Would be me.
(I will just post my app, with some sections removed, that should explain it all)
Part I. Requirements
The requirements for GMod are
1,000 posts (I have over 1,000),
250 rep, (I have 430+),
Age 16+ (I am 16, soon to be 17),
and a member of d3scene for 4 months+, I have been here for over a year.
Part II. Reasons
I have my reasons for wanting to become a Global Moderator, some I may leave out here, but I will try my best.
1] The obvious, cleaning the forums... If I had a nickel for every time I saw a post that could have been fixed by me, I would be a wealthy person. Now I understand that many others could say the same thing, but is it true? I am online 8+ hours per day, and with this activity, I feel as if I could make a difference in the forums.
2] Motivation - I don't give up on anything very easy, I am currently trying to improve gghacks, because it has gone under and naga doesn't seem to care... However if me being a global moderator at gghacks is a problem, then I will drop it. (I would rather be improving a forum with a owner who actually cared about it.)
3] Contests - As Global Moderator, I could host contests with ease, not having to rely on other staff members to clean up after me, and being able to punish those who cheated. (For and example of my contests, look here.)
4] Problem solving - I have just spent the last hour talking to a member who feels he was given infractions unfairly, it would be nice to actually be able to do something about that.
5] Our current staff could be classified as "half active" at best, not to be harsh, but I would say there are only 4 active members of staff at the moment, with the member base d3scene has, (Members: 18,892) there should be at least 9 active staff members, and that is with 1:2000 being the staff to member ratio.
Part III. Qualities
My qualities, well, I am not a shrink or anything, I can probably assess myself just as good as any of you can, but I would rather do it just to be safe :laugh:.
- Motivated (I am highly motivated in what ever I set my mind to)
- Intelligent (Maybe not as much as some of you people, but I have an IQ of 148, so I'm very far above average...)
- Helpful (I help anyone that asks for it, and try to greet new people asking them to PM me if they need help, and they usually do, and I usually respond...)
- Will to improve (I am always looking for new ways to improve myself and the sites I am on.)
- Calm (I never lose my cool, it is a quality I have been complimented on by teachers, family, friends and the likes, I would say it is my best quality).
Bad Qualities (I am a human... far from perfect)
- Impatient (Long waits kill me, serious, I hate waiting for things to happen for 1-2 weeks , but I can get over it.)
- Sometimes busy (I have a busy RL, with sports, school, and friends, sometimes it all can get a little hectic... but I will always have *some* time per day for d3scene.)
- Human (No, despite some beliefs, I am 100% human, there is no elf/dwarf/divinity in me, so I am bound to make errors (yes even more then one!) sometime... Its just part of life).
Part IV. My history at d3scene
My first day in d3scene, I said hello, then read the rules.
Ever since, I have not consciously broken a single one. (Ok, maybe a few in my first month, but everyone needs time to adjust...) I have never gotten an infraction, I have never been minus repped, I have never even been warned about anything. I am a good, law abiding poster, who only wants to help and not cause trouble. Even back when the flame board was open, I did not flame, ever, because I don't like to.
Part V. Experience
I am now retired everywhere but d3scene, full dedication ftw .
If you need to reach me, my msn is [email protected] , and my email is [email protected] , you can also just PM me, that would probably be best.
So yeah, if you need any help, feel free to PM me, or post in the right help section, I will probably answer you there also .
I won't let you down :smiley:.