Causes of Depression

This is a discussion on Causes of Depression within the Real Life Hacks board part of the General category; The Recent scientific research highlight the causes of depression.Genetic predisposition and hormones linked to stress can play a role in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hallmark is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Causes of Depression

The Recent scientific research highlight the causes of depression.Genetic predisposition and hormones linked to stress can play a role in menatl stress and depression. The wide range of treatments causes like hormonal imbalances and stress. Treatment can mean spending time talking to patients about their physical and emotional problems, examining their diet and exercise habits, and doing blood tests to look for medical or environmental causes for depression.

Last edited by razathru; 07-09-2011 at 10:52 AM.
    Hallmark

Ryan is offline Ubiquitous

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those of you who say depression is fake .. well it's not. I used to always think "Smile you emo kids" but honestly when I think about it, I have been depressed before and it really does hurt. Not just emotionally, but physically as well.

mbfdude is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in a bit of a state of depression right now. I just troll on facebook til I'm happy. I find if I don't exercise my typical routine for a few days I start to get down and my motivation is extremely low.

<GM>Bumblebee is offline I'm The Good Bee :)

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When ever i get depressed. i just hug something.... Weather it be a Plush Pokemon or my girl friend

Click here To see all my Tutorials and get Help.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to <GM>Bumblebee For This Useful Post:

Specs is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think depression is serious for some but i think its a state of mind for some people they more act more than it is. For example emo kids, they say their depressed so all of a sudden they get a craving for screamo music and emo clothing, they should be ashamed thats practically a big slap in the face to someone who may actually be depressed who is just a normal person going through tough times.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Specs View Post
    I think depression is serious for some but i think its a state of mind for some people they more act more than it is. For example emo kids, they say their depressed so all of a sudden they get a craving for screamo music and emo clothing, they should be ashamed thats practically a big slap in the face to someone who may actually be depressed who is just a normal person going through tough times.
    This is true. This might just be me, but when ever I get depressed I usually tend to turn away from music. Usually music is either annoying to me, or it reminds me of what I am depressed about.

Quote Originally Posted by mbfdude View Post
    I'm in a bit of a state of depression right now. I just troll on facebook til I'm happy. I find if I don't exercise my typical routine for a few days I start to get down and my motivation is extremely low.
    I do that same shit on facebook hahahah I call out everyone

GoldenOne is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that stress mainly comes from a job that doesn't fit you. A lot of people who don't like their work do depressions, and statistics shows that this trend is growing.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenOne View Post
    I believe that stress mainly comes from a job that doesn't fit you. A lot of people who don't like their work do depressions, and statistics shows that this trend is growing.
    That is true, out of experience, however it has much much more to it. Sure a job can be annoying, but its not the only thing in your life. Think about life in general, hell people get pissed off at the most random things. Stress is caused by everyday life of people expecting everything to go their way.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:

GoldenOne is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    That is true, out of experience, however it has much much more to it. Sure a job can be annoying, but its not the only thing in your life. Think about life in general, hell people get pissed off at the most random things. Stress is caused by everyday life of people expecting everything to go their way.
    Agree with you. Unfortunatly people tend to stress and overreact to such un-important things... Hopefully i'll be able to stay away from a stressing job

Elf
    Elf is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    depression is a serious thing. While in it, life seems to be pointless, uninteresting and stupid. Just try to remember that there are people that love you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast