View Poll Results: Raise the Elder requirements to 100rep ?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

33 67.35%
  • No!

16 32.65%

Latest updates and Elder Requirements Poll!

This is a discussion on Latest updates and Elder Requirements Poll! within the Rules/Announcements board part of the General category; Hey all, long time since I've popped by Here's my two cents: I voted yes originally but after reading through ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    czlyxh is offline TL;DR

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all, long time since I've popped by

Here's my two cents:
    I voted yes originally but after reading through the comments im in-between. I do think that chatbox is a very good part of the community and is an easy way for members to discuss and talk about whatever comes to mind without the traditional thread-style posting. Now, while I don't want elder rank to become useless, I do feel as though ChatBox should be something acquired fairly earlier whereas green-name is more of the prestigous side of it. I also don't think members of the community should just take anything some random user (especially an elder) as law or with complete trust, that is something that belongs to staff. Now premium is much harder to obtain with the reward simply being blue name, correct? I think an easier solution would be to raise elder ranking to become higher and add a different rank as something for ChatBox. Doesn't Elder User sound much more trustworthy than something like Member+?

tldr; Raise elder rep to 100. Create new rank at 25 or 50 named something like Member+ which would unlock chatbox. Allow existing elders to remain. Clarify to the community that green name (or even blue) doesn't exactly mean trustworthy.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to czlyxh For This Useful Post:

Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by czlyxh View Post
    Hey all, long time since I've popped by

Here's my two cents:
    I voted yes originally but after reading through the comments im in-between. I do think that chatbox is a very good part of the community and is an easy way for members to discuss and talk about whatever comes to mind without the traditional thread-style posting. Now, while I don't want elder rank to become useless, I do feel as though ChatBox should be something acquired fairly earlier whereas green-name is more of the prestigous side of it. I also don't think members of the community should just take anything some random user (especially an elder) as law or with complete trust, that is something that belongs to staff. Now premium is much harder to obtain with the reward simply being blue name, correct? I think an easier solution would be to raise elder ranking to become higher and add a different rank as something for ChatBox. Doesn't Elder User sound much more trustworthy than something like Member+?

tldr; Raise elder rep to 100. Create new rank at 25 or 50 named something like Member+ which would unlock chatbox. Allow existing elders to remain. Clarify to the community that green name (or even blue) doesn't exactly mean trustworthy.
    Again, your idea will render elder rank useless.

Premium is not just a name color, you get access to new forum sections etc.

Elder rank and chatbox to me are ball and chain.

I say raise elder rank to 75 or 80. WITH chatbox.

Most people try to assume that this entire thing is about vouches for hacks. People think when a user hits elder, they can vouch for all these new "coders" hacks. Gonna throw this out there again. Only staff can vouch. Elder and hacks have nothing to do with each other.

@kent

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt For This Useful Post:

Cipa is offline Pootis Spencer Here.

Array
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with @Matt raise it to 75.
    Click the image to visit our website.

Tracky is offline Administrator

Array
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    3 more days to throw in some arguments for and against the change or even better suggestions

Flash is offline Premium Member

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judging by the poll, it's probably going to be a YES if we decide based on the majority. I didn't know people still get scammed here because of an "elder" user but I think most people who get scammed are going to get scammed either way. There is a feedback system for a reason. The rank of elder is only based off your input into the community. D3Scene does have a marketplace but that is not what makes this site. I do see how some people can get misled but I can also see why some people would never reach Elder and then, just become inactive. The chatbox is just an amazing feature of this site filled with entertainment and I can guarantee most of the users who did stick along as long as they did was because they unlocked the chatbox option and felt more involved within the community. Whichever the decision is, it's awesome that you guys are looking to make changes. Good to see it happening.

LayA is offline Advanced Hacker

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I vote yes! excellent idea Tracky!

DarkJesture is offline That 1 guy...

Array
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bump

Would just like to know if we've implemented this yet or not, I'm too special to tell

Justin is offline Moderator from the Future

Array
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkJesture View Post
    Bump

Would just like to know if we've implemented this yet or not, I'm too special to tell
    Not yet. The Elder requirement is still currently at 50 since a user just obtained elder status a few days ago at 50.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234