View Poll Results: Old chatbox or new Chatbox?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Old

8 57.14%
  • New

2 14.29%
  • I don't care

4 28.57%

Our new Chatbox on D3Scene.com

This is a discussion on Our new Chatbox on D3Scene.com within the Rules/Announcements board part of the General category; Well, it had an option to place the input on left side.... Not very pretty tho Also, i dont think ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Serverman is offline Paranoia!

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it had an option to place the input on left side.... Not very pretty tho
    Also, i dont think the old one had options to not be on every page (that is very heavy on the servers )

My car is not leaking oil?
    Its marking its territory!

Reinn is offline Multi-qouter

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Serverman View Post

Well, it had an option to place the input on left side.... Not very pretty tho
    Also, i dont think the old one had options to not be on every page (that is very heavy on the servers )
    First of all, I don't understand why you're so much against it. Now many members have told you they want it, and that should be MORE THAN ENOUGH reason to change it. Else you'll end up with no valuable members at all except yourself.

Second of all, I do believe that it has a function to set where it should be located. And if you have problems with servers, don't buy at the same provider again. Because if you restrict yourself to the use of your domain you're wasting money on the domain. It's better to pay a bit more for unlimited traffic and use instead of restrictions.

That was just my $0.02.
    // Reinn

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is not that we dont have a large enough plan, the problem is that the server gets slow when alot of data needs to be transferred back and forth.

As for the configs i dont know, i were not admin when we had that chatbox.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is not that we dont have a large enough plan, the problem is that the server gets slow when alot of data needs to be transferred back and forth.

As for the configs i dont know, i were not admin when we had that chatbox.
    In the settings of that chatbox you can change the refresh rate.. I belive it's set to semething like 5 secs at start, and I've set my at 15 sec, and it's not a problem having 1-2 conversations at once. That'll help on the servers
    // Reinn

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People complain about the chatbox beeing laggy
    You see Jan, the problem here is that people are never happy, if we change back to the old one and increase delay, they will complain about that. If we go over to this wonderfull new chatbox they complain.
    We need to read these signs and determine what is best for our users, since you cannot make up your minds.

I hope you understand this, it is a very hard task, and we are trying our best to keep track of your complaints.

It is never a "thank you" when we upgrade something, add more forums, change styles. Upgrade vBulletin. NEVER! I seriously think that you people should stop complaining so much. Instead of just crying, please come with some appreciation sometimes. Or at least some constructive critisism instead of just: Me like old chatbox, me baby, me want old one back. Me no can haz old one, me leave.

I believe the new chatbox is here to stay. This thread is an announcement for the new bar we have, so lets stick on topic. If you feel that the new chatbox is so horrible, please make a new thread for that.

--Mikael

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People complain about the chatbox beeing laggy
    You see Jan, the problem here is that people are never happy, if we change back to the old one and increase delay, they will complain about that. If we go over to this wonderfull new chatbox they complain.
    We need to read these signs and determine what is best for our users, since you cannot make up your minds.

I hope you understand this, it is a very hard task, and we are trying our best to keep track of your complaints.

It is never a "thank you" when we upgrade something, add more forums, change styles. Upgrade vBulletin. NEVER! I seriously think that you people should stop complaining so much. Instead of just crying, please come with some appreciation sometimes. Or at least some constructive critisism instead of just: Me like old chatbox, me baby, me want old one back. Me no can haz old one, me leave.

I believe the new chatbox is here to stay. This thread is an announcement for the new bar we have, so lets stick on topic. If you feel that the new chatbox is so horrible, please make a new thread for that.

--Mikael
    If you believe what you wrote, you really know nothing.. People are thankful for the new add-ons if the following criteria are true:

• They KNOW that something has been added/vB upgrade (You never post announcements: "We just upgraded to new version of vB!", I'm sure that if you did people would comment: "Cool" or "I don't like it" or "Great work", etc. Everyone has a different opinion.)
    • People will also be thankful for it, if there has been an open poll where people can vote about the add-ons. Of course it's the admin(s)' decision at the last place, but I still think you should ask for feedback from the community before adding something many of them might not like (Like what happened with the new chatbox)

I know that it might be hard to keep things so everyone likes it, but again everyone has a different opinion, and I think you should make up polls, and see which add-ons are declined, and which people would like to try. Then after let's say a month you could have another poll "Are you happy about our new add-on that we added 1 month ago?" Or you could just have that add-on poll after 1 month. That would also be enough.

Again this is just what I think, and I really think you should take what I wrote into consideration.

Reinn
    // Reinn

sck1028 is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    let me see, think it good

Malish is offline YAH

Array
    Mentioned