1) Now for the fun part (and challenging part the first couple of times.) This may sound a little complicated at first, but after you do it 3 or 4 times, it's super easy. First things first, you must remove the front of your game drive on your PS2 (dont trip, its not a big deal, it can snap on and off). Its easier if you open the tray first, then pop it off.
2) Now insert your gameshark 2 cd (Usually the most common gameshark CD.) Make sure the gameshark memory card is in one of the 2 slots, doesn't matter which one
3) In the gameshark options, choose "start game", then "without". Your screen should read "please insert game disc, then press X to continue"
4) Now this part can be tricky for beginners, so practice makes makes perfect.
-the main purpose of this starting method is to open up the PS2 and swap the gameshark disk with your burned game without the PS2 knowing you did it. DO NOT press the eject button on the PS2!!!If the eject button is pressed, it sends a signal to the main motherboard of the PS2, which then will require a certain license on the disc to be able to play, which will result in a red screen saying "please insert a PS2 format disc."
-with the PS2 cd tray cover removed, you will be able to look in and see a while tab inside the PS2. With a credit card (or something like it) gently slide the white tab all the way over to the right, if you did it correctly, this should allow you to manually pull open the PS2 cd tray.
Now with the card, it is actually hard, and it took me a good while to realize there has to be a better way, well I found a youtube video showing you how make a "swap tool" for this exact thing. Link At Bottom.
5) Next, take the gameshark disk out of the PS2 and put in your burned game.
6) Gently push the PS2 cd tray fully back into the PS2 (Don't press the eject button).
7) Now you need to slide that white tab all the way back to the left (its original position). To do this you get a strong paper clip (needs to be a strong one, or it will snap or bend) stick it into the PS2 on the right side of the white tab and push the tab back to the left.
8) If you pushed the tab all the way back to the left and did every thing else right, you are ready to play your game. Just press X on your PS2 controller and watch as your burned game loads. ( It may load slower than an original game, depending on the cd-r you are using, I use Verbatim cd-r's and have no problems.)
Swap Tool Tutorial ( )