Ok first a lesson on what Potassium Nitrate is. Potassium nitrate is a chemical compound with the chemical formula KNO3. It is the oxidizing component of black powder and when mixed with sugar can be used to create smoke bombs.
Ok so its pretty cool stuff, but how do u make it o.0
You're gonna need:
· 3˝ gallons of nitrate bearing earth or other material ( Soil containing old decayed vegetable or animal matter — old cellars/farm floors, earth from old burial grounds, decayed stone or mortar building foundations. )
· ˝ cup of wood ashes ( about 1/5 cup )
· Bucket or other similar container about 4-5 gallons in volume
· 2 pieces of finely woven cloth, each a bit bigger than the bottom of the bucket
· Shallow dish or pan at least as large in diameter as the bucket
· Shallow, heat resistant container
· 2 gallons of water
· Something to punch holes in the bottom of the bucket
· 1 gallon of any type of alcohol
· A heat source
· Paper & tape
1. Punch holes on the inside bottom of the bucket, so that the metal is "puckered" outward from the bottom.
2. Spread cloth over the holes from the bottom.
3. Place wood ashes on the cloth. Spread it out so that it covers the entire cloth and has about the same thickness.
4. Place 2nd cloth on top of the wood ashes.
5. Place the dirt or other material in the bucket.
6. Place the bucket over the shallow container. NOTE: It may need support on the bottom so that the holes on the bottom are not blocked.
7. Boil water and pour it over the earth very slowly. Do NOT pour it all at once, as this will clog the filter on the bottom.
8. Allow water to run through holes into the shallow dish on the bottom.
9. Be sure that the water goes through ALL of the earth!
10. Allow water in dish to cool for an hour or so.
11. Carefully drain the liquid in the dish away, and discard the sludge in the bottom.
12. Boil this liquid over a fire for at least two hours. Small grains of salt will form - scoop these out with the paper as they form.
13. When the liquid has boiled down to ˝ its original volume let it sit.
14. After ˝ hour, add equal volume of the alcohol; when this mixture is poured through paper, small white crystals appear. This is the potassium nitrate.
1. Redissolve crystals in small amount of boiling water.
2. Remove any crystals that appear.
3. Pour through improvised filter then heat concentrated solution to dryness.
4. Spread out crystals and allow to dry.
Once the crystals have dried you can combine them with sugar and pack into a container for homemade smoke bombs. Other then that the crystals can be melted to string to make fuses or burned or exploded if sealed right.
Just got done searching the forums and Tresspass has a Smoke bomb tutorial tht uses potassium nitrate so im copy paste to here just for ez reference its still his guide k Just nice to have both together
Smoke Bomb BY TRESSPASS
relatively easy to do only two ingrediants, sugar and Potasium Nitrate (Saltpeter) you may be like WTF? POTAZIUM N1TRATS just go to home depot and buy a bottle of stump remover
Here is the recipe for one hell of a smoke bomb!
4 parts sugar
6 parts potassium nitrate (Salt Peter)
Heat this mixture over a LOW flame until it melts, stirring well. Pour it into a future container and, before it solidifies, imbed a few matches into the mixture to use as fuses. One pound of this stuff will fill up a whole block with thick, white smoke!