About the community's rep behavior.

This is a discussion on About the community's rep behavior. within the Rules/Announcements board part of the General category; Well you can hate me for that, but lets talk about the other side of it. I've seen most rep ...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Wolfszorn is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well you can hate me for that, but lets talk about the other side of it.

I've seen most rep are going to people which we like. For example, most post from Tracky have at least one thanks.
    I'm sure Tracky derserve it, but that is not the point. I've seen many good posts from people who aren't that known like Tracky are for example without any thanks.

Or some guys dont rep cause they have a personal problem with the other guy.
    But they deserve it, every good post deserve rep no matter from who they are.

Well Jolinar, you are totally right. We should rep EVERYTHING which is useful.
    As i said you can hate me for writing that down, but i think rep is giving mostly by friends and status (admin or 1post user).

If you like you can -rep me for this post, i dont care. That is only what i have seen in many threads, it wont ever change.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wolfszorn For This Useful Post:

Xoyse is offline 不关心明天
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would anyone -rep you for that, it's your opinion.

I pretty much agree with you.

fogest is offline Banned User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep your totaly right on thats what I have been thinking as well!

X-räi is offline ɯnıɯǝɹd
    Array
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfszorn View Post
    [...]
    When someone comes up with one contribution, without even being semi-active, I wouldnt want him running around with 100 rep. or premium, for that matter.
    If one contributes continuously, he will also gain , instead of +thx.
    I am handling it this way, and I knew who handle/handled it the same.
    And I know, a lot of helpful posts receive +thx.
    You got your point though.

but
    If you like you can -rep me for this post, i dont care. That is only what i have seen in many threads, it wont ever change.
    what the heck is this?
    trying to impress somebody or rather provoking rep(negative as well as positive)?

^using CHROME now
    Banned users: 0 (Counting since: 04.06.2008)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to X-räi For This Useful Post:

amoz is offline Guru
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yah

it's sound right.
    but
    is it forcing to some 1 else??
    and i deeply don't know
    what is the rep and thanks for ???
    for $$$$$ or any other things else.
    though i m going to release something ..
    but i actually don't need rep or thanks...
    some how i support the post that has to give thanks for sharing their activities, strength, knowledge and time.
    we should give.

Robin is offline Place user title here
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think the main problem with the rep giving on d3scene is people see it as a competition such as the elder users think of it as who is going to get the rep first to 350 and won't give any to eachother just to random members and the moderators cause they think that it won't effect giving tons of rep to tracky jolinar and so on. It is not my life's goal to get to 350 rep on a random website for talking about videogames and graphics. I joined this website for contributing my knowledge on the things i know best and also learning from others. Rep is being taken to seriously on this website!!

and Plz don't spam to all you new members and even old members to get that extra rep. If u have a really bad ratio from post/rep that means u r spamming posts that aren't helping the community and shouldn't even probable written cause it is a waste of your time and ours.
    Last edited by Robin; 05-23-2010 at 04:46 PM.
    Moderator in SC2 section. Have any questions? PM ME!!

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MyPeonCanFly View Post
    The best example for it is advisory =)
    also that brings up my other point.
    Showcase: I heard people complain about that showcase sigs and avatars shouldn't receive any or .
    I believe that they should gain rep and thanks because they r showing that they want to improve their work and also others who are worse than them at graphics can learn. I am not saying give 4 thanks or tons of rep. Just a small and it shows u appreciate the hard work that person put into it. This also gives people the chance to comment on the graphics and tell them constructive feedback. I have seen this so many times where people hate on the graphic by saying "oh this is horrendous or sucks or anything like that". Plz just be polite and give them constructive feedback. They aren't going to improve if u just say it sucks and that is it!!

Guides: guides are another thing.
    I believe that guides should always be or if they actually made the guide themselves. I don't think there is any skilll or time effort that goes into people who go on random websites and steal their work and put it here. Maybe just a 1 thanks is needed but nothing more. Guides take a lot of time and effort and they should always be rewarded!!

McPeon is offline Da flying one

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robin1 View Post
    also that brings up my other point. I heard people complain about that showcase sigs and avatars shouldn't receive any or . I believe that they should gain rep and thanks because they r showing that they want to improve their work and also others who are worse than them at graphics can learn. I am not saying give 4 thanks or tons of rep. Just a small and it shows u appreciate the hard work that person put into it. This also gives people the chance to comment on the graphics and tell them constructive feedback. I have seen this so many times where people hate on the graphic by saying "oh this is horrendous or sucks or anything like that". Plz just be polite and give them constructive feedback. They aren't going to improve if u just say it sucks and that is it!!
    He's all time talking at skype or msn give me more reps give me more reps I gave you eight and you me just 4, which jew -reped me bla bla pm jolinar that he gives me more reps bla bla bla he's anoying with his reps...

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MyPeonCanFly View Post
    He's all time talking at skype or msn give me more reps give me more reps I gave you eight and you me just 4, which jew -reped me bla bla pm jolinar that he gives me more reps bla bla bla he's anoying with his reps...
    also about the calling people jews and crap like that is considered flaming and hating on other people. ONe of the main rules on this forum is no flaming or hating and using words to describe that person just as jew or nig. I have never seen advisory say something about u or crap like that. If u feel he is being too crazy about giving rep and asking for rep. PM me the pm u got from him or something and i will be happy to take things personally. But plz don't flame threads about him

Jolinar is offline rapid response team #1

Array
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfszorn View Post

I've seen most rep are going to people which we like. For example, most post from Tracky have at least one thanks.
    I'm sure Tracky derserve it, but that is not the point. I've seen many good posts from people who aren't that known like Tracky are for example without any thanks.

Or some guys dont rep cause they have a personal problem with the other guy.
    But they deserve it, every good post deserve rep no matter from who they are.

Well Jolinar, you are totally right. We should rep EVERYTHING which is useful.
    As i said you can hate me for writing that down, but i think rep is giving mostly by friends and status (admin or 1post user).

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySpeed View Post
    Why would anyone -rep you for that, it's your opinion.

I pretty much agree with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by fogest View Post
    Yep your totaly right on thats what I have been thinking as well!
    Yes, I did recognize that was an issue, but with this thread, I might say that this is yet another thing we want to and, more importantly, we CAN change.

Quote Originally Posted by robin1 View Post
    i think the main problem with the rep giving on d3scene is people see it as a competition such as the elder users think of it as who is going to get the rep first to 350 and won't give any to eachother just to random members and the moderators cause they think that it won't effect giving tons of rep to tracky jolinar and so on. It is not my life's goal to get to 350 rep on a random website for talking about videogames and graphics. I joined this website for contributing my knowledge on the things i know best and also learning from others. Rep is being taken to seriously on this website!!

and Plz don't spam to all you new members and even old members to get that extra rep. If u have a really bad ratio from post/rep that means u r spamming posts that aren't helping the community and shouldn't even probable written cause it is a waste of your time and ours.

Exactly what I meant in the first post. I mean, sure, keep rep in mind, but don't make your life on the forums dependent on it.

I must say, I am somewhat surprised (mostly in a positive way) about the opinions of all forum members. I do feel such a thread was necessary.

And I can only repeat, if we all work together it will show change for the better.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast