April fools: D3scene.com to be shutdown by the 22nd of April

This is a discussion on April fools: D3scene.com to be shutdown by the 22nd of April within the Rules/Announcements board part of the General category; I am writing you this announcement with a twisted feelings. Over the past months I got more and more problems ...

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    hendricius is offline Administrator

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

April fools: D3scene.com to be shutdown by the 22nd of April

I am writing you this announcement with a twisted feelings. Over the past months I got more and more problems with running D3scene.com. It all started with a DMCA complaint against me for having pirated stuff on my board and then continued with actual threats against me. It was annoying but nothing I couldn't handle.

Around 3 weeks ago during my Ski vacation the problems however got more serious. I suddenly got an email in my inbox with serious warnings about us violating game-rules and therefore violating US-Law. The damage that has been done is 58,000 US $ as stated in the email. The Email came directly from Blizzard's piracy department. I thought that this could be a joke by someone. I immediately contacted the phone number of the person in charge and it turned out to be authentic. I can't unfortunately quote the email here due law issues. But I am sure they'll release an official statement soon, you will be able to read that one on D3scene.

Luckily I do have my mother who is an excellent Internet-Lawyer. After going through the case and doing research it seems that we will not be able to win this. Another big problem for us is that we need to make use of US-Law because our site is hosted in America. I sensed right when setting up our initial forum that Blizzard would do the same to us like they did to Blizzhackers.com. Back then they were shut down because they offered help with Private Servers. MMOGlider, the next popular case has been shut down around 4 months ago. It seems that Blizzard does not like us communities providing help with 3rd party tools.

I was offered a deal which I had to accept to avoid further consequences - in return for not being sued for the 58,000 I have to take down all the servers immediately till the 22nd April. Blizzard takes the right to confiscate and scan all the recent hacks that were published over here for the past month in order to ban all people who have been cheating since then. I highly suggest that you stop using any sort of hacks released on D3scene till then. Unluckily I am handicapped in this situation, there is no way that I will ever be able to raise those 58,000 US $ and see no alternative. I will update you on this case.

I am hereby retiring as an Admin from D3scene.com immediately and release all Gmods and moderators from their ranks. It has been an honor.

I would like to thank all of you guys for making D3scene.com possible. Without the great community this would not have been possible. Together we were able to build one of the biggest gaming communities on the web. Every Warcraft 3 player knows us - we achieved something great there. It's in my best interest to motivate you guys to open similar communities just like D3scene.com to make sure that gamers always have a nice and friendly place to talk.

Thank you.

First april is over.

Last edited by Jolinar; 04-02-2010 at 09:02 AM.
    You suck. Suck a little less and become a fan on Facebook.

"D3scene pwns" - Hendrik (PIRATE)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hendricius For This Useful Post:

D2Junior is offline Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the head up...
    :'( it was nice knowing all yah
    and i understand totally... $58,000 !!?!?!!?1 dam... blizzard must really hate us..
    but it was nice knowing all yah... ^_^

Kaskame is offline d(-_-)b

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sucks......Anyone knows any other forum where we can chat and have stupid and random chat?

But I never ever thinked of Blizzard shut this down o_o Come on it's hacks...it's all over the Internet!!!
    Hope someday D3S comes back !

I JUST HAD PREMIUM T_T
    Woot

eLiteGameR is offline Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OH SHIT this site is about to die, OMFG. How come they didn't catch battlemods or other sites?
    How will we know what other blizz sites have opened up? Omg...
    skillhackers is down
    blizzhacks = noob
    madhacks is down
    battlemods is up
    and thats pretty much it....

Good bye every 1

OR
    APRIL FOOLS
    Last edited by eLiteGameR; 04-01-2010 at 05:04 AM.
    -Thx Sifex

Sheppard is offline Mentor

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    April fools :p

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheppard View Post
    -Thx Sifex

SwTrevenge is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WHAT!?!? I just got here T_T

undead_warrior is offline Geek
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i sure hope it's the admins April Fools prank.. or i'll be piss ass hell.... seriously..i thought blizz was cool

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by undead_warrior View Post
    i sure hope it's the admins April Fools prank.. or i'll be piss ass hell.... seriously..i thought blizz was cool
    They took down ZoiD's previous site. Now he made
    Code:
    battlemods
    So blizz would take down this site no doubt. Im pretty sure this is a prank.
    Every site I've gone to has a prank like this.
    -Thx Sifex

Tracky is offline Administrator

Array
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by undead_warrior View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eLiteGameR View Post
    OR
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheppard View Post

Well I'm sad to say, that it's actually no prank.
    It's the truth.
    Hendrik told us about these kind of problems some time ago already but we hoped, his mother could handle it and that Blizz couldn't even have the right to do so.
    Actually we were wrong and all the work Hendrik's mother put into it, wasn't worth anything.

I'm sure, there will come other sited, but beware of Blizz.
    As we noticed, they care about their Games, even if it doesn't look like ( Especially if we have a look at Warcraft III or Diablo 2 .. ).

I'll really miss D3Scene and it members. I had a lot of fun over here and I actually made good friends. And I guess, we'll still play games whatever will happen to D3Scene! For the time I was Global Moderator / Moderator over here, I hope I made a good job and that you enjoyed hangin' around here.

In future Blizz will learn, that it has no sense to shut down Communitys like we are, since Hackers + Coders will excist, whatever they do!

I'll sleep now and dream of the "old" D3Scene and the good time I had over here.

Good bye, your fellow GMod, Tracky.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast