Free Plumbing help 4 you!!!

This is a discussion on Free Plumbing help 4 you!!! within the Real Life Hacks board part of the General category; Hey everyone, it has been a while since I have contributed anything worthwhile so I figured I could help this ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    czlyxh is offline TL;DR

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Free Plumbing help 4 you!!!

Hey everyone, it has been a while since I have contributed anything worthwhile so I figured I could help this way. Over this summer I recently got a new job in plumbing. I have put around 200-300 hours into plumbing so far and I would like to share the knowledge I have learned. If you have any questions on plumbing just ask them here and I will reply and add it into a list on here so you can CTRL+F to see if your question has already been asked. I will do my best to answer it the most clearly and in an easy to understand way for beginners along with anything you may need. You can ask any question related to construction but I only personally know plumbing and bits and pieces of the other jobs. Anyway, ask away.
    (Mind you, I am an American so my answers will be to my region specific and may or may not vary depending on where you live depending on regulations and such.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ocean Spray View Post
    My toilet has some sort of issue where after I flush, it will continue leaking water into the bowl and making that sound that occurs after a flush. I have to shut off the water outlet for the toilet to prevent it from making so much noise! What's the issue because it's getting out of hand.
    I diagnosed this as being a problem with the toilet plug. The toilet plug is the part inside of the tank (the tank is the part which holds the water) and the plug is generally hung by a chain and will block the hold in the tank which allows the water to go into the bowl thus flushing the toilet. The problem I believed he had was that the plug was faulty and did not fully block the water thus allowing water to escape through and because the tank loses water it needs to be replaced causing it to not stop and having him have this sound constantly.

Last edited by czlyxh; 09-01-2012 at 03:36 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to czlyxh For This Useful Post:

ZeD
    ZeD is offline RoR 0x266E

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    removed

Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My bathtub faucet is leaking. almost a steady stream. It's not the handle, or the plastic slip on faucet thing. I think it has to do with the piping. Any ideas?

@kent

czlyxh is offline TL;DR

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    My bathtub faucet is leaking. almost a steady stream. It's not the handle, or the plastic slip on faucet thing. I think it has to do with the piping. Any ideas?
    Most likely not the piping. It probably has something to do with the actual faucet. If you have one of those screw-on faucets you can unscrew it and take a look inside. I would have to see it to pin-point the exact problem but my guess is that it has to do with the faucet. Or, another possibility would be your handles need to be tightened. Simply unscrew it and move it over then twist it like you normally would until the water stops. Be careful because otherwise you will unscrew off the part attached to the shower-body and then it will spew water all over the place. This is more common on those two-handle sets where you have one hot and one cold. Hope it helps and let me know if you find anything else about it or need more help.

Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No, when I take the faucet off, its a plastic piece. It has nothing to do with that, the pipe itself is still leaking.

@kent

czlyxh is offline TL;DR

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it pex or copper? And is it leaking where it meets that plastic piece?

Ryan is offline Ubiquitous

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a question .. my rain shower thing had two shower head, one that was attached and could be raised and adjusted to be over you, and one part that has a hose so you can grab it or hang it ... well the first part like broke off and I looked at it and the screw it so loose it wont get tight anymore .. even when I turn it as hard as i can. I dont know if I fucked up one day or what .. but i mean any thoughts would help me out here hahah I dont wanna waste like 30 bucks for a new one

Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's copper. And it's leaking out of the faucet area.

@kent

czlyxh is offline TL;DR

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I have a question .. my rain shower thing had two shower head, one that was attached and could be raised and adjusted to be over you, and one part that has a hose so you can grab it or hang it ... well the first part like broke off and I looked at it and the screw it so loose it wont get tight anymore .. even when I turn it as hard as i can. I dont know if I fucked up one day or what .. but i mean any thoughts would help me out here hahah I dont wanna waste like 30 bucks for a new one
    Could you possibly take a picture of your whole set-up and also another one up close on where it is loose? Do you also mean that the adjustable part wont stay and it is just hanging or what exactly wont tighten? Pics will help alot. You may have to flat-out completely replace it though.

---------- Post added at 071 PM ---------- Previous post was at 070 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    It's copper. And it's leaking out of the faucet area.
    Could you post a few pics? One of the leak and another one of the inside of it and any others that you could. Thanks

brimblood is offline TreeFOU

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there's a monster in my toilet I'm to afraid to shit in my toilet so I just end up shitting on my girlfriend

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast