How to get free stuff from a shop

This is a discussion on How to get free stuff from a shop within the Real Life Hacks board part of the General category; Wanna have free stuff from a shop? Dont do it to much. step 1: Go to the shop. (it must ...

bartje01 is offline Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to get free stuff from a shop

Wanna have free stuff from a shop? Dont do it to much.

step 1: Go to the shop. (it must have a site where you can buy stuff.)
    step 2: Say that you had bought something of that shop of the site like a headset. ( Dont forget to look on the site first)
    step 3: say that it was like 2 months ago and you still dont have the headset. And tell them that you had payed.

NOw he probaly will ask some questions like your name. just tell your information.
    ANd when you are lucky, He will give you the headset. Sorry for my bad english

And it worked for me 2 times. 1 failure xD

Yanix is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I knew this like 3 years ago but its still neat but some stores have checks to prevent this, when something goes wrong, bring 2 phones with you and call the other one faking that you have an emergency or something, so he wont give you to the guards xD

rajputrulzz is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its a really old trik

bartje01 is offline Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ow... I did not know it was an old trick xD I found it out by myself

Hakan40 is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but this will work with apple cause i am gonna buy a mac

RogueNinja is offline Addict
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol well the other more controversial way is to walk in, stick it in your pocket and walk out... Don't do this. It's called stealing. Or thievery. Whatever floats your boat. Before the coppers shoot a hole in your boat and it sinks...

FreshXsitin is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they'll prolly ask for the order number u'r supposed to have received when u purchased online, what u say then? iguess it's better to actually order the thing foreal & say you did not received it, they got insurances with delivery companies so.

what i used to long time ago (when i was like 13yo & poor in the same vein , is switch the barcode between 2 items, i used to get games for cheap (like tha brand new one with the codebar from a discount 1) then resell the games in those street gaming for petty cash... i even bought a 3dfx card (when they was the hype for the price of a cheap soundcard... (but u got to b discreet, know security cameras dead spots & stuff, & go to a cashier who doesnt look to smart ahh thosewere funtimes.
    Once, i had the cash to buy my first NES, they were not warp-sealed, so i stuffed in a few extra "free-games" hehe

Now that they have those "self-service" registers, i can't imagine how much ppl are gonna cheat :]

ItzNitro is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once you have bought one item from them, it's easy to forge receipts and then claim free stuff. If you build a reputation on their site (by purchasing several items and being active etc) it then looks more legit when you claim that you've waited 2 months for your item -- and you can say to them "I've used your company before and I have always has good, prompt deliveries but I haven't even received this item!"

It's all about social-engineering.

My method for IRL shops is when you buy games. This is not 100% but it typically works. It's more for when you buy a game and you don't like it (I did it with Black Ops) or if shops sell Steam games, you can activate it online and then take it back with this method.

Prerequisites:

2 of the same shop (one out of town, one in town)
    Cash
    Confidence
    Charisma

What you do is buy a game in the store that it out of town, and then take it back to the out of town store and claim that it doesn't work. Then ask if you can have a credit note/cash because you would like to take it back to the shop in your town because it's closer etc., use your own excuses for that.

If they don't, they are obliged to replace your product. This typically means a sealed copy. If you were unsuccessful in gaining cash/credit note and you instead receive a sealed copy, return that sealed copy to the store in your town using the "duplicate gift" excuse, because it is still wrapped.

I, nor D3Scene, are liable for the resulting consequences and actions that may occur due to the use of the information disclosed in this post.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ItzNitro For This Useful Post:

Ryan is offline Ubiquitous

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshXsitin View Post
    they'll prolly ask for the order number u'r supposed to have received when u purchased online, what u say then? iguess it's better to actually order the thing foreal & say you did not received it, they got insurances with delivery companies so.

what i used to long time ago (when i was like 13yo & poor in the same vein , is switch the barcode between 2 items, i used to get games for cheap (like tha brand new one with the codebar from a discount 1) then resell the games in those street gaming for petty cash... i even bought a 3dfx card (when they was the hype for the price of a cheap soundcard... (but u got to b discreet, know security cameras dead spots & stuff, & go to a cashier who doesnt look to smart ahh thosewere funtimes.
    Once, i had the cash to buy my first NES, they were not warp-sealed, so i stuffed in a few extra "free-games" hehe

Now that they have those "self-service" registers, i can't imagine how much ppl are gonna cheat :]
    Self-registers use a method of weight. EX: If you scanned a pack of gum, and put a pack of soda in the bag to save 5 bucks .. the machine will lock up and wait for a cashier to come authorize the machine.
    Doing this prevents people from switching items, or adding items into the bag. This system does work, as I have been caught trying to add things in the bag. If you do what I did, just say "I thought it scanned, i was doing it fast," and they will not care. Honestly, the best way to get free things is through profit. Profit is money you have extra. But something off craigslist for cheap, like a used desk for hella cheap. Fix it up, and re sell it for more than what you paid. Some people call this method "flipping," and the truth is, it works.