Question: Out of Body / Sleep Paralysis

This is a discussion on Question: Out of Body / Sleep Paralysis within the Real Life Hacks board part of the General category; Always end up falling asleep when I try...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    thereaperx151 is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always end up falling asleep when I try

Nekokami is offline Advanced Hacker

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has unintentionally happened to me where I somehow realized I was dreaming, but still didn't wake up.
    It was pretty awesome but hasn't happened for many years now :<

Ryan is offline Ubiquitous

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thereaperx151 View Post
    Always end up falling asleep when I try
    You have to fight that urge. When your thoughts start becoming random but realistic in a sense .. change that thought process but dont move any physical muscles.

Sean1352 is offline Master Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    You have to fight that urge. When your thoughts start becoming random but realistic in a sense .. change that thought process but dont move any physical muscles.
    Sounds like a good idea to me.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1352 View Post
    Sounds like a good idea to me.
    Music helps you stay awake too. I wouldn't like be slappin, but a comfortable volume level should keep your mind from shutting down.

Dutu40 is offline Guru
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well well, stuff happened since my last reply, anyway.
    The next time that black figure appears, simply tell it: You scare me, go away. Don't say it in a hostile voice or anything like that, a calm voice is more than enough for the being to understand. It might not be a demon, but a simple entity from the first astral realm, if it still doesn't go away (which is very unlikely) you can try calling for angels (they usually guard the astral realms from what I heard).
    Anyway, you shouldn't be afraid of the black figures, they can be simple entities, and they WILL obey you. They might also come near you because you are "attractive", since you are a Divine Being you can attract attention even if you don't want to, some entities know that you will never die so they will try to take some of your energy (it's like the feeling of your soul being forcefully suck out of you), just tell them to stop, to go away.

IF, and may God forbid it, you will ever have an encounter with a demon, I recommend that you ask for help from the angels or even an archangel, because just telling the demon to go away might not work, OR you could try to take care of him by yourself but I do not recommend it if you are not experienced enough.

Now I know that you may think that I'm shitting you here or I don't have anything better to do or stuff, but let's get serious, you are an energy being, you leave your physical body almost every night, sometimes you will be conscious of it even though you didn't want to astral project that night, so I wrote this in case that you encounter those problems again.
    The prime factor of the problems in the astral realm is fear, when you will stop fearing you will realize that nothing can actually harm you.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dutu40 For This Useful Post:

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, I have embraced it to be a part of me that was my fears .. Now that I have acccepted that, I havent seen it persay, but I do get the feeling of it near by, and I highly believe I project it on on to others in real life. Its just my feeling, which is why I try my best to be the best I can.

You sir, speak good words and I appreciate it.

Jake1 is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone gets nightmares when you're new to SP and LDing. You get over it eventually, just remember to stay calm and be completely relaxed and don't think about anything.

If you are completely fucked, just kill yourself in your lucid dream and I can almost 100% guarantee you'll come out of LD'ing and you'll either:
    A, go to sleep instantly
    B, Wake up... you'll be a bit fuckin scared and then just go to sleep normally.
    Last edited by Jake1; 08-11-2012 at 08:37 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jake1 For This Useful Post:

Dutu40 is offline Guru
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He will instinctively deny suicide even if in a lucid dream, and if he tries to suicide while in the astral body he will only attract bad attention, if you aren't experienced you can't really tell the difference from leaving the body and lucid dreaming.

Nevertheless, only the mere thought of wanting the dream to end will end it, if it didn't work simply close your eyes in the dream, it should instantly end it.
    Last edited by Dutu40; 08-11-2012 at 08:56 PM.

Excidium is offline Banned User

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The topic surely is interesting, but i dont like that heres so much talk about "astral, spirits, evil, demon, out of body or "the beeing", that has absolutely nothing todo with reality and / or LD'ing, that has something to do with wild theorys that nobody can and will confirm and has in my opinion nothing to loose in a clear mind.

All those things you may notice while LD'ing short after or short before are just effects of a drug called DMT and / or the paralysis itself, also the switch from awake - asleep, asleep-awake can cause the brain to malfunction in the sight of reality.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast