your gov lets you have hydrogen, and skateboards, you should be fine.
    but as i said before use a helmet, any one is fine, but its better to use a motorcross style one, becasue those are hella durable, and are built to take alot of force before breaking, keep in mind, you can go very fast, and if a valve jamms open, you wont be able to stop...and trust me when your going fast, its hard ot stop.

:laugh: pre project: find a place were you can refill your tank with hydrogen, if you cant, dont do this project!!!! its just to hard!!!
    use a decent skateboard, one that perfirblaly, wont break, if you do lots of high jumps eventually the board will break, but the board lasts longer if you use a good board.

definiton: your going to be attacking rokect bosters to a skateboard, and using hydrogen to get the iron man effect!!!:laugh:

parts needed for part 1:
    hydrogen tank

alot of metal water proff/ air tight, steel tubing. it should be flexible but

extremly durable. and make sure it is air tight, and that it can hold lots of psi.
    a regulator the connects to the tank so you can make sure its pure hydrogen coming out. it looks like this

basically that will only allow near solid hydrogen to pass though it,
    you will also need 4 mini pulseating jet engines, but thats part 2

so here you going to connect the tank to the hose then the hose to the regulator, and make sure the tubing can go alll the way form your back to the board and back to your back, this will ensure that you have enough, and yes you can link pipe togather, but make srue it is oober tight, you really dont want it coming lose.

and thats all for this part....this was just an intro, and a little check, becasue if you dont have these things done the rest of the parts wont help you. and to give you a little undernstanding on how powerful hydrogen is.

When in doubt, empty the magazine, They dont pay you to bring home bullets

Volund is offline Banned

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why don't you just use an oxygen tank?

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good question.
    the jet engines use hydrogen to combust, and as far as i know oxygen doesnt combust at a quick enough rate to produce lift.

Volund is offline Banned

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ah, I just use O2 tanks pointed at an angle to the ground, and I get lots of forward thrust.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats what i orgionally was doing but then i used a flame on the end of the tail pipe, and chow i got even more forwards thrust, but i dont think a flame will work that well wiht O2, espically if you let out to much, becasue that wil blow your flame out.

Volund is offline Banned

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    O2 is flammable, but the proportions would be wrong for good distance really.

the compressed gas on it's own is propulsion enough (there are a few mythbuster episodes featuring compressed O2 as a propellant.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i know its falmmable, but what i was tring to say is it's not efficant in my opinion, and i can get hydrogen for free so i use hydrogen, and isnt O2 really expensive?

Fantasticman is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i use mortors............... It takes a while but soon i will be moving at a speed rate at 5 mph
    Friendship is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling it brings

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    o2 and hydrogen is loads faster lol, what kind of motor do you use? lawn-mower?

Fantasticman is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol, yeah.. but only problem is right when i pull the motor it just fly's instantly at about 15 mph!!!!!!!!!!!! lol, it's fun though
    Friendship is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling it brings

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast