About the community's rep behavior.

This is a discussion on About the community's rep behavior. within the Rules/Announcements board part of the General category; or -rep whereas imho it should be abolished.....

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Vearb is offline God

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    or -rep whereas imho it should be abolished..

If you have any queries Email me! vearb [at] d3scene [dot] com

Solidify is offline Geek
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have helped alot, but same question are coming back .. always.. ^^ made boring&frustrating.

X-räi is offline ɯnıɯǝɹd
    Array
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh wow.
    typed a nice, relatively long post. now its gone :'(

so this is what I wrote in short:
    get rid of the -spam-protection, its damn stupid and negligible.
    1) you cannot show your gratefulness 2) its outruled by +thx anyway. one can simply offer +10 rep by spamming 10 +thxs

^using CHROME now
    Banned users: 0 (Counting since: 04.06.2008)

Jolinar is offline rapid response team #1

Array
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by razathru View Post
    I agree with some that despite that they put in efforts into the site but still their threads are not 'd or not even replied.

Have you noticed even Hendrik's(admin) few threads still remain without any reply. So please do not be offended if you don't any reply.

One should think about contributing to the site in a positive way rather than being more concerned about the reputation. Guys, do not take reputation as the main consideration or do not post stuffs for it, if you find something useful and then make an effort to share it here. It is up to an individual to decide whether that he finds a topic worthy and to rep it. Keep on contributing good stuffs, reputation and other credits will come along but never post for the sake of reputation.

Reputation value should not be the main concern. It is highly essential that one takes part in discussions and also in few contests that are organized. Reputation is not the ultimatum.
    -Yes, I do consider that noticeable useful threads should be rep'd and I feel that it is done to an extent but not to everyone's satisfaction. If we rep for every single post/thread, it wouldn't suit its purpose.

-A discussion needs positive as well as negative points, similarly don't expect to get more rep's. Keep contributing the best, the rest will follow.

-If negative rep should not be abused against any member, positive rep shouldn't be biased for any member.

It is really hard to come to a conclusion, but to keep it simple: + rep / +ThanKs if you think that the thread/post is worthy.
    Could not have said it any better.
    But our past experience has shown that reputation means quite a lot to many people on the board, so we should still keep it at a decent priority.
    Yes, I see your point. I guess I was not intending to tell you to rep every post, but more than it has been the past 6 months, because that was really sad. :/

thunder915 is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    now that you mention it lately i havent ped or +thanked much. thank you for posting this as i see im not the only one.

Malish is offline YAH

Array
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Well I agree.

But there might be more to the inactivety than that people are just "bored". This happens every year, and yes there have been topics about this before. What time of the year is it? early summer, eh? How many people do have exams, final tests etc.?? Be pantient and make the best out of the time, many people will be active. And ofc I bet there are alot of late spring/early summer horny people out there xD

But I also admit that I have been lazy giving rep latly... I have just been thanking people o.o
    " [28-09, 00:51] Matt: I use wire brushes on my grill, she likes it."

razathru is offline The not so evul DOC!

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Jolinar

Even though you didn't mean to rep every post, new members intend to take it in such a way. There are few members who rep among themselves just to increase their reputation.

Yes, lately we do see some members busy with their school stuffs and exams. Hopefully it should get better, not just the forums but also the premium section too.

We need to organize things which encourages members in effective discussion.

NoDenial is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets just hope things get better and users will start being helpful and start to users who posts useful things.

Jolinar is offline rapid response team #1

Array
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by razathru View Post
    We need to organize things which encourages members in effective discussion.
    So true.
    I suggest that we all join in on making the community (even) better, though this will require cooperation of each and every member.

hendricius is offline Administrator

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great discussion. I moved it into our announcements as this effects all of us .

I am getting annoyed myself. It's not that I am writing guides daily, but whenever I do I try to give my best in order to contribute something very good. Few days later I usually check my reputation and see that only very few people actually gave me .

I can only say what Jolinar did: Don't be egoistic, help the D3scene users. Sharing is caring.
    You suck. Suck a little less and become a fan on Facebook.

"D3scene pwns" - Hendrik (PIRATE)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hendricius For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast