Training Your Body (Tips and Pointers)

This is a discussion on Training Your Body (Tips and Pointers) within the Real Life Hacks board part of the General category; Well I read in the last 2 days a lot about exercising and diets and all of those so called ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1
    mr_ice's Avatar
    mr_ice is offline ch4s with <3

    Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Croatia, Hrvatska
    Posts
    1,146
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    14
    Reputation
    1031

    Training Your Body (Tips and Pointers)

    Well I read in the last 2 days a lot about exercising and diets and all of those so called secrets. And all I can tell you that there is no secret, as soon as you see the word secret you can be 95% sure that its a scam.

    Why they are a scam is easy to tell especially in this kind of a thing. Its because each and every ones body is different not just by looks and metabolism also to the reaction to certain exercise. So if some exercise works for your friend it doesn't mean it will work the same way for you, you can get the same results faster or you will nee to double or triple the effort to get the same results as he.

    So to give you some pointers.

    You know how some people eat a shit loads of junk food and don't do almost any exercise and they have like only 50kg or more. You probably have a few friends like that and you probably envy them a bit but as everything in life that also has its good sides and bad sides.

    Then there is the other sort of people, the ones that have a slow metabolism. Those people lose weight very hard, for example I fall into this group of people and I remember that bec of certain stuff I starved myself for 4-5 days and did all the other things normally. Now the thing that happened is that I lost maybe a 1 kg or the most 2kg and then I gained 5-6 kg. So trust me diets are not the way to go.

    So most people would say that the first group is the best group to be and that the second group is the worst. Well that may and may not be true.

    You remember how I said how everything in life has its good and bad sides well Im going to explain the two groups in both good and bad sides.

    For example the first group they will probably never have a problem with extra weight while the second group will. Now when you start to train you will notice something:



    If you are from the first group:
    -you will probably lose more weight
    -you will gain less muscle mass then group 2 in the same amount of time

    If you are from the second group:
    -you will probably gain more weight
    -you will gain more muscle mass then group 1 in the same amount of time or even less

    Now you see how the good and bad points are starting to turn around when we come to building muscles part.

    Now if you are from group 2 do not use diets to lose weight that's only temporary and after the diet you will probably gain double the weight you lost.
    Instead convert that body mass in muscles it will be more easier then losing it, trust me.
    Now when you start your work out and you see you are gaining more weight and the muscles are showing do not panic about the extra weight bec you are not getting fatter.
    The reason you are heavier is bec muscle mass is heavier then fat.

    Now Im sorry Im not writing about the first group more but since Im not part of it I really don't have much experience on it all I can say that most of my friends that are from the first group train more their endurance then their muscle/body mass.

    So if you want to get buffed up you need to have a clear goal and push yourselves every day one lvl up or at least try to lift your limit.

    Forget it if you want to go to a gym just for a month and have a body of a greek god bec that's impossible and you are deluding yourself and bec of you will probably quit at 1/3 of a way.

    In order to get something you need to give something and always when your about to quit remember why are you doing it be it for a girl or be it to just beat the crap out of someone think about it so that it fires you up and gives you enough strength to at least make that extra one rep.

    I hope this will help some of you out there and I know I talked about it more generally then specifically but I hope to add more to this thread and I also hope that other members will add more so that we can help each other out to get better results.


  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mr_ice For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Kaskame is offline d(-_-)b

    Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    3,373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    16
    Reputation
    1486
    Diets are the way to go because a diet doesn't mean to eat less, it means to eat good!

    If you normally eat like chocolate and a lot of plastic food, of course you will get fat! But if you eat well, 6 times a day, have a nice breakfast, having a "caloric" day like maybe friday night or saturday, it will for sure help you A LOT, but rly A LOT in your quest to get fit!

    Each body (like Mr_Ice said) have it's own system, and if you try to understand how it works it will help you alot, try consulting a nutricionist to help you with that!
    Myself, lately haven't been with care with my food, but I should because I already see diferences!

    My "Diet" which is not really a diet is the following since I don't have independance to make my own launch and dinner and etc...

    After I wake up, I always eat some cereals or some bread with cheese and hum and a cup of milk.
    At around 11am-12am I eat something else, maybe some fruit or yogurt.
    At launch I eat what my parents do, or if I'm in school I always eat an hamburguer or some other thing since I don't have anything else around --'
    At around 4-5pm I eat some more bread or fruit.
    Before dinner I eat some snack or cookies, but that depends really..
    Dinner I eat what my parents do.
    Before going to sleep I always eat some cereals or something else...

    Of course I don't follow this stricly, but it is something like this and since I've been doing it, I notice the diferences, and has you can see on other thread, I changed a lot since the begin of this year!

    If you want a sexy body, you really need patient, because it will only happen after a year+ or less, really depends on the person

    So eat well, good exercise, relax and have fun!

    Btw the workout I do is "Spartan Workout" 3 days a week around 45~ minutes per day!
    And really eating is the most important part of losing weight!

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaskame For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    hanspirot is offline Banned User Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Serbia
    Posts
    172
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Reputation
    57
    There is no secrets everything is in your brain.

  6. #4
    Specs is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    354
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    7
    Reputation
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaskame View Post
    At launch i eat what my parents do, or if I'm in school I always eat an hamburguer or some other thing since i don't have anything else around --'
    Lunch is a good cut-out for a diet. Its the least nutrition meal of the day and its usually something real unhealthy such as Fast food or school lunches. I would recommend replacing lunch with some other "light healthy snack."
    By this i mean stuff such as
    1. Dairy Products

    • Ice cream "low fat" or a simple kind such as vanilla, other flavored kinds definitely isn't the best choice.

      Yogurt

      Cheese

    1. Fruit

    • Apples "NO CARMEL"

      Oranges

      Bananas

      Grapes


    The smallest changes are the ones that help best for you to be able to become more healthy and be in better shape.


    Also don't let temptations take over your decisions. One day you may think of eating something unhealthy such as fast food, to help you from doing this imagine an image of you in your head overweight and this fear could overcome your temptations.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Specs For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Kaskame is offline d(-_-)b

    Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    3,373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    16
    Reputation
    1486
    Quote Originally Posted by Specs View Post
    Lunch is a good cut-out for a diet. Its the least nutrition meal of the day and its usually something real unhealthy such as Fast food or school lunches. I would recommend replacing lunch with some other "light healthy snack."
    By this i mean stuff such as
    1. Dairy Products

    • Ice cream "low fat" or a simple kind such as vanilla, other flavored kinds definitely isn't the best choice.

      Yogurt

      Cheese

    1. Fruit

    • Apples "NO CARMEL"

      Oranges

      Bananas

      Grapes


    The smallest changes are the ones that help best for you to be able to become more healthy and be in better shape.


    Also don't let temptations take over your decisions. One day you may think of eating something unhealthy such as fast food, to help you from doing this imagine an image of you in your head overweight and this fear could overcome your temptations.
    Eating just a Dairy product or Fruit isn't that healthy, c'mon you need energy for the rest of 3-4h! You need to eat something stronger, an hamburguer is not really the best choice, but just an apple or so it's worst for a launch, I prefer to eat that for the snacks or with the launch/dinner.

    And I can prove you with my picture!



    Those diets were you cut some launchs and shit, is for people who doesn't do nothing in life, for a person that walks 1h/day atleast, workouts and shit, it's always better to eat some fast foods when you cannot eat other healthy food because you need the energy for your daily life!

    Today is my "caloric" day, this means I eat what I want!
    Btw it's good to have one, so your metabolic system doesn't get used just to a routine! And this will make the system get "confused" and burn more than it should...

    It's all about understanding your own system too

  9. #6
    Specs is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    354
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    7
    Reputation
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaskame View Post
    Eating just a Dairy product or Fruit isn't that healthy, c'mon you need energy for the rest of 3-4h! You need to eat something stronger, an hamburguer is not really the best choice, but just an apple or so it's worst for a launch, I prefer to eat that for the snacks or with the launch/dinner.
    Ye i get what your saying but,

    one of the main problems with some overweight people is that they eat 2 hamburgers (for example) a day - or in one meal its outrageous, It surely will give them the energy they need but they only will work out oh... One hour or One and half hours a day or less approximately? And thats nearly not long enough to burn off every one of those calories and thats where the jelly rolls start rolling


    Quote Originally Posted by Kaskame View Post
    an hamburguer is not really the best choice
    Maybe something like a peanut butter jelly sandwich or subway is more better for lunch? Its healthy, will give you energy that you need and won't be to difficult to burn off.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaskame View Post
    Today is my "caloric" day, this means I eat what I want!
    Btw it's good to have one, so your metabolic system doesn't get used just to a routine! And this will make the system get "confused" and burn more than it should...
    A free day is definitely good to, as long as you don't "over do it."

    btw i really want some yogurt now O_O

    Very nice results Kas (no homo)
    Last edited by Specs; 03-20-2011 at 01:56 AM.

  10. #7
    Kaskame is offline d(-_-)b

    Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    3,373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    16
    Reputation
    1486
    Quote Originally Posted by Specs View Post
    Ye i get what your saying but,

    one of the main problems with some overweight people is that they eat 2 hamburgers (for example) a day - or in one meal its outrageous, It surely will give them the energy they need but they only will work out oh... One hour or One and half hours a day or less approximately? And thats nearly not long enough to burn off every one of those calories and thats where the jelly rolls start rolling



    Maybe something like a peanut butter jelly sandwich or subway is more better for lunch? Its healthy, will give you energy that you need and won't be to difficult to burn off.


    A free day is definitely good to, as long as you don't "over do it."

    btw i really want some yogurt now O_O

    Very nice results Kas (no homo)
    My final objective is to get ripped in the end of this year, imma buying a product a friend of mine used so I can burn my fat faster.

    Well, when I said hamburguer doesn't mean it's only thing I eat, I do eat some tuna/pork sandwich too

    Another important thing is too drink a LOOOOOOOT of water, it really helps

  11. #8
    McPeon's Avatar
    McPeon is offline Da flying one

    Array
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    986
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    9
    Reputation
    437
    I almost see a sixpack there kaskame ;O
    Im in the first class, but dunno I was changing always.
    When I was born I was pretty "fat" (4kg I think thats alot even for a new born baby). Then I was skinny in the 1.st class. From the 2. to the 6. class I was again abit fat. Now in the 9th I'm again skinny and can eat so much I want D:
    I have to go to the gym to get maybe some weight and muscles >_<
    Last edited by McPeon; 03-20-2011 at 09:09 AM.

    R.I.P. NYAN!

  12. #9
    123hackerzz is offline Member
    Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    39
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    8
    Reputation
    3
    for a good work out, check out p90x

  13. #10
    Kaskame is offline d(-_-)b

    Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    3,373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    16
    Reputation
    1486
    Quote Originally Posted by McPeon View Post
    I almost see a sixpack there kaskame ;O
    Im in the first class, but dunno I was changing always.
    When I was born I was pretty "fat" (4kg I think thats alot even for a new born baby). Then I was skinny in the 1.st class. From the 2. to the 6. class I was again abit fat. Now in the 9th I'm again skinny and can eat so much I want D:
    I have to go to the gym to get maybe some weight and muscles >_<
    Actually I might already have the sixpack as my friend said but the problem is I got a lot of fat in the way ^^

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Help] Finding Pointers/Offsets
    By Daniel999 in forum Development
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-20-2011, 08:09 PM
  2. Help with base HP pointers in Dota
    By ereee in forum Warcraft 3 Hacks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-10-2010, 10:15 PM
  3. Dog Training Guide
    By hendricius in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-19-2009, 09:53 AM
  4. Athletics Training
    By Chaos[Dreamer] in forum Other Games
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-05-2008, 10:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •