Official DotA tournament for Warcraft III

This is a discussion on Official DotA tournament for Warcraft III within the Rules/Announcements board part of the General category; Originally Posted by XplittR 1) No creep skipping. This means you are not allowed to attack towers or other buildings ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    gevorgkhc is offline I'm a pirate stfu
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XplittR View Post
    1) No creep skipping. This means you are not allowed to attack towers or other buildings without creep support. You are allowed to attack any building in enemy base if you entered the base with your own creeps. You do not have to cancel your attack if all creeps are dead. Note that this rule covers ALL of your enemies buildings and NOT just the ones in the base
    Creep Support is defined as follow: the enemy tower is in range and attacking the creeps even if the creeps don't choose to attack the tower and attacks enemy creeps instead.
    Hmm... so if creeps are attacking a tower and they all die, can you still continue attacking the tower or do you have to move back?

Also, am I allowed to partner with a member suspended from these forums?

If we use an anti-cheat client, I recommend we use GG-Client or Hamachi. I don't trust DSS, or anything else falltime/hollywood_adam is responsible for.

Last edited by gevorgkhc; 06-11-2007 at 07:15 AM.

Dokken is offline Inactive, Ex-Staff
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since all replays are going to be looked at by people not taking part in the tournament why not just do it over battle.net? Also im too dam lazy to learn how to use a client. -.-

BlameTheGame is offline Premium Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Gevor, you aint allowed to play with someone suspended, but i think Hamachi is a quite good idea, since noone can complain over lag, no matter where in the world they are. Just like GGC, but i really cant be arsed to teach all the ones that compete how to use GGC -,-. I think we are gonna Hamachi that instead of BNet/DSS,

As for the rules, yes your allowed to attack the tower even after the creeps have left, as in leagues..
    Last edited by BlameTheGame; 06-11-2007 at 11:14 AM.
    Former Global Moderator

xiN
    xiN is offline Guess who's back ?
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, i'm still searching a dota ally :p or i'll single :p

XplittR is offline Hawt

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tournament will be at the time 21:00 to 23:00 GMT+1 time (20:00 to 22:00 GMT time). If you live in another timezone, you have to calculate yourself what time it will be for you. If a match is started before 23:00 or after, then all players have to agree that the match will be finished, and that noone will have to leave during the game etc. Matches can be done at any time after 23:00, but then all the players have to agree with this, and they have to say in the All Chat: "This is a tournament game".

I also want everyone that wants to participate to write their in-game nice here now, as it's only 2h 30m untill we start.

Hawt.

BlameTheGame is offline Premium Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [email protected]
    Former Global Moderator

XplittR is offline Hawt

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like few people are showing up, so we wmight have to take it tomorrow. Same time tomorrow?

Hawt.

Infernal is offline Forum God
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sure..
    ///

Why noone use Blizzard with Arshmage? because Blizzard sucks!

tschoerk is offline ***** ***** ***** *****
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I'd say so too..much better time too for me.
    Next time please try to announce the time a few days or at least the day before the event, if you can.
    thanks

Dokken is offline Inactive, Ex-Staff
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XplittR View Post
    The tournament will be at the time 21:00 to 23:00 GMT+1 time (20:00 to 22:00 GMT time). If you live in another timezone, you have to calculate yourself what time it will be for you. If a match is started before 23:00 or after, then all players have to agree that the match will be finished, and that noone will have to leave during the game etc. Matches can be done at any time after 23:00, but then all the players have to agree with this, and they have to say in the All Chat: "This is a tournament game".

I also want everyone that wants to participate to write their in-game nice here now, as it's only 2h 30m untill we start.
    20:00 on GMT+1 comes out to 11:00 AM for me. I think dead is in the same time zone as me, so hes still in school during this time. Also it might be easier to tell who everyone is if they use name spoofer to match their d3scene name.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast