live inside of and control your dreams(long, but worth it)

This is a discussion on live inside of and control your dreams(long, but worth it) within the Real Life Hacks board part of the General category; Originally Posted by klohim I did this once I was a kid. Saw Spiderman, and as I knew Spiderman wasn't ...

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klohim View Post
    I did this once I was a kid. Saw Spiderman, and as I knew Spiderman wasn't real I said to myself in my dream, this is just a dream. And then I woke up, it was pretty funny, and I will always remember itAfter that I had many dreams about flying through cities (many years). It gave me butterflies in my stomach and such, and I knew that it was a dream all along.The dream would start with me levitating until the height was fine for me, then I would start to accelerate. The feeling of that was so great, I can't dream like that anymore though.
    when i dreamed i was flying, i'd have to flap my arms like a bird to do it, and get a running start. so lame. now im all likevampire float and shit

procrusher is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to try this tonight

FurbsLT is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well is succeeed without all this reality checks, but its hard way.
    when u go to sleep try to dont move and keep ur minds awake i mean counting or smthing like that if u manage after 30 mins u should start dreaming.
    U can make this task easier - at nigh firts sleep 3 hours and then try to lucid dream ( use alarm clock or whatew)

sofydofy is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hm, oddly enough... I feel that I've already mastered this as since I was a child i could hear something or look at something and just make my own world basically...like just look around and be able to add my own shit into my "world".. but i never had more than 5 fingers or any shit...and I didn't have to be asleep... soo...tanx for the topic, but I guess it won't be much help here sadly.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sofydofy For This Useful Post:

cronik is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always wanted to control my dreams.. this is insanely hard though.

vanco98 is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont know about you guys but i have been doing this since i was 4 years old. It was never hard for me. As a kid i reaaly liked superman so whenever i had a bad dream the letter Z apeared 3 times and my dream changed. It really helps to have a great imagination

NumbZone is offline Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    How do food help enhance lucidity ?
    Vitamin B6 does not enhance lucidity, but rather increases vividness of your dreams.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    For any who are still trying this out, or have mastered it already .. I have a quick question. It seems like I can recognize when I am dreaming more and more often now. There are some when I dont but Im not really trying to do this every dream haha. When I do know its a dream, I can literally think. I think to myself "this is a fuckin dream" but then thats it .. I cant seem to realize that its not reality. Even though I can sometimes clearly think its a dream, I still for some reason only watch the dream unfold itself before my eyes, and not try to control it.

Anyone else have this issue ?
    Maybe you're subconsciously unsure whether or not you have the power to control your dream, rather you're supposed to just let it happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by vanco98 View Post
    I dont know about you guys but i have been doing this since i was 4 years old. It was never hard for me. As a kid i reaaly liked superman so whenever i had a bad dream the letter Z apeared 3 times and my dream changed. It really helps to have a great imagination
    That's a great gift to have. I barely ever dream, or remember my dreams, and feel like I'm missing out on something that i spend one third of my life doing...

Ryan is offline Ubiquitous

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those of you who are trying but can not succeed .. I can NOT say these two things enough;

1) Write down your shit when you wake up ! It sounds tedious .. I thought so too, but believe me, once you start to write down what your dream was, you can really start filling up a page or two with so much detail it will blow your mind when you read it again later on in life.

2) Reality checks !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now with the reality check, here what worked for me .. the good ol' iPhone ! Here's how; about every so often (when I remembered) I would check my phone for the time, then press the button on top to make the screen black (Sleep mode) then check it again. When you are awake, it seems tedious but no one knows what youre really doing, and when your dreaming, the second time you check the time it will be different text in that place. Now when I first did this in my dream, I didnt even notice until I had already awaken. For some reason, it seemed like it was just life and that I was doing a reality check as normal, but when the time was now a half hour after I told myself "Oh must have been a half hour already"

PATIENCE is crucial.
    Last edited by Ryan; 10-07-2011 at 01:03 AM.

Marios Constantinou is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice !!

Ryan is offline Ubiquitous

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FurbsLT View Post
    Well is succeeed without all this reality checks, but its hard way.
    when u go to sleep try to dont move and keep ur minds awake i mean counting or smthing like that if u manage after 30 mins u should start dreaming.
    U can make this task easier - at nigh firts sleep 3 hours and then try to lucid dream ( use alarm clock or whatew)
    I actually just now saw your post, and I had a question .. because last night I lay there for a good while (Before I closed my eyes, the time was ~1am, when i opened them, time was 1:55am

During that almost hour period, I noticed it felt like only 20 minutes, which surprised me at first. I also noticed my thoughts were getting "louder" and I wouldnt call it dreaming, but my thoughts were starting to play out like a reactment right in the infinite void of blackness you see when you close your eyes, which is why I opemned them up hehe.

My question would be, was I doing it right ?

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast